Dating after lockdown #13 Halloween the ghost(er)s favourite season 🎃

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My date last night tanked 😂
In person he was all of 5’5. He had the audacity to say he never dates a woman without a full body picture as he’s been catfished by ‘larger women’ before… explain your heightfishing then 😂 height isn’t the biggest dealbreaker for me I’m only 5’1 anyway but I’m always wary about men who brazenly talk about woman’s bodies. Obviously it’s fine for someone to have a preference of body shape but as someone who had an ED I don’t want to be with a man who feels he can be critical of a woman’s figure.

During dinner he also put me on the spot, I was saying how I usually know after a first date whether I see a future with someone and he asked me whether I’d like to see him again.. this was literally halfway through dinner about 45 mins into meeting each other. I awkwardly said yes but have no intention of seeing him again 🙊 am I in the wrong?? I feel like he caught me off guard and I didn’t know how to play it off 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
In person he was all of 5’5. He had the audacity to say he never dates a woman without a full body picture as he’s been catfished by ‘larger women’ before… explain your heightfishing then 😂 height isn’t the biggest dealbreaker for me I’m only 5’1 anyway but I’m always wary about men who brazenly talk about woman’s bodies. Obviously it’s fine for someone to have a preference of body shape but as someone who had an ED I don’t want to be with a man who feels he can be critical of a woman’s figure.

During dinner he also put me on the spot, I was saying how I usually know after a first date whether I see a future with someone and he asked me whether I’d like to see him again.. this was literally halfway through dinner about 45 mins into meeting each other. I awkwardly said yes but have no intention of seeing him again 🙊 am I in the wrong?? I feel like he caught me off guard and I didn’t know how to play it off 🤭
I can understand how you reacted with saying "yes". He put you on the spot in the middle of the date - if you would have said "no" it would have been properly akward.

I also relate to your feelings regarding him criticising women's weight when being dishonest about this own height.
A former boyfriend had a big belly, but called bigger women "disgusting". Hypocrite much! I always told him "you look the same" 🙈

Reactions: 8
A few months ago I fell for this girl, we were kinda dating, didn't really label it but she would come over most days. Anyway, I met her via a mutual friend, she ended up ghosting me.

I saw her last night on a night out, and called her out on the ghosting. I'm over the ghosting and I genuinely have no hard feelings but it was nice to make a sarcastic comment about how she's risen from the dead in time for Halloween etc 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A few months ago I fell for this girl, we were kinda dating, didn't really label it but she would come over most days. Anyway, I met her via a mutual friend, she ended up ghosting me.

I saw her last night on a night out, and called her out on the ghosting. I'm over the ghosting and I genuinely have no hard feelings but it was nice to make a sarcastic comment about how she's risen from the dead in time for Halloween etc 🤭
How did she react?

@mehere This happened to me a few weeks ago and it really annoyed me. The guy had said he was 5”8 on his profile but in person, he couldn’t have been more than 5”5 and I’m being generous there. I could look him directly in the eye and I’m only 5”3. I can’t remember how, but it did come up in conversation and the little weasel tried to tell me that I must have my own height wrong 🤣 I know how bleeping tall I am Thumbelina, you can put your gaslight back into your Sylvanian Families sized suitcase and sling it 💃🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 37
@mehere This happened to me a few weeks ago and it really annoyed me. The guy had said he was 5”8 on his profile but in person, he couldn’t have been more than 5”5 and I’m being generous there. I could look him directly in the eye and I’m only 5”3. I can’t remember how, but it did come up in conversation and the little weasel tried to tell me that I must have my own height wrong 🤣 I know how bleeping tall I am Thumbelina, you can put your gaslight back into your Sylvanian Families sized suitcase and sling it 💃🏻
OMG, of course it would be your fault. 🙈
What a loser.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve had that happen to me, I’m 5’3” a supposed 5’8” guy who was marginally taller than me in flats, tried to convince me I was 5’6”. I wasn’t actually bothered but why? We didn’t meet thru an app.

Reactions: 2
I’ve had that happen to me, I’m 5’3” a supposed 5’8” guy who was marginally taller than me in flats, tried to convince me I was 5’6”. I wasn’t actually bothered but why? We didn’t meet thru an app.
Because they're convinced that being on the wrong side of 6'0" is the reason they're single. Couldn't be their rampant entitlement, their nonexistent personality or hobbies or their poor hygiene, right? It's the one thing they can't change, so they'll use it as a reason to avoid self reflection.

That's why speaking about their height on their dating profile is always a dark amber flag to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Ergh 45 mins is so early to ask that! I can understand why you said yes. My date last weekend told me he’d like to see me again but that was at the end of an almost 8 hour date! Way more appropriate.

Reactions: 7
Another one 🙋‍♀️ whose date tried to convince me I was taller than I thought. Went into work the next day and got measured by the PE department (worked in a school). Thought I was 5’1 and I’m actually 5’0. So the prick did me a favour

Swore he was 5’8. I had trainers on and could look him in the eye 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
How do you guys cope in those early stages when the likelihood is they’re still seeing other people too? It’s so different to any experience I’ve ever had with anyone before, and in principle I’m ok with it because I get it but also it’s a bit weird isn’t it?

Reactions: 5
It’s why I like 6’0 and over, if they're going to lie about their height they’ll still be over 5’10 usually…

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.