Dan Wheeler #23 Dan, digging a hole like no other man can, Whoop Whoop is that the sound of the Police!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Says business owner, so no doubt one of these pyramid schemes whereby they get everyone else to do it while he earns off the back of it! Clear as day on his profile. I didn’t have a clue who he was so had a look 😂 couldn’t believe it!

I thought he was as Dans legal team and personal advisor 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Might be worth reporting that ‘job’ advert to the relevant authorities 😉

Reactions: 15
Dan, I don’t want to help you…but if you’re reading this you really need to know that you can’t legally allow someone to work for you for free 😂

The modern slavery act forbids it. Unless you’re a charity and this is a voluntary position (which you’re not). Or you’re providing an internship (which can only be unpaid if it’s a higher education requirement)… any person that is doing work that creates value or revenue for your company or who does work on behalf of your company has to be paid at least minimum wage…

And be given statutory holiday, pension contributions and you’ll need to pay all employee tax and NI contributions.

Unless you hire a freelancer…who most likely won’t work for free, because they value their time.

You can get around this by doing it yourself. Or paying them. Or just forgetting the whole silly idea 🙄
He did try paying someone. But then sacked them off... Then.... Well... We can see what's happening now based on him not having an editor & videographer....

.....or sense for that matter 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
He did try paying someone. But then sacked them off... Then.... Well... We can see what's happening now based on him not having an editor & videographer....

No doubt his ego couldn't cope with the fact that someone knew more about something than he did. That's not allowed in Wheelers World remember....

Reactions: 14
OK let's be honest .
Whanker was a twit
Is still a twit
Will always be a twit !
The difference now though is WE ALL KNOW he's a twit..
That's all.
Ps
I dont like twats

• Haha
Reactions: 25
No doubt his ego couldn't cope with the fact that someone knew more about something than he did. That's not allowed in Wheelers World remember....
Why do you think he has those Teletubbies "working" for him.

And by Teletubbies, I mean colourful nimrods that make sounds but make no sense with those sounds.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

So I guess he didn’t pay his last editor…?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wow - just caught up on the last 24 hours of shennanigans. I'm yet again gobsmacked. Who does he think he is writing that job advert?!? I really hope no one takes him up on it, I will feel so sorry for them. So expolitative. My commiserations to anyone that is paid to be near him, let alone doing it for free. He doesn't even need someone for that amount of time, he just wants to be a boss. He wants to feel important - he shouldn't have any staff at all - he doesn't need any. Yet another thing he has done without thinking through that could backfire on him legally. So 4 people working from Sam's lounge - hope they also have all the right permits - and what an imposition on her and her family, it is awful. He should absolutely not be bringing more people in to this sh!tshow.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just imagine though if you got that job, absolutely unfiltered and unedited access to DW and the crew, you'd be in on all the meetings about the next stunt like 'secretly' filming some staged conversation about not pushing the button. Let's face it, the only thing dan is pushing is 40 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I love pointing out Wheeler's shortcomings as much as anyone, and certainly he is guilty of extensive financial mismanagement that should be investigated. However when it comes to labour law (and I am not familiar with local statutes) his whole scam is so informal it basically amounts to a few friends hanging out. So I'm not sure labour laws and standards would even really apply to them. Maybe this is what he is counting on?

In the unlikely event an unfortunate third party actually took him up on his offer, he could be on thin ice but we all know this has near zero chance of happening. Maybe someone with specific knowledge of your local laws could comment?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Went on Google just for the interest of adding some context. An entry level video editor position should be offering around £23,500 (full time). Not £0.

1646917572098.png

• Wow
Reactions: 15
did we ever find out what happened to Lois? Did Dan ever address where she went?
Not that I can remember. That lady put more time and love into his business than he did and he barely acknowledged her 😒 I hope she is doing well and is happy. She was certainly lovely to me and everyone else i saw her interact with in his Facebook group.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The free access is purely to boost academy numbers.
It serves no purpose, as you don’t get any sort of assistance with your health goals.
He’s only going to scare away any prospective buyers.

Reactions: 13
The free access is purely to boost academy numbers.
It serves no purpose, as you don’t get any sort of assistance with your health goals.
He’s only going to scare away any prospective buyers.
I agree, it must be really doing his head in that TCHQ have overtaken him in numbers, his ego can't stand it 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.