Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Much like everyone else, I was a fan of This County and her generally until she went a bit off the rails. But I do think I understand it, having kids and ending a relationship at her age will make you go a bit overboard trying to remind yourself of who you used to be. But I really really enjoyed AIBU - also loved the actor who played her son and the fact that his disability wasn't mentioned or part of the storyline and he was just in it cos he was fucking funny

Reactions: 38

RDay

Chatty Member
My friend was with her in Rehab in Oct 2022. She lost her weight threw those injections for diabetics. Complete alcoholic and Cocaine head and not very nice. Could tell more but would be outing

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
I know I sound like an old fart saying this, but these current comedy folk do nothing for me. I don’t find her funny at all - just irritating.

I feel rather sad, thinking of the talented people we lost at such a young age - Rik Mayall & Caroline Aherne.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Spilttea

VIP Member
Caroline Aherne came across as intensely private and shy, I was around during her time and she just came across as such a troubled soul who came alive during her work but would rather not court the limelight outside of that. Rarely seen outside of her work and this is at the height of her fame.
Daisy seems desperate for validation, the weightloss, the Katie price’esque circa early 00’s looks. I’d like to think she was in on the joke but I really don’t think she is. She reminds me of Sheridan Smith, very talented but became a mess the more famous she got.

Reactions: 30
She looks rough, she likes she’d punch you just for looking at her.
The nails too 😩

Idk if this is a horrific thing to say - I feel bad typing it - but she reminds me of a single mum Stacey Dooley interviewed about being on the game and/or only fans, like not the usual luxe Chanel bag wearing sex worker aesthetic that’s pushed on us by Insta/the Twitter left the really tragic reality of SW which is like flammable clothing and bad aesthetics work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

craftingfroze

Chatty Member
Just googled to see who the boyfriend was/what he does, but was more surprised to find, that between 2021 and now she had a baby, split with husband, had a bf who’s name she got tattooed on her finger, split with him now is on bf number 2 and 5 mths pregnant, jeezo! Im the not far off her age and am single af with no kids 😬

• Wow

sheleg

VIP Member
I love gossip as much as the next person but it doesn't feel right to know stuff from a presumably confidential arena like rehab.

• Heart

Spilttea

VIP Member
Messy messy messy. She gives me Sheridan Smith vibes. Fully expect her to fuck up, try and redeem herself a little, burn some bridges, fuck up again rinse and repeat. She is talented but that has been overshadowed by her need to be seen as attractive and desirable.

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
Someone said in here she doesn’t have custody of her other kids. Is that fact or just gossip? Doesn’t bode well for the new baby.
It was me - its fact, I went to school with her, I no longer live in Cirencester but my mum and niece do, they know of her very well, as do most local people.
Her children live with her ex husband full time.
---
Interesting. On that recent ish podcast with Danny Robbins she talked about her children living with her. But who knows[/QUOT

Her children were with her at the time of whatever ghostly apparition she was talking about on the uncanny podcast...... That Doesn't mean her children live with her - she obviously has access to them / visits,that is not in dispute, however they do live with the dad full time

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I miss lockdown Daisy, she seems to have changed so much. Her posts with her daughter were so funny. I don't think we've even seen her little boy. I wonder if they still live with her...
I think that’s a good thing tbf (not plastering them all over social media). No child, not even a celebrity offspring, should be used as content.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
She is awful. I love This Country and it’s really funny but Daisy as a person isn’t nice. I don’t think the outfit is a joke. She got a bit of fame and thought she was fit so dumped her husband and thinks she’s fucking amazing.

Reactions: 25

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
I was thinking the other day back to 2020, when she would post really funny stuff, like the dancing to TV theme tunes and the sea captain stuff.
IF there are substance issues, it would explain why she was in such a good place in 2020, as presumably she was clean when pregnant. She just seemed in such a different head space back then with her 'take me as I am' attitude. It was really refreshing, rather than now, she appears so obsessed with her outward appearance. She's definitely lost that spark she had 😢

sheleg

VIP Member
Since losing weight she dresses like a Zoo magazine pin-up from the early 2000s. Perplexing.

• Haha

emeraldopal

She is such a special talent - genuinely - even if she'd had worries about being written off as a one hit wonder (or the second fiddle to her brother) in This Country, Am I Being Unreasonable and Rain Dogs cemented her as a force to be reckoned with IMO. So I just don't get why she feels the need to indulge in these weird tabloid faux-candid but actually-staged photoshoot games :( She's SO much better than this.

I think she's great, love This Country and AIBU. Women are judged all the time by how they look. She's not a natural sex kitten but fair play to her for giving zero fucks.

• Heart

thislifesucks

Hello thread! I'm so pleased this thread is here, I used to quite like D.M.C the whole sea captain time and wonky knob. I found her really funny I bought her book (it's rubbish, really actually rubbish!) But recently, what has happened to her? I don't know if it's because she is more well know or if it's the break down of her marriage but she has changed.
And someone needs to have a word with her 'stylist' she just constantly looks like she is a drag queen.
I'm off to have a nosey through the threads!
so…. What you’re saying is….

she’s bloody Ronnie Barkers secret love child!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24