Daisy May Cooper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can hardly call Peter Kay a one hit wonder!
Phoenix nights was a one hit wonder in terms of success. His other shows That Peter Kay thing, Max and paddy, and car share have been no where near as funny or successful. Probably because he parted ways with Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzgerald as writers after Phoenix nights and it showed. Same will happen with Daisy, she might get a new show with new characters but nothing will be anywhere near as funny and she will be forever known for This Country and that’s it

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It'll be interesting to see how she manages on Buzzcocks with the banter. It's one thing reading funny stuff off the auto cue but another to respond to something off the cuff.

Reactions: 5
I think the Daisy/Kerry character is funny, so funny. I thought perhaps it was very close to her own personality as her insta persona seemed very similar. She didn't come across that funny on task master, but the glam glow up seemed to happen around that time. I don't get this stuff at all, but I feel a bit sad and let down..... which is weird. I guess I loved this country. Hard.

Reactions: 13
I think the Daisy/Kerry character is funny, so funny. I thought perhaps it was very close to her own personality as her insta persona seemed very similar. She didn't come across that funny on task master, but the glam glow up seemed to happen around that time. I don't get this stuff at all, but I feel a bit sad and let down..... which is weird. I guess I loved this country. Hard.
Yeah - at the moment I'm not sure if the 90s Vogue stuff is her taking the piss and dressing up, her having a bit of a blip due to a break up (which is of course, fine) or just her. If it is just her then it's not funny - just like watching people on facebook getting ready for a night out at 'Spoons with their 'Live, Laugh, Love' decal in the background of the shot.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This whole thing has made me so thankful that I’ve never had to go through a breakup in the public eye!

Reactions: 12
I don't find the publisher stuff funny at all. When she posted that clip last week, I just felt sorry for the woman on the other end of the phone just trying to do her job

It will be interesting to see what direction the book publicity takes - the cover photo is very much much old Daisy. I'm sure it will sell well though

Reactions: 10
What on earth is going on with her? It’s baffling. A bit concerning too.

I pre-ordered her book when she was doing all the promo for it, posting about the publishers etc. I found her really funny and was genuinely looking forward to reading it. Recently though she's gone really odd and I just don't find her funny any more. I'm wondering whether to cancel my pre-order.
I just did exactly that.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I don't think her book will be reflective of who she is now... she seems to be in a completely different stage in her life now which is obviously fine but just be honest about it... she keeps posting things on insta then swiftly deleting it which is odd.

Reactions: 3
I criticise people constantly on tattle so I'm not complaining about the takes on Daisy, this is just my opinion on it.

I don't know how long people have followed her but for me it was long before she blew up on Insta. She was always pretty open about not having much money and not getting roles even after the success of TC. You can look at her IMDB. She hasn't actually done that much considering she basically created a massive hit single-handedly.

DMC is in IMO an extremely talented actress. I don't just mean she's funny. She can say so much with a facial expression. Some of the bits with Kerry and her Dad are genuinely heartbreaking. So why didn't she get work after TC?

Okay, she was having kids. But we can't pretend we actresses aren't working expected to also be models, too. I actually suspect she got knocked back and that got to her. It wouldn't surprise me if she was told to lose weight. Maybe that's why she started playing up the complete opposite of that on Instagram - a bit of a duck you.

Then that blew up and she realised she could make more money by being herself. The weight loss is probably stress of divorce but her 'enjoyment' of it is makes sense when you consider she has no doubt been rejected for roles due to her past weight.

As for her being a bit live laugh love. That IS her 🤣 You can say she's a bit chavvy, I'm sure she wouldn't mind 🤣 Did you miss literally all of the cultural references in TC? She is the way she is and has never hidden it.

anyway, JMO ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’m going to sound like a witch but I used to love Daisy like 3-4 years ago when This Country began, so down to earth and funny. She was on insta but took a break as her family said she shared way too much lol.

I honestly think fame and money has gone to her head and she’s dumped her husband. I posted here months ago I suspected it had ended. Suddenly she was losing weight and she seemed so different. She’s mixing with other celebs and I believe that’s also changed her. She has quite a wreckless personality I think, she’s admitted before she’s made so many mistakes in her past, like we all do I’m no saint, but I honestly think she’s got all this money and fame, forgotten her roots and gone wild. My opinion has changed and that’s sad as I really admired her for being so real and down to earth. I hope her ex is ok, he seemed so lovely.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She has been pretty much working since This Country became successful - she had a large role in the David Copperfield adaptation and just finished filming a comedy with Tim Key

But I agree about her possibly trying to break from that stereotype - it reminds me of Maxine Peake years ago saying Victoria Wood had told her to loose weight if she didn't want to limit her roles to the 'funny fat one'. Bit depressing that the industry hasn't changed much since then in that respect

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Might just be the fact that I see her as Kerry but I really can't see her as a great actress for some reason

I think she has a great 'niche' where she can seem very relatable to people, and I'm sure that even her present image is probably relatable to a certain audience, but that leans more into the mockumentary style of acting and it seems that the genre isn't as saturated (at least in Britain) so work is probably a bit hard to come by unless you write it yourself (which she's probably capable of). I just don't really see her as an actress outside of that or other comedic shows where you go 'oh that's Kerry!' rather than 'oh that's Daisy!' though her image change would be explained by that pretty well (as other people have said)

Though I also don't think that the appearance change will do anything to help that tbh. There's just some actors that you see in a certain role that tends to follow them whatever they do

~

I honestly didn't even find the tarot videos that funny. I have watched my fair share of tarot videos on YT and it seemed like she took one of those (in fact it reminded me of a specific channel) and just copied whatever was said. I really failed to see any humour in it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I’m going to sound like a witch but I used to love Daisy like 3-4 years ago when This Country began, so down to earth and funny. She was on insta but took a break as her family said she shared way too much lol.

I honestly think fame and money has gone to her head and she’s dumped her husband. I posted here months ago I suspected it had ended. Suddenly she was losing weight and she seemed so different. She’s mixing with other celebs and I believe that’s also changed her. She has quite a wreckless personality I think, she’s admitted before she’s made so many mistakes in her past, like we all do I’m no saint, but I honestly think she’s got all this money and fame, forgotten her roots and gone wild. My opinion has changed and that’s sad as I really admired her for being so real and down to earth. I hope her ex is ok, he seemed so lovely.
I hope this isn't the case, but I get that impression too. I listened to a podcast her and Charlie were on last year about sibling relationships (I think it was called I Wish I Were an Only Child? Or something like that) and she admitted how she can be a nightmare to deal with at times and very selfish. I think she gave one example where she made Charlie choose between her and his girlfriend at the time. I got the impression that her husband and family were quite a calming influence on that side of her

• Wow
I hope this isn't the case, but I get that impression too. I listened to a podcast her and Charlie were on last year about sibling relationships (I think it was called I Wish I Were an Only Child? Or something like that) and she admitted how she can be a nightmare to deal with at times and very selfish. I think she gave one example where she made Charlie choose between her and his girlfriend at the time. I got the impression that her husband and family were quite a calming influence on that side of her
I absolutely love Charlie, his IG stories are great. He seems really normal.

Reactions: 10
I think so too. I think it was Charlie who made her close her Instagram a few years ago as she was behaving wild on it 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.