Daisy May Cooper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t beat a bit of kath & Kim either
I started to re-watch that during lockdown. I'm not sure if you watch neighbours, but Magda played Karl's sister a few years ago, she was great.

Reactions: 4
Me too! After watching the documentary they did, my husband and I have gone back to the first series to watch it all again.

We constantly rotate through People Just Do Nothing, This Country, Stath Lets Flats, and Friday Night Dinner - all our comedy needs satisfied!
I love all of these. Recently watched Stath Let’s Flats and I highly recommend!

Reactions: 7
Stath let's flats is great, I love that. I've just finished King Gary and ladhood.
Have you seen that Tom Davis is starring in a new series with the guys from People Just Do Nothing called The Curse? Out next year.
Also Steve Stamp wrote one of the episodes of King Gary that was on last week. They all came across so well on the documentary. I really like Asim Chaudry too. His Episode on Off Menu a few weeks back was really good.

Tom Davis was asked the other day if he’ll be working with Daisy soon and he said he hoped so. Be good to see what her next move will be 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Anyone seen the buzzcocks clips going around? I hate saying it but she looks so strange , like a character. I truly hope she’s okay.

Reactions: 5
Love King Gary. Best thing on the BBC at the moment by far. Lully babe!!! Daisy was in the back of her Dads Instagram posts looking like she normally does. I’m reserving judgement on her new look until I see never mind the buzz cocks

Reactions: 6
Have you seen that Tom Davis is starring in a new series with the guys from People Just Do Nothing called The Curse? Out next year.
Also Steve Stamp wrote one of the episodes of King Gary that was on last week. They all came across so well on the documentary. I really like Asim Ch too. His Episode on Off Menu a few weeks back was really good.

Tom Davis was asked the other day if he’ll be working with Daisy soon and he said he hoped so. Be good to see what her next move will be 🤷‍♀️
I didn't know that, but I'm going to keep a look out for it.
I did notice that the actress who plays Miche in people just do nothing was playing the desperate bridesmaid in King Gary.

Reactions: 1
Love King Gary. Best thing on the BBC at the moment by far. Lully babe!!! Daisy was in the back of her Dads Instagram posts looking like she normally does. I’m reserving judgement on her new look until I see never mind the buzz cocks
Very o/t so I apologise, but I love King Gary too. I wondered if anyone here is from Essex and can explain this to me... Do they call Gary 'Gal' for short and Terry 'Tel'? I've never ever heard this kind of consonant reduction before and I studied linguistics at undergrad. Am I hearing it right? It's been driving me mad wondering what I'm hearing 😂

Edit caps

Very o/t so I apologise, but I love King Gary too. I wondered if anyone here is from Essex and can explain this to me... Do they call Gary 'Gal' for short and Terry 'Tel'? I've never ever heard this kind of consonant reduction before and I studied linguistics at undergrad. Am I hearing it right? It's been driving me mad wondering what I'm hearing 😂

Edit caps
I've never heard it before and thought it must be a cockney/Essex thing?

Reactions: 1

Edit caps
You’re definitely hearing correctly. Think King Gary is set in south London, and I’m not from there or Essex, but it’s definitely a way of shortening names. Like Derek is shortened down to Del in Only Fools and Horses.

• Heart
Anyone seen the buzzcocks clips going around? I hate saying it but she looks so strange , like a character. I truly hope she’s okay.
I feel like whoever styled her that day didn’t do her any justice tbh

Reactions: 4

Edit caps
Yes that’s correct. I’m from London with family from Essex, we have a ‘Gal’ and a ‘Tel’ funnily enough 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Edit caps
I’m from Essex and Gaz/Gal and Tel is common for Gary/Terry

And why do they call going down the gym going down the Dave. My family are from south London and I’ve never heard that. Sorry to de rail thread but I need to know!!

Maybe I’ll start a king Gary rave thread!!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.