Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

J2607

VIP Member
What I’m most perplexed by is why her photos always look like they’ve been taken on a BlackBerry from 2010?!

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Spilttea

VIP Member
If she stuck to the writing and acting and gave up on the celeb presence she would appear less messy. It’s not like she is without talent. She has a skill and talent. It’s her need for celebrity that will be her downfall eventually.

panda_eyes

VIP Member
Can't see this ending in any way other than disaster for her. She was pregnant on Taskmaster (and presumably therefore sober) and I thought she came across really badly (seems I must've been watching a different show to twitter that thought she was marvellous).

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
I have to say I feel extremely uncomfortable watching Daisy’s stories on Instagram. She is just a tragedy waiting to happen. I really hope she manages to fight her demons and sort her life out. She seems to be spiralling out of control rapidly.

• Sad
Why Daisy… why?!?!?!?!?

This may also be a bad angle but she has a coke-grunt-sniff face there and fucking hell…

I don’t know why this infuriates so much, she clearly has a wealth of intelligence, humour and charisma but buries it in this “what’s up bitches” persona and it just lands so badly.

Inside her there is a woman that shops at Whistles… mark my words 😁

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

petitspois

VIP Member
She's really not conventionally attractive and, quite understandably, must find that hard. It seems to me that she's looking back at when she was young (and could pull) and trying to recreate those days.
I saw an interview with Kathy Burke (who you might think had it all worked out) and she alluded to the fact she still found it hard that she wasn't pretty, despite huge successes and critical acclaim.
I don't find her funny but there was definitely something about AIBU that showed real talent. She should work on refining that to get some real power in the industry.

• Heart

Em_

VIP Member
Caroline Aherne came across as intensely private and shy, I was around during her time and she just came across as such a troubled soul who came alive during her work but would rather not court the limelight outside of that. Rarely seen outside of her work and this is at the height of her fame.
Daisy seems desperate for validation, the weightloss, the Katie price’esque circa early 00’s looks. I’d like to think she was in on the joke but I really don’t think she is. She reminds me of Sheridan Smith, very talented but became a mess the more famous she got.
Nail on the head. I forgot that Sheridan was talented, well is still talented, but I think of her as more of a car crash.

I don't think she could ever be compared to Caroline Aherne, she was truly talented and would never have behaved like Daisy.

Reactions: 18

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I think this is the same version of Daisy who wore the bin bag and Swindon Town dresses to the baftas. Whatever women wear on the red carpet they are going to get criticised/ridiculed for something, so if she goes to extremes and makes a bit of it then she's almost jumping that hurdle - if people laugh at her then it's ok because she's sanctioning it

Reactions: 18

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Charlie was obviously the funny one out of the two because DMC is about as amusing as a fire in an orphanage
I disagree with this I think. Her AIBU show is just as funny as This Country and it shows that DMC is actually is talented in her own right. What she isn’t however, is a stand up comedian who can do off the cuff remarks like the others on NMTB. She isn’t suited to that format at all. I think that if you were maybe in a one to one conversation with her, you’d probably be in stitches, but it doesn’t work on a panel show.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
I went to school with DMC allthough a few years older so didn't particularly know her owner brother. However can confirm coke head - I have friends and family still living in the area ! Bigdrug scene in one of the little villages ( yes really) they filmed this country in . She looks a right mess , feel sorry for her kids and ex husband, he has the custody of the kids so I have been told

• Wow

Fenella

Chatty Member
She does seem weirdly committed to the choker necklaces which are unflattering on 99% of people

• Haha

blatherer

Chatty Member
glad I was here to witness fandom turn into snark and come around back to fandom again 😅 also thanks for the AIBU recommendation!
finished watching it last night, not to reveal any spoilers but towards the final few episodes I thought they were trying to cram a lot in and tie up several loose ends (for a short 6-episode series there were a lot of moving parts!) Also I occasionally found the working-class humour transposed into a upper-middle class fairly boujee lifestyle quite jarring at times. But overall I found it a compelling watch with several laugh out loud moments. The scenes between Daisy and her son were definitely the best.

femmegirly

Chatty Member
I feel like everyone has a rose-tinted memory of Caroline Adherne. She went through phases of falling out of clubs and bars drunk, hung around with other celebs like Gallagher brothers etc and had moments where she definitely courted the media and only latterly kept out the limelight. She attended awards shows etc and reminds me so much of DMC, but obviously far more talented and much funnier but I can see similar messiness like ratty extensions etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16