Dating after lockdown #11 My dating life…one bad decision!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a match and the first message they’ve sent is “hey beaut” don’t know why but it gave me instant ick.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It's a numbers game...are most people just texting one person with a view to meeting only them ? Unlikely these days, the multiple chat / dating thing definitely seems to be popular from what I'm experiencing. I think if you can nail down a 2nd date and actually go on it then there is a chance things might progress but it's seemingly becoming the case that just seeing a person once is now a thing ! Sadly!
I can never make it past the first date and I don't know why. My pictures are recent full length ones taken by other people and I like to think I'm not an atrocious person to be around 😂 . The only time dates progress is if I met them in person first rather than on an app, but even they don't seem to work out in the end.

I was always interested in feedback (never asked) simply because I wonder if I am doing something universally off-putting on all my dates. But asking for feedback is a bit cringe isn't it.

Hey girls, I hope you're all well. I really need some advice and I'm writing this wanting to burst into tears.

Why do boys not text after the first date?

This is the second time this has happened to me. Both dates have never been awkward and always been good chat. I'm not an awkward person and I would say that I am attractive, but I never heard back and its absolutely crushing my confidence.

I went on a date last week, went so well and he was telling me he had told his friends about me, when I was leaving he said he really wants to see me again and then... nothing.

I text a day later saying thanks for a lovely evening and... nothing.

I know I sound a little dramatic but I am just wondering am I picking the wrong guys or is it something really wrong with me :(
Nothing wrong with you. And guys will say anything so take the whole "I've told my friends about you" with a pinch of salt. I had a guy once say he was really excited for a date and was telling his friends about where we were going, only to cancel a few days later.

The only time I've been certain we were having a second date is when he walked me home and gave me his coat saying "it was cold" (it wasn't). I asked if he wanted his coat back and he said "give it back to me on our second date". Smooooooth.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just wondering if we could compile a list of witty comebacks...I got sent this from a guy I've been chatting to for a few days ...immediately got my back up !

He messaged me ..morning, how did you sleep? ..I replied morning good thanks, you? To which he replied ..woke up at 5.30, morning glory ..

🤢

I replied back with, never sure how I'm supposed to respond back to that..well done ? Congrats? Woohoo go you ?! .. he replied back with a haha !

Another one for the bin I've a feeling !

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just wondering if we could compile a list of witty comebacks...I got sent this from a guy I've been chatting to for a few days ...immediately got my back up !

He messaged me ..morning, how did you sleep? ..I replied morning good thanks, you? To which he replied ..woke up at 5.30, morning glory ..

🤢

I replied back with, never sure how I'm supposed to respond back to that..well done ? Congrats? Woohoo go you ?! .. he replied back with a haha !

Another one for the bin I've a feeling !
Maybe a reply telling him what bodily function you woke up with. “I woke up needing a wee” 🙃 Knowing them though, they’d turn that sexual!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Maybe a reply telling him what bodily function you woke up with. “I woke up needing a wee” 🙃 Knowing them though, they’d turn that sexual!
I mean if you’ve no intention of pursuing anything with a guy sending you stuff like that then go the whole hog and say you had a poo 😂 or be as purposefully obtuse as possible and be like “what is morning glory?”

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can not deal with that kind of chat. I'm no prude but I honestly don't care about your morning glory...all 4 inches of it.

I had exchanged a couple of messages with a guy and I was able to piece together what his job was and where he worked and I also realised my brother was his boss but I didn't mention this. Within 15 minutes I got a dick pic, you could see he was in his work toilets and you could see part of his uniform. I asked him what his boss would think of him doing that on company time , he said he didn't give a f**k. I then informed him who I was and who my brother was. He quickly said sorry and unmatched me 🤣🤣

I also got chatting to another guy, first 20 mins he was lovely, told me a little bit about his life and also mentioned he was starting a new job soon. Then he sent a filthy message which actually shocked me along with a pic of him in his boxers (with his face in full view)
I sent the sick emoji and unmatched.
3 weeks later there was an announcement sent around my company about some new executive managers starting, one of them was him. I was later introduced to him via a zoom meeting and he was mortified but to top it all off his fiancée dropped him in a coffee during the meeting 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I don't think I've ever ghosted someone before, but I've told white lies on dates before to avoid awkwardness. Like if they say "let's do it again" and I would say "okay sure" rather than tell them I have no intention of seeing them again. I think quite a few people do that just to avoid any awkwardness. I always try to take those statements with a pinch of salt as all that matters is if they follow through.

Ghosting is pretty disrespectful though. I always respond after and if they ask me out again I just say something like "I've thought about it and changed my mind" or something.

Ghosting after quite a few dates / sex is really horrible and you have to be a massive wimp to do that.

Reactions: 6
There does still seem to be a misconception that all women will start to cry and scream and beg them to stay if "dumped". Nah the majority of us will hold our tit in the moment, and maybe have a tear in private.

They need to stop thinking they're so special these days 🤣

I can not deal with that kind of chat. I'm no prude but I honestly don't care about your morning glory...all 4 inches of it.

I had exchanged a couple of messages with a guy and I was able to piece together what his job was and where he worked and I also realised my brother was his boss but I didn't mention this. Within 15 minutes I got a dick pic, you could see he was in his work toilets and you could see part of his uniform. I asked him what his boss would think of him doing that on company time , he said he didn't give a f**k. I then informed him who I was and who my brother was. He quickly said sorry and unmatched me 🤣🤣

I also got chatting to another guy, first 20 mins he was lovely, told me a little bit about his life and also mentioned he was starting a new job soon. Then he sent a filthy message which actually shocked me along with a pic of him in his boxers (with his face in full view)
I sent the sick emoji and unmatched.
3 weeks later there was an announcement sent around my company about some new executive managers starting, one of them was him. I was later introduced to him via a zoom meeting and he was mortified but to top it all off his fiancée dropped him in a coffee during the meeting 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ohhh this is sweet 🤣🤣

Reactions: 8
There does still seem to be a misconception that all women will start to cry and scream and beg them to stay if "dumped". Nah the majority of us will hold our tit in the moment, and maybe have a tear in private.

They need to stop thinking they're so special these days 🤣

Ohhh this is sweet 🤣🤣
Exactly. We're reasonable balanced people. We're not going to combust because you don't want another date with us.

Ghosting is more cruel because of the uncertainty. If you are direct at least we know and we can cut our losses. I guess if you block us on all communication channels we will also get the message. But what if you just disappear / never log in to any of your social media channels / dating profiles ever again. Then it's a double punch of anxiety of "are you not interested or are you dead?"

This has made me a bit upset. I like his answers but I honestly believed the baldie when he would say this to me after our dates, as he was leaving or by texts after.

I’ve honestly believed this almost everytime when a man said this to me. So the thought now that it’s all the times it’s been said to me is a lie / not 100% true makes me doubt myself that It’s me/my company is actually tit 😰🥺🤦🏾‍♀️ Is 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This has made me a bit upset. I like his answers but I honestly believed the baldie when he would say this to me after our dates, as he was leaving or by texts after.

I’ve honestly believed this almost everytime when a man said this to me. So the thought now that it’s all the times it’s been said to me is a lie / not 100% true makes me doubt myself that It’s me/my company is actually tit 😰🥺🤦🏾‍♀️ Is 🤯
Someone saying they "had a good time" is so ambiguous though. I've had a nice time on dates before because they were nice people and the chat was good, but didn't feel the chemistry and wouldn't necessarily be rushing out for another date with them.

The only way you truly know if a date has gone well is if you go on more dates after.

Someone saying they "had a good time" is so ambiguous though. I've had a nice time on dates before because they were nice people and the chat was good, but didn't feel the chemistry and wouldn't necessarily be rushing out for another date with them.

The only way you truly know if a date has gone well is if you go on more dates after.
The guy I was dating was downright cruel. I kept my cards to my chest and it was him all expressing the like/making the plans and saying we were exclusive before giving me the double whammy of no time no spark. Tosspiece. He needs to sort his life out tbh which I see now and tbf I feel pity if anything but nothing more. He can keep snooping on my insta and see me living my best life 🤪 good enough karma for me!! Haha

In other news I've had no kitchen for a week and my diet has been atrocious 🤣 must eat leaf for the next month. Thank god for boxercise!

The guy I was dating was downright cruel. I kept my cards to my chest and it was him all expressing the like/making the plans and saying we were exclusive before giving me the double whammy of no time no spark. Tosspiece. He needs to sort his life out tbh which I see now and tbf I feel pity if anything but nothing more. He can keep snooping on my insta and see me living my best life 🤪 good enough karma for me!! Haha

In other news I've had no kitchen for a week and my diet has been atrocious 🤣 must eat leaf for the next month. Thank god for boxercise!
I don't understand people who do this. they seem to be full on so quickly and then told cold just as quickly. I dated a guy who kept saying "you're amazing" after going on three dates with me and then pushing for exclusivity before telling me he wasn't ready for a relationship. I always wonder if it's because they've got another girl on the go. Most of the time when I've been dating someone and they've suddenly changed their mind it's because they've met someone else. I think very few men will walk away from a relationship / exclusive dating unless they have someone else lined up!

Reactions: 7

That is just one man's view of things, it's not gospel!

I have been on plenty of dates and had a really good time but romantically I wouldn't be in to them.
I have ended up staying in contact with some of these men and they have become friends.

Whatever reason someone gives you, take it at face value and move on. We would all need to be sectioned if we took everything personally.

Reactions: 15
I mean if you’ve no intention of pursuing anything with a guy sending you stuff like that then go the whole hog and say you had a poo 😂 or be as purposefully obtuse as possible and be like “what is morning glory?”
“Morning glory? Wow I didn’t know you were religious, so you were at church this morning?”

• Haha
Reactions: 15

I can't remember, how many dates did you and him have?

I can't remember, how many dates did you and him have?
Well actual dates was probably 1 but then it moved quickly whereby he came round mine/I went to his and did stay over (once as second time I got the football excuse). In the space of like 2 weeks I think I saw him 5 times then covid hit and saw him twice after that then I got silent treatment lol

I don't understand people who do this. they seem to be full on so quickly and then told cold just as quickly. I dated a guy who kept saying "you're amazing" after going on three dates with me and then pushing for exclusivity before telling me he wasn't ready for a relationship. I always wonder if it's because they've got another girl on the go. Most of the time when I've been dating someone and they've suddenly changed their mind it's because they've met someone else. I think very few men will walk away from a relationship / exclusive dating unless they have someone else lined up!
Yeah I never get that go from exclusive chat to ah oops no time and PS no spark. Weirdos haha I don't care anymore I'm quite happy plodding along and doing what I want when I want!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.