Dancing on ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vardy should have been in the bottom two. Who on Earth is voting for her bar Jamie?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Poor Matt his first week and he Is off. What was the point in bringing him in! His partner didn’t look very impressed

• Sad
Reactions: 12
What an absolute shambles the show is this year! Matt should have been exempt from the skate off this week, how could he fairly be judged when the others are 3 or 4 weeks in?!

Reactions: 21
Chris seemed really harsh with Matt especially considering the overmarking this series.

Putting my neck on the line here - for all that T&D are real accomplished skaters and national treasures in a way, they don't seem particularly nice people. They both come off a bit dour and it doesn't really fit into the vibe of a reality TV star.

Reactions: 10
My favourite pro skater on the panel was Robin Cousins. I thought he came across as a nice bloke, gave good opinions and marked fairly. Personally I preferred T&D choreographing than judging. Jayne still doesn't look comfortable doing it. I agree they don't come across well on the programme.

Reactions: 6
My favourite pro skater on the panel was Robin Cousins. I thought he came across as a nice bloke, gave good opinions and marked fairly. Personally I preferred T&D choreographing than judging. Jayne still doesn't look comfortable doing it. I agree they don't come across well on the programme.
Can't argue with that - Robin was a fairly solid judge, didn't really do anything wrong, had plenty of knowledge to share. I guess that with T&D becoming judges, they didn't really need him for the relaunch but I'd rather him than them.

I didn't even like them doing choreo because it ended up becoming the T&D show - all centred around worshipping how amazing they are and them doing all of the choreo and most of the talking in VT's. This was all at the expense of the pros who barely got a word in and even the celebs didn't get to be front and centre as much as they should have because of T&D. As a result, there was barely any sense of partnership and we didn't get to know anyone well enough. I think that the lack of popular partnerships is what killed DOI off in it's first rotation.

Reactions: 1
I agree that the show misses someone like Robin Cousins on the panel.

I feel like something was up with Ashley Banjo and that’s not just because of the scores he was giving. There was an odd flatness to him tonight

Reactions: 4
Ok, I’ve been thinking, do we think the skaters have stand ins that have been practicing as long as the main contestants? So if any have to leave they can fill in? I mean just ONE week to rehearse? Hmmmm......

Reactions: 1
Ok, I’ve been thinking, do we think the skaters have stand ins that have been practicing as long as the main contestants? So if any have to leave they can fill in? I mean just ONE week to rehearse? Hmmmm......
Amy said on Instagram her and Joe had been training for three months.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Matt should've been spared from the vote this week. I would've liked to see Matt in a bit longer. What was the point? Ashley seems the only judge that is not over-scoring.

They could condense the show to one hour and get rid of the annoying adverts for we buy any car

Reactions: 3
Ashley Banjo’s ego seems to get bigger each week! Not keen on him at all.

I agree this series is just a shambles. It’s been so rubbish it’s embarrassing to watch!

I'm still gutted Jason Gardiner left as I thought he was brilliant. The contestants are dropping out rapidly this year though, hopefully nobody else does.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.