Dating after lockdown #11 My dating life…one bad decision!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he could of come back with “sure when are you free” no one wants to feel like they’re pressuring someone to meet.

View attachment 806502
I shouldn’t have wished for a dick pic.. Ended up getting sent one by the wrong person 😅 These men with girlfriends aren’t worth tit..
Seriously what the duck? How are messages like this appropriate when he has a girlfriend and you are seeing someone who by the way you’ve already stated has depression and low self esteem. ‘Iv known him for a decade’ how is this an excuse? I have male friends that are married and in long term relationships that’s Iv known for over 10+ and if I ever got a message like that i would tell them to duck off and cut them off especially knowing that I was also in a relationship.
Also I like how you’ve cut off your reply to this because I could bet it wasn’t ‘no I’m not doing that’ please prove me bleeping wrong 👍🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Seriously what the duck? How are messages like this appropriate when he has a girlfriend and you are seeing someone who by the way you’ve already stated has depression and low self esteem. ‘Iv known him for a decade’ how is this an excuse? I have male friends that are married and in long term relationships that’s Iv known for over 10+ and if I ever got a message like that i would tell them to duck off and cut them off especially knowing that I was also in a relerionship.
Also I like how you’ve cut off your reply to this because I could bet it wasn’t ‘no I’m not doing that’ please prove me bleeping wrong 👍🏼
Well I’m glad someone said that 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Reactions: 8
I think he could of come back with “sure when are you free” no one wants to feel like they’re pressuring someone to meet.
I don't think it is pressuring... Though I am quite confident when it comes to arranging dates so perhaps I don't notice it like this 🤔

I do love it when a man takes charge in arranging the first date though

Reactions: 7
So the most active people are now leaving this thread 🤦‍♀️
I can't carry this whole thing on my own 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh so it’s my fault..!?
This thread has turned into a load of tit.
You can give out harsh advice, but you can’t take it Laurie. You think it’s absolutely ok to tell everyone else to man up and get on with it, until something affects you then everyone is supposed to be sympathetic. If you are going to give tough love (which is all great and needed sometimes) you have to be prepared to take what others say on board too.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I thought it was a bit peculiar that this person was allegedly a friend of 15 years, but at the top of the message it said “view profile” as if it was the first time he’d messaged her on Instagram. Then her reply was cut off.

Meant to say, if that’s what men are like, I’d rather be single 😂
Seriously what the duck? How are messages like this appropriate when he has a girlfriend and you are seeing someone who by the way you’ve already stated has depression and low self esteem. ‘Iv known him for a decade’ how is this an excuse? I have male friends that are married and in long term relationships that’s Iv known for over 10+ and if I ever got a message like that i would tell them to duck off and cut them off especially knowing that I was also in a relationship.

• Heart
Omg can I get my update in before you all leave 😂 I’m on Australian time so was having dinner lol.

I gladly arranged the date. I’m happy to do so, but I go in with the intention of if there is a second date he arranges it. He wanted to meet half way (30 mins between suburbs) but he is a fire fighter (long shifts on a roster) so I said I would drive to his suburb (as he lives in a cool town with great bars) and he asked me a few times if I was sure and he was happy to do half but I’m not working on Saturday and he doesn’t finish till 7 so it really wasn’t a problem.

He said he finishes at 7, I found a bar, they only take walk ins but said we could meet at 8 and he said he had a list of back ups in case we couldn’t get in :)

7230B94F-5E9A-4393-AC06-DE15584FF6D4.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Nobody needs this kind of energy
Well that’s just vile Laurie and if that’s what you resort to when challenged, I feel sorry for you. I’m not going to be unkind back I wish you well xx

So the most active people are now leaving this thread 🤦‍♀️
I can't carry this whole thing on my own 😭
We love you Niamh please stay you’ve always been very kind xx

You can duck off too. You’ve pissed off the most active members off this thread with your tit.
Really swearing at me? Laurie all you’re doing is showing yourself up xx

Reactions: 3
I don't think it is pressuring... Though I am quite confident when it comes to arranging dates so perhaps I don't notice it like this 🤔

I do love it when a man takes charge in arranging the first date though
So do I, but if I arrange the first one they can arrange the second one. I’ve spoken to a few people who feel like on bumble the rules are a little different because of how women approach the men first. It had been 5 days, we are just post lockdown so thought I’d bite the bullet! Rip the bandaid off haha

I also bit the bullet and asked the only other guy I am speaking to (referenced in my other post!) out and he said yes too (hahha it’s like I’m in high school). Please excuse my “maybes” it’s an anxiety thing I think and I will definitely make plans with this man too!

48241AB1-24AE-4C93-80E9-2719B8A64F8B.jpeg

• Heart
Omg can I get my update in before you all leave 😂 I’m on Australian time so was having dinner lol.

I gladly arranged the date. I’m happy to do so, but I go in with the intention of if there is a second date he arranges it. He wanted to meet half way (30 mins between suburbs) but he is a fire fighter (long shifts on a roster) so I said I would drive to his suburb (as he lives in a cool town with great bars) and he asked me a few times if I was sure and he was happy to do half but I’m not working on Saturday and he doesn’t finish till 7 so it really wasn’t a problem.

He said he finishes at 7, I found a bar, they only take walk ins but said we could meet at 8 and he said he had a list of back ups in case we couldn’t get in :)

View attachment 807951
This sounds really good! Well done!

What's the weather like in Australia at the moment? It is spring, right? Perfect for a new romance ❤❤❤

I have to say I am a bit jealous. Meeting up in an Australian town with cool bars sounds perfect. Sadly though I could hardly get there on time, even if I ran to the airport right now 😂😂😂

My little update:
One of the guys I have dated asked me for a second date. He suggested Friday, to go for a walk again and then inside. I am not sure if I want to do this as I don't fancy him. Also, he was one of those who didn't treat me on the first date. We walked for an hour, then sat outside somewhere for a beer that we ordered at the bar. We both fumbled for cash, I was quicker so I paid and he asked if I had change if he gave me a fiver (which would have paid for his share). I said he was invited. It is not a big thing, but somehow it is for me? Maybe an annoying quirk I have?

Another one has also sent me messages, he is currently away with his parents and sent me 17 (!!) pictures from their holiday. I didn't look at them 🙈 I hardly know him and I don't know his parents, so why send me so many pictures? I don't fancy him either. I am a lost cause 😩

Reactions: 5
Wow Laurie that comment about people on here not getting past the first date was below the belt.. I'm surprised.

Oh I think it's been deleted now

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh dear. Time for a new thread/start?

Shall I get the sage out?
Please leave bad vibes in this thread ladies!

This sounds really good! Well done!

What's the weather like in Australia at the moment? It is spring, right? Perfect for a new romance ❤❤❤

I have to say I am a bit jealous. Meeting up in an Australian town with cool bars sounds perfect. Sadly though I could hardly get there on time, even if I ran to the airport right now 😂😂😂
Aw thank you! It is spring time in Australia (our second month of spring) so such a nice time for dating. It’s a beachside town in Sydney with cool bars, I haven’t been on the dating scene here before so I’ll let you all know how it goes!

• Heart
I’m shocked and hurt that someone could turn nasty like that ☹
I always think these sort of things are always about something else. Hurt people hurt people and all that. Doesn’t excuse it but try to see past it (easier said than done I know).

Laurie may come back and explain her choice of words?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.