Daisy May Cooper #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just catching up on NMTB. Episode one what the hell is the hair/wig??? Looks like a fancy dress £4.99 wig. and the brats necklace is horrendous. She just can’t pull it off. Thankfully the laughing and slapping the table has toned down a tad but it’s still there a little.

Reactions: 7
Potential spoiler for AIBU!!!

anyone else getting on the train to work VERY cautiously after watching AIBU?
😬
😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m just catching up on NMTB. Episode one what the hell is the hair/wig??? Looks like a fancy dress £4.99 wig. and the brats necklace is horrendous. She just can’t pull it off. Thankfully the laughing and slapping the table has toned down a tad but it’s still there a little.
Having read that DM article PLUS knowing that NMTB must have been filmed a while back, I presume this is probably when she was clearly having a bit of “a time” - one I think she may be recovering from now.

Reactions: 4
She does seem weirdly committed to the choker necklaces which are unflattering on 99% of people

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I googled her name earlier to read the reviews of her new show and there are loads of interviews where she talks about how she didn't really love her husband. Poor bloke.

Reactions: 11
I googled her name earlier to read the reviews of her new show and there are loads of interviews where she talks about how she didn't really love her husband. Poor bloke.
Yes I read something where she said when she was in hospital having her son, it was during covid. Partners couldn't visit and she was so relieved she realised she must not love him. And she didn't want to go home. I wonder if she ever thought it was PND?
Anyway poor man having that broadcast. And the children knowing.

(Not sure if already posted here but I read on twitter recently Charlie's partner has just had a baby boy. Their dad tweeted it).

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Binge watched, thought the whole series was fantastic.

It was like a gauntlet of emotions that we all go through...

Reactions: 15
glad I was here to witness fandom turn into snark and come around back to fandom again 😅 also thanks for the AIBU recommendation!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
glad I was here to witness fandom turn into snark and come around back to fandom again 😅 also thanks for the AIBU recommendation!
finished watching it last night, not to reveal any spoilers but towards the final few episodes I thought they were trying to cram a lot in and tie up several loose ends (for a short 6-episode series there were a lot of moving parts!) Also I occasionally found the working-class humour transposed into a upper-middle class fairly boujee lifestyle quite jarring at times. But overall I found it a compelling watch with several laugh out loud moments. The scenes between Daisy and her son were definitely the best.

Reactions: 17
Much like everyone else, I was a fan of This County and her generally until she went a bit off the rails. But I do think I understand it, having kids and ending a relationship at her age will make you go a bit overboard trying to remind yourself of who you used to be. But I really really enjoyed AIBU - also loved the actor who played her son and the fact that his disability wasn't mentioned or part of the storyline and he was just in it cos he was bleeping funny

Reactions: 38
finished watching it last night, not to reveal any spoilers but towards the final few episodes I thought they were trying to cram a lot in and tie up several loose ends (for a short 6-episode series there were a lot of moving parts!)
I'm not sure whether it was this or whether it was intentional but there were a few times that I felt like I was watching something that was a dream sequence or dissociation even when it was just the characters having normal conversations

Reactions: 5
Much like everyone else, I was a fan of This County and her generally until she went a bit off the rails. But I do think I understand it, having kids and ending a relationship at her age will make you go a bit overboard trying to remind yourself of who you used to be. But I really really enjoyed AIBU - also loved the actor who played her son and the fact that his disability wasn't mentioned or part of the storyline and he was just in it cos he was bleeping funny
Agree.
I really think Daisy is very funny and talented. I haven't followed much of her personal life tbh so only really know her TV stuff. She just makes me laugh.

Really enjoyed AIBU and was a massive This Country fan but I can’t put my finger on it…just Daisy as herself just seems not as funny. Listened to the Alan Carr podcast with her and the episode was just so flat…it’s like she’s not naturally off the cuff funny? Perhaps just a great writer. Alan is normally in hysterics at his guests and it all felt a bit forced.

Reactions: 14
I’m just reading her book. Like you guys, I loved her but then found her a bit cringe so put off reading it. The way she describes her parents’ behaviour made me feel so uncomfortable and actually angry for Daisy, particularly her Mum. They sound like a right pair of narcs.

Really enjoyed AIBU and was a massive This Country fan but I can’t put my finger on it…just Daisy as herself just seems not as funny. Listened to the Alan Carr podcast with her and the episode was just so flat…it’s like she’s not naturally off the cuff funny? Perhaps just a great writer. Alan is normally in hysterics at his guests and it all felt a bit forced.
Really liked her in "This country" and AIBU but I can't bear her on buzzcocks. All that over the top fake laughing 🤦‍♀️

Really liked her in "This country" and AIBU but I can't bear her on buzzcocks. All that over the top fake laughing 🤦‍♀️
She’s taken to dressing like she’s up for a role in the remake of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane on Buzzcocks - very odd!
I can’t bring myself to watch AIBU because I’ve gone off her so much, but seeing the reviews on here, I might give it a go.

Reactions: 6
She’s taken to dressing like she’s up for a role in the remake of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane on Buzzcocks - very odd!
I can’t bring myself to watch AIBU because I’ve gone off her so much, but seeing the reviews on here, I might give it a go.
Honestly do watch it. I felt the same as you but loved her in this. Then we watched buzzcocks last night and I went off her again lol. Shows she's a good actress I guess.