Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
I can not deal with that kind of chat. I'm no prude but I honestly don't care about your morning glory...all 4 inches of it.

I had exchanged a couple of messages with a guy and I was able to piece together what his job was and where he worked and I also realised my brother was his boss but I didn't mention this. Within 15 minutes I got a dick pic, you could see he was in his work toilets and you could see part of his uniform. I asked him what his boss would think of him doing that on company time , he said he didn't give a f**k. I then informed him who I was and who my brother was. He quickly said sorry and unmatched me 🤣🤣

I also got chatting to another guy, first 20 mins he was lovely, told me a little bit about his life and also mentioned he was starting a new job soon. Then he sent a filthy message which actually shocked me along with a pic of him in his boxers (with his face in full view)
I sent the sick emoji and unmatched.
3 weeks later there was an announcement sent around my company about some new executive managers starting, one of them was him. I was later introduced to him via a zoom meeting and he was mortified but to top it all off his fiancée dropped him in a coffee during the meeting 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Gossipingginger

Guys I have an update. I previously posted saying I was having 0 luck with a douchbag that I had been messaging for 3months and never met. Anyway moving on I’ve been on 3 lovely dates with someone the 3rd one resulting in a sleepover 🙌🏻 . I’m very much having fun after a very rough period let me tell you.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

hereforthememe

Chatty Member
This is hard work just to follow as a reader

Why are you dragging this out with him? He's been upfront and seems decent so far, go on a date? Or don't, but it really shouldn't be this difficult. The fact it is suggests to me you aren't ready to date

Reactions: 30

Bagpuss7

VIP Member
I wasn't going to post this but then I thought what the heck ..after all the drama today why not !

I'm going on a date !! Not just any old date! He's paid to fly me to Scotland and we are staying in a nice hotel !! The plan is fun,drinks,deep fried Mars bars and no expectation of sex unless I want to ...( He's even booked a room with a double and a single bed ! )

I've not met him in person ...we facetime and talk every day!

I've been through some pretty rough stuff the last 3 months with a bereavement and I also made the mistake of giving an ex another chance ( Mr no phone calls man !) And having spent most of 2020 isolated alone ... I've just decided what the heck and to live a little ! 😖

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

BekkaBoo

Chatty Member
I love this thread and find you guys really supportive and lots of fun.

I've stopped engaging with some of the goings on because with some people it's the same old story again and again and it just gets monotonous and boring especially when it goes on thread after thread and they clearly don't want to take on the genuine advice and support offered to them. In fact the thread starts to die a death because of it, in my opinion.

I also have low tolerance for the 'woe is me' mentality, which I know some people will think is harsh. I think it's fair for those who have offered advice and been ignored to want to draw a line under certain scenarios with certain posters and move on, there's nothing harsh about that, enough is enough. As ATV said, we'd call out our friends for the same behaviour and we owe no more than that to posters on an online forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Wowitsme

VIP Member
Jesus he doesn’t want much I don’t think I’m the girl for him Clearly 😆😆😆 but I find it interesting to ask a man for his perspective on the whole dating thing, it’s interesting 😎😎
Actually I think he is spot on that is exactly what people are looking for when dating.

You want to be excited to see them again and enjoy being around them otherwise what’s the point.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

hereforthememe

Chatty Member
I’ve been wondering, what’s everyone’s views on asking for feedback?

I saw someone on tiktok doing it…

Would you do it?
Have you done it?
What was the result?

I’ve personally never done it. But now i’ve had time to breathe after getting ditched and I am keen to meet someone, so will continue dating, I wondered if it would be useful 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣
Absolutely not.

The things one guy may not like about me, another guy will love. For me, I just keep on being myself because one day it'll be enough for someone. I don't want to fall into the trap again of asking men for some kind of validation where I morph myself to fit their expectations.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
Jesus he doesn’t want much I don’t think I’m the girl for him Clearly 😆😆😆 but I find it interesting to ask a man for his perspective on the whole dating thing, it’s interesting 😎😎
Can you pass him on my number please, he seems engaging and looks hot in his pic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I feel like you have been very defensive and unfairly grilled him in those messages.. what he is looking for DOES exist.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I’m starting to think we are being trolled. There’s problem after problem.

You have to keep the momentum up when it comes to dating or you won’t make it to Friday.

You’re having a self care day.. Fair enough but you’ve managed to chat on here all day and match with new people.

hereforthememe

Chatty Member
I used to love these threads but they have become hard work to keep up with lately. I've just scrolled through 5 pages of the same stories time and time again from the same person.

I'm still going to lurk as I'm invested in other people, but I've given up giving any advice on here

• Heart

Wowitsme

VIP Member
I rest my case I’m massively awkward and especially when nervous I clam up even more so I know we wouldn’t be a good match xx
I am really struggling to see the negatives in Ian.

he likes to smile, laugh, have interests with someone and conversation

Reactions: 23

hereforthememe

Chatty Member
well some positivity

it's date 3 this weekend! I am really looking forward to seeing him, and he'll be staying over too :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 23