Dancing on ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Joe last year who went on to win
Ironically, he suddenly went from mediocre to an actual contender when he switched partner. Wonder why they just didn't get paired up from the beginning as Alex M was meant to have Barrymore so it's not like they had her in mind for a celeb who would make it far.

Reactions: 1
I think I would have preferred Mark to get another go more than matt he only got to do one show didn't he?
Maybe because Matt got half a dance with an injured Denise they thought it fair to let him have another go but I think Mark would have been a much better partner for Fay. His dance with Yebin was gorgeous.

Reactions: 2
Maybe because Matt got half a dance with an injured Denise they thought it fair to let him have another go but I think Mark would have been a much better partner for Fay. His dance with Yebin was gorgeous.
At least Matt has won the show - when has Mark ever got someone likely to win? (he did make the final last year but nobody expected Libby to be any good and she was always overmarked).

There‘s obviously something very wrong this year. There were never this many injuries in the whole eight years of the first run of Dancing on Ice. Also seeing Ray Quinn, as obnoxious as he, on Sunday reminded me of how good the celebs were in the first run. Ray, Chris Fountain, Suzanne Shaw, Hayley Tamadon etc. They skated to a really high standard. No one has matched any of them since the reboot.

Actually that reminds of the time I saw the tour in Manchester Arena and Ray got booed all night because he’s a scouser 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There‘s obviously something very wrong this year. There were never this many injuries in the whole eight years of the first run of Dancing on Ice. Also seeing Ray Quinn, as obnoxious as he, on Sunday reminded me of how good the celebs were in the first run. Ray, Chris Fountain, Suzanne Shaw, Hayley Tamadon etc. They skated to a really high standard.

Actually that reminds of the time I saw the tour in Manchester Arena and Ray got booed all night because he’s a scouser 😂
This is a long shot but...do you think the celebs this year are only on there out of desperation because they have no work because of COVID, so they’re not putting much effort in and getting injured that way?

Do they still do the tours? I've been to quite a few and the ones that the pros used to put on on their own.

Do they still do the tours? I've been to quite a few and the ones that the pros used to put on on their own.
I don’t think they’ve done one for years, no. It used to be really good, better than the Strictly tour. In fact DOI got in first with their tour, Strictly only started touring the following year because it was so successful. DOI seemed to work much better in an arena than Strictly did.

I don’t think they’ve done one for years, no. It used to be really good, better than the Strictly tour. In fact DOI did a tour first, Strictly copied them because it was so successful. DOI seemed to work much better in an arena than Strictly did.
Ice shows in general seem to work better in arenas than dance shows, probably because the rink makes more of an impact in an arena than a dance floor and they can do more impressive tricks. Never been to a DOI tour but have seen ice shows on cruise ships before (and have crossed paths with a couple of the current pros as a result) and they are amazing.

This is a long shot but...do you think the celebs this year are only on there out of desperation because they have no work because of COVID, so they’re not putting much effort in and getting injured that way?
I'd say that's probably true for many of them.

I don’t think they’ve done one for years, no. It used to be really good, better than the Strictly tour. In fact DOI did a tour first, Strictly started touring the following year because it was so successful. DOI seemed to work much better in an arena than Strictly did.
They were great and I met quite a few of the celebs after the shows.

Joe & Vanessa are coming back!

I'm on the fence on whether Joe should be allow to rejoin - on 1 hand they desperately need to make numbers up, on the other I think it's a bit of the slap to the face to Amy and (even though he's not well liked here) Rufus as well. Also I can imagine it would rile the other pros up as well, especially if the rumours about Vanessa getting favourable treatment are true.
Joe & Vanessa are coming back!

Reactions: 2
One of the DJs on Radio Clyde clearly isn't a fan he played Take Thats Greatest Day when he announced the news it wasn't on this weekend

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.