Dakota Warren

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This poem is utterly crappy. Thirst shots can't mask a lack of talent.
Wtf, she's such a try-hard šŸ˜… so cringe that she calls herself Lady Dakota Warren, talks about "lying to God", and the worst when she sits at the piano but she can't play.

When she got spiked she posted on stories "I am just a girl". Yet the tit she writes is as if she was some supernatural, god-bleeping, Satan-worshipping, vampire virgin. She lost the plot.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ye gods her pronunciation of Evelyn Waugh is even worse than Roobee Grangerā€™s, what is it with these pretentious little rich girls and never bothering to find out how to pronounce tit?

Itā€™s not ā€Everlyn Woeā€, you idiot. Look it up, or better yet, just stop pretending you actually read books.

Also I feel like we left the ā€acting like Iā€™m high because Iā€™m just that quirky, OR POSSIBLY UNHINGED IN A MURDEROUS SORT OF WAY, YOU WILL NEVER FIND OUT UNTIL ITā€™S TOO LATEā€ act in the 2010s, but Iā€™m sure Iā€™m just not able to appreciate the genius of her schtick.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her recent tiktok just came up on my fyp and i had to see if she had a thread šŸ˜‚ Look i'm all for tearing down over-consumption but how pretentious can you be? People are just taking inspiration from you and enjoy the clothes/makeup you wear. No need to be a witch about it. "I just want to read you a poem" lordddd i have no idea how she survived in australia

Reactions: 3
Her recent tiktok just came up on my fyp and i had to see if she had a thread šŸ˜‚ Look i'm all for tearing down over-consumption but how pretentious can you be? People are just taking inspiration from you and enjoy the clothes/makeup you wear. No need to be a witch about it. "I just want to read you a poem" lordddd i have no idea how she survived in australia
no idea how she's surviving in the UK either (or anywhere tbh!) but I guess she's just always been in a very small pretentious bubble? That's how she comes across at least.

I actually think this one is even worse though? Like does she think it's edgy or mysterious to have fake dried blood on her hands? it feels like all she does is perform this strange character for social media...

And then the response to the "story time?" comment on that saying "i'm just a girl"? Her act is so strange, I don't understand what she's trying to perform here. Like I might be misinterpreting bc i am on my period rn and had the sound off at first (so didn't hear the scream) but this immediately reads to me like she's implying it's dried period blood and she ate her food with dried period blood all over her hands? Like I think she's trying to imply a female rage "a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do The Secret History Camilla" kinda thing (would be more on brand for her usual performance) but I just immediately had that period association lol

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
The problem is, she is not nearly interesting or talented enough to justify being this pretentious. Even if she was, it's so incredibly forced. She's just a privileged white girl who published mediocre poetry, that enough people bought because she cultivates a specific aesthetic. The whole gothic Lolita thing is not gonna fly when she's 36 and unemployed. The extent of her narcissism never ceases to amaze me.

Reactions: 10
dakota, no one wants to hear you read them a poem because your poems are not good. hope this helps xx

• Haha
also her style is hardly unique, 90% of girls doing the same degree as me dress just like her just walk into a charity shop, shove a jumper on over a short dress and viola. At least have some self awareness "I don't want to encourage consumerism but my books and buy through my affiliate links"

I'm watching her last video and it starts with pouring wine in her tea.... and her knickers are, of course, ever present...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm watching her last video and it starts with pouring wine in her tea.... and her knickers are, of course, ever present...
It's so weird... she tries really hard to give of chaotic intellectual who indulges and creates vibes when in reality she (like many other social media creators, as much as she likes to think she's unique) spends huge amounts of time dressing up, putting on makeup and crafting the background for her videos and tiktoks i.e. putting wine glasses on top of books and panties on lamps instead of actually creating something of substance. I can't imagine living off of an aesthetic in such a way. What happens when the next trend comes, social media changes and kids think you're too old to be cool? Surely her writing career will have to rely on something other than impressionable teenagers if she wants longevity.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I wonder what her patreon is like and what she offers there

Reactions: 2
I wonder what her patreon is like and what she offers there
I've noticed the posts that are about her writing, such as poetry, short stories, novel excerpts, and book reviews get significantly less engagement than photos and videos of herself. It's quite clear that people care a lot more about her persona and aesthetic than her writing and opinions, as much as she tries to convince herself otherwise.

does she even have a job? ive just seen her a day in my life tiktok and i feel like this grl does nothing with her life except eat fruit, play dress up and write crappy poetry at overpriced coffee shops
how tf is she affording to live in london and go to all these trips in such a short ammount of time since she blew up on tt/yt?

also her "anti consumerism" tiktok was so cringe, yeah, it must be pretty hard being a pretty white girl and have a lot of engagement on tiktok... that video and her comments on it were so stupid, no, dakota, revlon isnt selling out because of you. and how can you hate on people being obsessed with aesthetics when you yourself are one of those people too?

and the way she made a tiktok recommending some lipstick just a few days later lol i thought buying makeup = bad ://////

does she even have a job? ive just seen her a day in my life tiktok and i feel like this grl does nothing with her life except eat fruit, play dress up and write crappy poetry at overpriced coffee shops
how tf is she affording to live in london and go to all these trips in such a short ammount of time since she blew up on tt/yt?

also her "anti consumerism" tiktok was so cringe, yeah, it must be pretty hard being a pretty white girl and have a lot of engagement on tiktok... that video and her comments on it were so stupid, no, dakota, revlon isnt selling out because of you. and how can you hate on people being obsessed with aesthetics when you yourself are one of those people too?

and the way she made a tiktok recommending some lipstick just a few days later lol i thought buying makeup = bad ://////

From what I understood from her You tube channel, she has a student loan (I guess she's living off that) and before she started university she worked in a bookshop. I don't know how much she could make of off YouTube and brand deals... Maybe her parents are partially supporting her as well?

watch this video:
Where she explains about the student loans in Australia.

I hated this video btw on how she explains she was never in the "headspace of critical resourcefulness" , but that she can afford to go to uni and is sorry for those who can't. I hate he way she comes across.

Any influencer that has this "anti-capitalism" schtick makes my eyes roll so hard

Communism is the same thing as capitalism just done in a different (worse) way. Also - it's the system that you're benefiting from you lazy cow.

Where she explains about the student loans in Australia.
Why does she talk like that? Like she's trying to bump up an essay word count. It doesn't make you sound intelligent, it makes you sound pompous.

Why does she talk like that? Like she's trying to bump up an essay word count. It doesn't make you sound intelligent, it makes you sound pompous.
If you ever read The Secret History by Donna Tartt it's pretty easy to understand why she talks like that since the book is her whole personality. She completely idolizes the characters and thinks she's Camilla Macaulay, the whole satirical aspect went completely over her head because she got obsessed with the aesthetics (ironically that's Donna's main criticism throughout her writing... people who care more about aesthetics than substance).

The book is about a bunch of pretentious people who think they're way more important and intelligent than they really are, many things happen that I won't elaborate on bc they're spoilers, then they kill their friend (that's not a spoiler) and I kid you not she did say on a video she'd gladly kill a friend if it meant she could hang with those people and be in the same situations as them. Jack better watch out!

• Wow
  • Haha

She likely makes a tit ton of money being an influencer. I think y'all greatly underestimate how much influencers make via sponsorships. She has a decent following on TikTok so she's getting paid there too. And I'm sure her Skillshare sponsor is paying her 15,000 a month *at least*. It's annoying how much influencers make now.

Oh wow I had no clue Dakota has a thread on here! This girl bleeping baffles me - the whole ā€˜not like other girlsā€™ thing is hilarious, I guess she didnā€™t have tumblr when she was 13 so needs to get it out of her system now. Her whole aesthetic screams ā€˜wants to seem mature and worldlyā€™, which is pretty much the quickest way possible to demonstrate your immaturity tbh why are there so few booktubers like Emmie lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12