Dakota Warren

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she hooking up with Jack Edwards?? They've been posting a lot of content together on TikTok...I used to like Dakota when her channel seemed earnest but now she seems trapped by living an "aesthetic" lifestyle and it comes across as try-hard and disingenuous.

Also annoying when she always mentions the fact that she's a classic literature major in every.single.video...like sis we get it, you're an "evolved reader" lol. Her whole schtick seems very contrived.
The constant mention of her degree makes me laugh as well because the books she recommends are so basic... All the pretension with none of the actual good taste.... Other literature studying booktubers like Emmie have WAY better well rounded recommendations, while Dakota probably still thinks recommending The Picture of Dorian Grey is some groundbreaking move.

But yeah it really seems like they're together, which is so baffling.

Reactions: 5
The constant mention of her degree makes me laugh as well because the books she recommends are so basic... All the pretension with none of the actual good taste.... Other literature studying booktubers like Emmie have WAY better well rounded recommendations, while Dakota probably still thinks recommending The Picture of Dorian Grey is some groundbreaking move.

But yeah it really seems like they're together, which is so baffling.
I also noticed she tends to recommend the same books over and over. Anyone that worships Dorian Grey gets a side eye from me...it's giving 2014 Tumblr lol. Has anyone read her poetry book?

Reactions: 6
I also noticed she tends to recommend the same books over and over. Anyone that worships Dorian Grey gets a side eye from me...it's giving 2014 Tumblr lol. Has anyone read her poetry book?
I don't own the book but I've seen a few of her poems, they're not awful but not super thought provoking. All style, no substance type writing.

Reactions: 1

Just for the Jack Edwards/Dakota stuff - as the top comment says, it totally looks like he tried to go in for a hug at a point, but then backed off when he saw she was recording a video

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Just for the Jack Edwards/Dakota stuff - as the top comment says, it totally looks like he tried to go in for a hug at a point, but then backed off when he saw she was recording a video
Tbh I think they're probably just friends and doing/saying certain things as they know it will get ppl talking

Reactions: 2
Screenshot_20220824_125909_com.instagram.android.jpg

Spiking drinks is awful and shouldn't be happening. But..... I doubt the person that spiked her drink cares about reading books? Out of everything she could've said she really chose this? Yikes

• Wow
Reactions: 10
That's terrifying but what an odd thing to say. I get it, she's saying that this is the worst thing she could wish someone, but it's like she has to seize the opportunity to be kind of NLOG about it?

but it's like she has to seize the opportunity to be kind of NLOG about it?
That's exactly it. Such a weird response. Still an awful, scary thing to happen though. It makes me angry that women still need to worry about drinks being spiked rather than just enjoying their night out.

View attachment 1523965

Spiking drinks is awful and shouldn't be happening. But..... I doubt the person that spiked her drink cares about reading books? Out of everything she could've said she really chose this? Yikes
That's disgusting that happened to her... A bit off topic but it does feel like women's safety is such a low priority worldwide, and we're just expected to accept that at any given moment a man could hurt us and there's nothing we can do.

I'll forgive her very weird toned Dakota Warren-esque response just because I reckon she's probably a bit in shock... I sure would be at least...

• Heart
lol i was waiting for a tattle thread about her! i found her when she had less than 10k followers on tiktok and i still follow her cause i like her outfits but she has become so insufferable

has anyone read her poems? i only saw a couple from the pictures online and istg she stole a tumblr quote for one of them, that made me really respect her less

her drinking habits are so questionable, i know that its normal to have a glass of wine here and there but at some point she was posting about her drinking so much onn her ig stories and tiktok, i am quite concerned

also, her obsession with cults and being called lady dakota is so bleeping cringe

the way she lets the wine dribble down her face? and gets close to the camera to wipe it? ew

people are talking about her on jack's thread rn and someone said her look is giving Lidl version of sabrina the teenage witch lmao

the way she has to insert herself drinking wine at all, so bleeping weird

Reactions: 2
God, she's like if one of those enter-key-happy "poems" that everybody and their dog was posting on Tumblr in ~2013 somehow gained sentience.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Am I tripping, or did she place her knickers on her lamp behind her, right in shot?...

She also, at a point, says (and I quote) "the devil,... my father, in case you're new here".... Dakota, get a grip, you're like 23.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
^ I've noticed she does a lot of "thirst traps" in her vids, like her one in Paris (I think?) where she was vlogging and just decided to keep in a shot of her with her ass in the air while in bed. I just want some sad girl book recs Dakota, spare my eyeballs.

Reactions: 3
Am I tripping, or did she place her knickers on her lamp behind her, right in shot?...
You're not tripping. I see it too! Knickers on a lamp. šŸ¤Ø

Also, I watched that whole video and think her book summaries are better than Ruby Granger's. That's a very mild compliment.

Reactions: 5
I can never get through a full video of hers unless Iā€™m really in the mood for something convoluted, but I feel like she has potential on booktube. I like hearing her talk about books and she seems to love reading but then sheā€™ll say something about drinking blood or whatever and iā€™m just like ā€¦ Sheā€™s trying too hard to be ā€œaestheticā€ and mysterious, and sometimes sheā€™ll try and make a self aware kind of joke about it but it falls flat.

Sheā€™d do a lot better if she wasnā€™t so tied to the dark academia god killing thing.