Dammyandlaura

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope it works out too, they do seem like nice people. It’s all one hell of a gamble but good luck to them!

Reactions: 3
Did anyone see the video where dammy lifted the sleeping baby by her arm and leg? Like she was a doll? A few people commented it was dangerous and when I’ve gone back to take a screen shot, it’s disappeared. People made comments like…ahhhh African dads..er no, it’s not how any baby should be picked up!

Reactions: 2
Did anyone see the video where dammy lifted the sleeping baby by her arm and leg? Like she was a doll? A few people commented it was dangerous and when I’ve gone back to take a screen shot, it’s disappeared. People made comments like…ahhhh African dads..er no, it’s not how any baby should be picked up!
Yes! I thought it was odd, I hope it was just for the video and he doesn’t always carry her like that. She must have taken it down because of the negative comments, not sure what she expected! Very strange

Reactions: 1
This is really normal for Africans. I am not saying its good but in the culture its believed it makes a child strong.

I’m sure it is, but I was horrified, and I think this is where the culture clash will happen.
I am married to an African myself... when we had our first child we couldn't agree on anything.. it was really difficult and for us and that was the first time we really had to deal with culture clashes..We used to argue daily but eventually we found our way.. We were already 4 years together before we got a baby. Dammy is new in Europe.. they are gonna have a lot of culture clashes.. bear in mind they didn't spend much time together before they had a child.. I hope all goes well because I actually do like them

Reactions: 3
I am married to an African myself... when we had our first child we couldn't agree on anything.. it was really difficult and for us and that was the first time we really had to deal with culture clashes..We used to argue daily but eventually we found our way.. We were already 4 years together before we got a baby. Dammy is new in Europe.. they are gonna have a lot of culture clashes.. bear in mind they didn't spend much time together before they had a child.. I hope all goes well because I actually do like them
I hope so too, I do think that sometimes, her face says what her mouth isn’t saying and she’s accepting a lot of things that she wouldn’t normally accept…like tolerating how he picked up the baby!

Talking about how date nights are important to the relationship etc…I just feel Dammys got quite a lot more confident, cocky almost. She may be agreeing, but her face and tone of voice say differently. IMO. I do hope she’s ok.

Talking about how date nights are important to the relationship etc…I just feel Dammys got quite a lot more confident, cocky almost. She may be agreeing, but her face and tone of voice say differently. IMO. I do hope she’s ok.
ETA the photo 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

It's all fun now.. everything is new in England so its still nice and fun for dammy.. but one day he will start working and want to send money to Africa or build a house there. That is when she will understand how hard it is to be with someone with a total different culture..

She just seems so passive, just smiles and says ‘yeah’ to everything he says! He talks over her a lot

Giving a six month old baby a bleeping chicken bone is dangerous and irresponsible in my opinion! My heart was in my mouth watching that

Giving a six month old baby a bleeping chicken bone is dangerous and irresponsible in my opinion! My heart was in my mouth watching that
Eating chicken off the bone is actually a good baby led weaning technique. Them holding The bone is good for their grip and they can get the leached vitamins from sucking on the chicken.

Eating chicken off the bone is actually a good baby led weaning technique. Them holding The bone is good for their grip and they can get the leached vitamins from sucking on the chicken.
Maybe so but I would be terrified of them choking, I just don’t think it’s appropriate