Dan Wootton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because no one wants to be involved in whatever tit show will unfold I’d guess.

I do believe the part where he says it’s all well and good when they wanted the good times and getting drunk and going on the parties and award shows. How many were true friends outside that though.
100%. They can all go online and claim to be the best friend in the world now she’s gone... but they weren’t all rallying round her when she was ill they all backed off because yes serious mental illness can be scary but I know from experience stepping in literally saves lives. We devised a plan with someone I am very close to and it involved them being sectioned when they didn’t want to be but now they’re better and they’re so happy we did it as it saved their life and reputation as they were safe in hospital and couldn’t harm themselves or do anything they’d regret. I know it’s so complex though. Can’t help but feel these so called mates who were all much much younger didn’t quite hit the mark when it came to what she actually needed.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Dan Wootton’s vile. I heard that a journalist from The Sun outed Gareth Thomas as being HIV+ to his parents and asked them for a comment.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Dan Wootton’s vile. I heard that a journalist from The Sun outed Gareth Thomas as being HIV+ to his parents and asked them for a comment.
I heard it was Dan Wootton that did it. Is that true or was it another journalist?

Reactions: 6
I heard it was Dan Wootton that did it. Is that true or was it another journalist?
Dan Wootton’s one of the executive editors and always had a strong leaning toward celebrity gossip (wrote the Bizarre column for a while). He’s always had an alleged habit of blackmailing people, so even if he wasn’t the actual journalist who went to Gareth Thomas’ parents you can bet he organised it.
Can’t find the other article.

Reactions: 10
Friends of my younger cousin know Dan as they come from the same area (here in NZ) ... he's seen as a bit of a "lad who did good with a big job overseas" in these parts. I used to wonder whether he and Jason Knauf (who worked for the Cambridges until recently) spoke, as Jason worked here in NZ for a bit too (maybe their paths crossed at some point before they both ended up in the UK?) ... and Dan was of course the one to break several big stories. He definitely had a fly on the wall in the palace.

Reactions: 3
I had the misfortune to watch some of GB News last night and I’m shocked at how bad it was. Shocking production values, very right wing and promoting conspiracy theories as fact.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I will never forget his breakdown rant on Lorraine a few years back when it was announced that Alexandra Burke was on Strictly (I think it was but may be wrong as he seems to have an issue with her)

it was like watching the kid having a tantrum 😂It so obvious he was jealous that he hadn’t been picked. From that moment it was clear what a cnut he is and it’s great to read that my impression of him is true.

Reactions: 10
I found the way he treated Alexandra Burke in particular was absolutely disgraceful. I never seen such an obvious vendetta which the public didn’t seem to question and just went along with it. But that’s a whole different conversation….

Reactions: 9
I found the way he treated Alexandra Burke in particular was absolutely disgraceful. I never seen such an obvious vendetta which the public didn’t seem to question and just went along with it. But that’s a whole different conversation….
What happened? I don’t know much about DW

Reactions: 1
I had the misfortune to watch some of GB News last night and I’m shocked at how bad it was. Shocking production values, very right wing and promoting conspiracy theories as fact.
It was bad. He was so whiny and bratty.
Would be lovely if he went back to Australia but doubt it.
That or we cna pass him over to the states perhaps.

What happened? I don’t know much about DW
Launched a personal hate campaign against her when she was on Strictly. I admit I don’t like her much either, but he crossed a line and went after in a really disturbing way. She’d just lost her mum as well. He’s gone after Nadine Coyle and Stacey Dooley in a similar fashion, Stacey just gives it back to him though.

It was bad. He was so whiny and bratty.
Would be lovely if he went back to Australia but doubt it.
That or we cna pass him over to the states perhaps.
It was like a televised Nuremberg Rally. All they were missing were the swastikas.

Reactions: 8
Launched a personal hate campaign against her when she was on Strictly. I admit I don’t like her much either, but he crossed a line and went after in a really disturbing way. She’d just lost her mum as well. He’s gone after Nadine Coyle and Stacey Dooley in a similar fashion, Stacey just gives it back to him though.

It was like a televised Nuremberg Rally. All they were missing were the swastikas.
I’m not a fan of AB either but that’s disgraceful

Have never liked him - something very wrong about him. But after reading this, I'm absolutely appalled 😔😢.

What a hateful, disgusting thing to do. Karma will have DW 🙏

Reactions: 7
We were in the audience for Strictly the series Alexandra Burke was on (only one episode sadly) and from where we were we could see him in the kind of audience/kind of where the participants family etc sit. Tess Daly must not be on his hit list because she was in about air kissing him and others around him.

He’s an absolute horror and everything that’s wrong in the world!

Reactions: 8
We were in the audience for Strictly the series Alexandra Burke was on (only one episode sadly) and from where we were we could see him in the kind of audience/kind of where the participants family etc sit. Tess Daly must not be on his hit list because she was in about air kissing him and others around him.

He’s an absolute horror and everything that’s wrong in the world!
I heard a rumour he had been banned from Strictly due to him being very pro X-Factor and frequently slating SCD?

Have never liked him - something very wrong about him. But after reading this, I'm absolutely appalled 😔😢.

What a hateful, disgusting thing to do. Karma will have DW 🙏
We live in hope! There was a period when he left The Sun and Lorraine and all the Andrew Brady stuff was coming out that us tattlers were sure it was all over for him….apparently not.

Reactions: 4
I heard a rumour he had been banned from Strictly due to him being very pro X-Factor and frequently slating SCD?

We live in hope! There was a period when he left The Sun and Lorraine and all the Andrew Brady stuff was coming out that us tattlers were sure it was all over for him….apparently not.
I’m as sure as I can be it was his odious face I saw, that was in 2017 so maybe it was after that he was banned? It stuck in my mind because The Sun is obvs a shitrag and I said to my husband “ugh, what’s Tess Daly air kissing that prick for?!”

I’m as sure as I can be it was his odious face I saw, that was in 2017 so maybe it was after that he was banned? It stuck in my mind because The Sun is obvs a shitrag and I said to my husband “ugh, what’s Tess Daly air kissing that prick for?!”
Keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.

Thankfully for Strictly - now that he's moved to GB News and writes more political articles for Mail Online instead of the showbiz stuff on the Sun, he's no longer their problem. I sometimes quite like him as a broadcaster but not as a showbiz journalist as he does have a nasty streak - I do think he seriously overstepped the mark with his bullying of Alexandra Burke and it did obviously affect her, similar situations with Danny John-Jules and some of the pros.

Reactions: 4

I remember when he was the showbiz reporter on Lorraine and he was slagging off Alexandra being on Strictly, instead of calling him out on it Lorraine just laughed along with him.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Oh yes, don’t doubt you for a second - could well have been after that series and possibly the AB situation contributed to the ban. It was horrendous.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.