Dancing on ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s so unfair if Joe and Vanessa get to come back.. you can’t have one rule for one pair and then a different rule for everyone else

Reactions: 4
Is it though? They're the only ones who didn't get a bye to the next week. Rufus would've been back in if he tested negative at the time, Billie used her bye mourning her grandmother, Jason will return and Denise was never recovering in the space of a week.

Didn't rufus get kicked off for racist or something tweets that resurfaced? I'm sure I read he fell out with his partner over them as well. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I stopped watching after the first ep because it bored me 😂

Reactions: 1
Will preface this by saying I actually quite like Vanessa, but it does feel like she’s the golden girl for the show and it’s almost as if they’re bending the rules for her to be able to bring her back... as soon as I saw the show was cancelled this Sunday I suspected they would do this!

Reactions: 3
Will preface this by saying I actually quite like Vanessa, but it does feel like she’s the golden girl for the show and it’s almost as if they’re bending the rules for her to be able to bring her back... as soon as I saw the show was cancelled this Sunday I suspected they would do this!
Exactly. I don't have anything against Vanessa at all, I think she's a brilliant choreographer and great at playing to her partner's strengths but for the other pros it must be a bit of a kick in the teeth if they suddenly change the rules for her and Joe to come back!

Not sure what to make of this (I know it's from the S*n but bear with me):

Seems to paint Faye as desperate to win even if that means switching pro. Apparently a meeting was held about Hamish's injury and whether or not they could do exciting enough routines (apparently she thought she'd be at risk of being eliminated with the planned routine for next week). Seems like he threw in the towel over it. Apparently from what I've seen, he was cleared to skate.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Not sure what to make of this (I know it's from the S*n but bear with me):

Seems to paint Faye as desperate to win even if that means switching pro. Apparently a meeting was held about Hamish's injury and whether or not they could do exciting enough routines (apparently she thought she'd be at risk of being eliminated with the planned routine for next week). Seems like he threw in the towel over it. Apparently from what I've seen, he was cleared to skate.
Poor Hamish. I think Faye and Matt Evers sound like a match made in heaven 😂🤦‍♀️

Is Vanessa shagging the head of the programme or something?

That’s so unfair if Joe and Vanessa get to come back.. you can’t have one rule for one pair and then a different rule for everyone else
They have missed one week which is allowed. If the show aired this week they wouldn't be coming back. It's not favourtism to let them come back. More so it was favourtism to let Denise perform one week stood there doing nothing.

They have missed one week which is allowed. If the show aired this week they wouldn't be coming back. It's not favourtism to let them come back. More so it was favourtism to let Denise perform one week stood there doing nothing.
Of course its favouritism. Vanessa has been allowed to live with her boyfriend whilst everyone else has had to isolate/live alone. How is that fair? I’d be very unhappy if I were one of the other pros. Likewise Rufus Hound was booted after testing positive, he wasn’t brought back when people started to get injured and drop out. Its quite clearly not a level playing field.

The show is now a car crash. Its obviously not Covid safe without proper bubbling, and there is obviously something seriously wrong health and safety wise as there have been so many injuries. As I’ve said several time there were never this many injuries in the entire eight years the show was on air the first time around. Something has clearly gone wrong. Personally I’d take if off the air altogether.

Reactions: 4
Of course its favouritism. Vanessa has been allowed to live with her boyfriend whilst everyone else has had to isolate/live alone. How is that fair? I’d be very unhappy if I were one of the other pros. Likewise Rufus Hound was booted after testing positive, he wasn’t brought back when people started to get injured and drop out. Its quite clearly not a level playing field.

The show is now a car crash. Its obviously not Covid safe without proper bubbling, and there is obviously something seriously wrong health and safety wise as there have been so many injuries. As I’ve said several time there were never this many injuries in the entire eight years the show was on air the first time around. Something has clearly gone wrong. Personally I’d take if off the air altogether.
People in any job get treated differently depending on the level of star they are. Rufus is an horrible man who they were lucky to get shut of because with his previous tweets over the years he shouldn't have been signed up in the first place.

People in any job get treated differently depending on the level of star they are. Rufus is an horrible man who they were lucky to get shut of because with his previous tweets over the years he shouldn't have been signed up in the first place.
Yes of course, that A list star Vanessa Bauer...

Rufus is a dick, but most people have always known that. More fool the producers for signing him in the first place.

Last edited:
Yes, that A list star Vanessa Bauer...
By the standards of the show she is A list. She's never had a bad year. Every partner she's had have been great either because producers give her someone they know is good, she's a brilliant teacher so makes them good or a combo of the two things.

By the standards of the show she is A list. She's never had a bad year. Every partner she's had have been great either because producers give her someone they know is good, she's a brilliant teacher so makes them good or a combo of the two things.
She’s never had a bad year because she’s always had young, fit and able partners. That’s always going to give someone a huge advantage. It’s Karen Barber and Dan Whiston who are teaching the celebs, unlike Strictly the pros don’t teach their partners. She really doesn’t have to do much other than show up to the rink.

She’s never had a bad year because she’s always been given the best male celeb by a mile 😂

Jake quickenden
Wes Nelson
Perri kiely
Joe plant

Where’s the mix of not getting the young fit contestants?

Reactions: 8
She’s never had a bad year because she’s always been given the best male celeb by a mile 😂

Jake quickenden
Wes Nelson
Perri kiely
Joe plant

Where’s the mix of not getting the young fit contestants?
Their ages when on the show were 29,20,24,18. Not one celeb over 30! Can’t think of any other pro on any DOI/SCD version who has had 4 young ones in a row. Even if they don’t want to give her the oldest guy, why not someone in the 35-49 age bracket - surely she could handle them? It seems odd to me.

Their ages when on the show were 29,20,24,18. Not one celeb over 30! Can’t think of any other pro on any DOI/SCD version who has had 4 young ones in a row. Even if they don’t want to give her the oldest guy, why not someone in the 35-49 age bracket - surely she could handle them? It seems odd to me.
Does it blow anyone else’s mind that Perri is older than Wes?? I always forget how young he is 😅🤯

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Imagine Vanessa paired with Rufus. You’d never see it. If I was one of the professionals, I’d certainly be questioning it

• Haha
Imagine Vanessa paired with Rufus. You’d never see it. If I was one of the professionals, I’d certainly be questioning it
I really wanted Vanessa to get Michael Barrymore last year - the idea of them skating together cracks me up.

Can't prove anything so won't say for sure but her draw of celebs makes me think she may be allowed to choose her partners. I really do wonder what she would make of a duffer or even anyone over 30.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.