Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rubysdeadfly

Chatty Member
cost of living but make it aesthetic. Her starving artist act is so cringe, she's always travelling so clearly isn't short of money

Reactions: 16

bookishfrieze00

1691134195480.png

1691134214652.png

saw this brought up briefly in the review mentioned previously, but Dakota's decision to put this in her obviously aesthetically curated video is genuinely really disgusting and exploitative

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

StatusWoe

VIP Member
What she really wants is for business to send these items to her lol. I’ve seen this over and over again, an influencer will put up a story saying “omg where can I find this” as if google doesn’t exist and days later they were ~kindly~ sent whatever it is they wanted.

Also, her poetry book was nominated for a Goodreads Choice Awards, it’s not the most competitive category but I doubt she’ll win against bigger names unless there’s mass voting. Some of the book:

View attachment 1734130
View attachment 1734132
View attachment 1734134
View attachment 1734136
View attachment 1734145
Again, all vibes and no substance. It’s a book made for teenage girls to annotate and take aesthetic pictures of, she’s no tortured artist.
The good thing about the pre- social media years was that all this teenage-angst drivel would remain in personal notebooks until the authors turned 20, disposed of it safely and anonymously, and the outside world never had to witness the cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

snottymole

Usually just find the attempts to be edgy more or less amusing, but I find the lobotomy references to be in extraordinarily bad taste. It's just so...ugh. I guess that screenshot is from gasmask guy's social media? (I can't find it on Dakota's).

Reactions: 13

qwikti

Chatty Member
"girls when their lifelong childhood crush on their girl best friend is the standard stifled queer experience"

... Can we fucking not? It really pisses me off when people, male or female, eroticise young girl's friendships. Just because you're gay or bi doesn't mean it's standard, nor do the rest of the girls who are just trying to traverse a world that sexualises their every move, often and especially not consensually, need more fuel poured on the 'oooh, girls prance around in their bras and kiss at sleepovers and in changing rooms, everyone knows it! go on! kiss for us!' fire that male fetishists love.

Also 'standard stifled queer experience'? Based on? Or is this another 'girl who is palpably obsessed with male attention simply says she's bi and talks about queer this and queer that because it scores her cool points even though she'll never actually be with a woman or see them as viable love interests'?

• Heart
Reactions: 12

qwikti

Chatty Member

Am I tripping, or did she place her knickers on her lamp behind her, right in shot?...

She also, at a point, says (and I quote) "the devil,... my father, in case you're new here".... Dakota, get a grip, you're like 23.

• Haha

mendelsz

She cant "hunt them down" herself? People who act like this with small businesses irk me so much
What she really wants is for business to send these items to her lol. I’ve seen this over and over again, an influencer will put up a story saying “omg where can I find this” as if google doesn’t exist and days later they were ~kindly~ sent whatever it is they wanted.

Also, her poetry book was nominated for a Goodreads Choice Awards, it’s not the most competitive category but I doubt she’ll win against bigger names unless there’s mass voting. Some of the book:

1668554234498.jpeg

1668554259505.jpeg

1668554292141.jpeg

1668554366338.jpeg

1668554588602.jpeg

Again, all vibes and no substance. It’s a book made for teenage girls to annotate and take aesthetic pictures of, she’s no tortured artist.

• Haha
  • Sick

mendelsz

Ironic that she posted a TikTok shading people that ask about "aesthetics" when she is literally one of the most aesthetic-driven people on that app. Her whole identity is built on dark academia lol.
I remember she posted about someone asking where was her blouse (?) from and she said something along the lines of “I just want to read you poetry”. Girl… I promise you people are not following you for your art. It’s not a good sign when you know your literary career wouldn’t exist if your personal style was old jeans and a tank top.

lizzie2707

Oh wow I had no clue Dakota has a thread on here! This girl fucking baffles me - the whole ‘not like other girls’ thing is hilarious, I guess she didn’t have tumblr when she was 13 so needs to get it out of her system now. Her whole aesthetic screams ‘wants to seem mature and worldly’, which is pretty much the quickest way possible to demonstrate your immaturity tbh why are there so few booktubers like Emmie lol

• Heart
  • Haha

liorer

Dakota claims she reads obsessively, writes obsessively. I wish that she would consult a dictionary and an IPA pronunciation guide obsessively instead. In her book haul video she was butchering every mid-level vocabulary word she came across.

She has an extremely weak grasp of English for a native speaker—just no natural facility with words and language whatsoever.

10:54 macabre as MACK-uh-buh (?? wtf)

11:45 diaspora as DEE-uh-spora. This was bordering on ignorant. It wasn’t just that she mispronounced it, which would be understandable for a lot of people, it was that she sounded it out making it clear it was her first time encountering the word. Has she literally never taken a history class? Hello, Jewish diaspora? African diaspora? Any of the million diasporas you might have learned about?

14:40 visceral as VISKeral (you can’t make this shit up)

16:32 recollections as RE-collections

20:19 calls herself a “frequenting visitor” of her local thrift store

22:15 “this has my utmost recommendation.” Totally ungrammatical.

24:50 amoral as AMoral, like how you would pronounce “amorous.” That one was as excruciating as VISKeral. It’s a-moral, as in without morals, Dakota. Isn’t that a word a devilish, hedonistic god-killer such as yourself should be familiar with?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

qwikti

Chatty Member

the way she lets the wine dribble down her face? and gets close to the camera to wipe it? ew
She's is pretty much what would come out of a machine if you asked a hipster male who only drinks ✨single origin coffee✨ to input his ideal girl - dead behind the eyes, blunt cut bob, and just the right amount of 'appealing to dudes' with the gratuitous lip touching and eye-fucking herself

1661037319039.png

The God killing stuff is so funny to me, I can't even begin to take it seriously. That's the shit that makes me think, 'wow she's really not aware of how she sounds, is she?'.

Last edited:
  • Haha

liorer

So much to unpack here
1. She says sobriety is “in”… when drinking wine is about 50% of her aesthetic (the rest of her aesthetic is misusing words, pretending to read, exposing her ass in awkward ways while performing for the male gaze, and queerbaiting)

2. She says vaping was “never in” but she smokes cigarettes to look edgy in half of her posts? So that means she disapproves of it on a purely aesthetic basis. Lmao of course

3. Bold of her to say veneers are out??? Dakota HAS VENEERS!

4. paraSYNthetic nervous system? Ouch. (It’s paraSYMPAthetic. There’s nothing wrong with not knowing this word or what it means. It’s the fact that she relentlessly uses words she doesn’t understand to seem intelligent. Dakota—it has the opposite effect).

rubysdeadfly

Chatty Member
The entire group are in their 20s cosplaying The Secret History, how are you 25 and pretending to have done a bacchanal when in reality you’ve sat round with ur rich friends and drank expensive wine. Get your own identity because because the Secret History is a satire on the people you’re trying to emulate

Just here to say

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20220824_125909_com.instagram.android.jpg

Spiking drinks is awful and shouldn't be happening. But..... I doubt the person that spiked her drink cares about reading books? Out of everything she could've said she really chose this? Yikes

• Wow
Reactions: 10

lmwfh17

dakota, no one wants to hear you read them a poem because your poems are not good. hope this helps xx

• Haha

ariawyn

If someone told me "you look like you've had a lobotomy", I wouldn't be sharing that with others of my own volition. Christ.

• Haha