Dahmer - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watched it all, really was great acting from Evan, I’ve heard of it before but I never knew the ending so was really shocked at it .

Reactions: 4
It's worth mentioning that Glenda wasn't actually his neighbour, she didn't even live in the building. She lived in building next to his. The scene with her daughter and the cops and the young boy is based on truth, but the smells, meat sandwiches etc is creative licenced based off of other people's witness statements. Also some of the racism events has been exaggerated to show that racism existed, as if the audience is stupid and can't tell that for themselves with the subtle real forms experienced without being knocked over head with it.
Not the not thing they’ve changed/made up, making me wonder if it’s worth watching the rest. I probably will as I’m on episode 8 now.

Definitely worth watching it all. Its an excellent series and I've not stopped thinking about it since I finished it. Evan Peters will win an award for this portrayal

Reactions: 12
That's another inaccurate part of the TV programme, in reality he was a charmer and easily likeable. He wasn't this creepy guy shown on tv (well not to those he met anyway) which is why people went with him.

The true story is interesting enough but Netflix always have to out their stamp on the dramas and documentaries
I agree, I’m a big consumer of true crime and this just didn’t work for me. Firstly, 10 episodes?! It could have been 4 in my opinion. I also don’t think his charm and narcissism was shown enough (even if he was an oddball, he was still a psychopath).

Reactions: 11
I watched the first 2 episodes today, but its really played on my mind since, so don’t think I will continue with the rest.

Reactions: 7
I love Evan Peters but I'm a wimp so don't know if I can watch it as my husband is working away for two weeks 🫠

• Heart
I watched the first two episodes but didn’t feel inclined to continue once I saw the statements from the families. I already know the stories so it didn’t feel right to keep watching it for entertainment, 10 episodes just seems too exploitative.

Reactions: 3
Nothing new and nowhere near as scary as the recorded interview with Jeffrey. Now that was haunting. How he speaks about bones etc is chilling.

Tony Hughes episode was brilliant. Devasting. Great to see how racism really played a huge part in how Jeffrey got away with it for so long.

My uncle is a psychiatrist and I did a few weeks training in his hospital. One patient of his I got to sit in on. It was my uncle, me a student, 2 reg's, 2 nurses, social worker. This woman was the most charming person I've ever met. So lovely!

Then my uncle told her to drop the act and her eyes changed. It was scary. She had slagged off an eating disorder patient the day before. Well. She laughed about it, felt 0 remorse. Spoke about it like she was proud of it. There was no history of abuse at all. She was born like this.

I always wonder about Jeffrey and other murderers. How bad would he have been if he had a nurturing home ? Would his fascination with bones and flesh have occurred later on in life if his dad didn't introduce him to all that at such a young age ? We'll never know but psychopath + neglect = this. I actually know someone who is a diagnosed psychopath and is as nice as he can be. Highly intelligent individual. My dad always told me there's loads in our field 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Nothing new and nowhere near as scary as the recorded interview with Jeffrey. Now that was haunting. How he speaks about bones etc is chilling.

Tony Hughes episode was brilliant. Devasting. Great to see how racism really played a huge part in how Jeffrey got away with it for so long.

My uncle is a psychiatrist and I did a few weeks training in his hospital. One patient of his I got to sit in on. It was my uncle, me a student, 2 reg's, 2 nurses, social worker. This woman was the most charming person I've ever met. So lovely!

Then my uncle told her to drop the act and her eyes changed. It was scary. She had slagged off an eating disorder patient the day before. Well. She laughed about it, felt 0 remorse. Spoke about it like she was proud of it. There was no history of abuse at all. She was born like this.

I always wonder about Jeffrey and other murderers. How bad would he have been if he had a nurturing home ? Would his fascination with bones and flesh have occurred later on in life if his dad didn't introduce him to all that at such a young age ? We'll never know but psychopath + neglect = this. I actually know someone who is a diagnosed psychopath and is as nice as he can be. Highly intelligent individual. My dad always told me there's loads in our field 👀
Interesting post. Where can I watch the interview please?

• Heart
Interesting post. Where can I watch the interview please?
YouTube!! One without his Dad is haunting.

Screenshot_20220930-101927_YouTube.jpg

Also lovely half asleep writing this. Meant it's great to see they dealt with the racism issue.. racism isn't great 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

After speaking to my dad about this morning ( while were in Turkey lol 😂) and he's telling me about all the physicians he thought where psychopaths. So interesting because the average Joe will just presume they're dangerous. While being a psychopath can aid our job. Makes it easier in terms of attachments to patients, when someone dies, easier to face hard decisions. So interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
YouTube!! One without his Dad is haunting.

View attachment 1615479

Also lovely half asleep writing this. Meant it's great to see they dealt with the racism issue.. racism isn't great 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

After speaking to my dad about this morning ( while were in Turkey lol 😂) and he's telling me about all the physicians he thought where psychopaths. So interesting because the average Joe will just presume they're dangerous. While being a psychopath can aid our job. Makes it easier in terms of attachments to patients, when someone dies, easier to face hard decisions. So interesting.
Thanks. I’ll give it a watch!

Reactions: 1
Edited to add- just watched it and wow he’s so calm and matter of fact about it. Somehow he manages to sound soft and almost vulnerable.

I think Richard Ramirez (the night stalker) is still the most terrifying serial killer for me. I think it’s his fascination with Satan and the fact that he didn’t have a “type”, some of his victims were children, others elderly men and women, and the fact that he killed people in their own homes and in their own beds were they should’ve been safe.

Reactions: 18
Edited to add- just watched it and wow he’s so calm and matter of fact about it. Somehow he manages to sound soft and almost vulnerable.

I think Richard Ramirez (the night stalker) is still the most terrifying serial killer for me. I think it’s his fascination with Satan and the fact that he didn’t have a “type”, some of his victims were children, others elderly men and women, and the fact that he killed people in their own homes and in their own beds were they should’ve been safe.
Not a serial killer, (well technically I guess he is because he killed 3 people and an unborn child)... Chris Watts is the one who scares me the most. Imagine being married to a man and he kills you and your babies, and you never had any idea who you were married to. That scares the tit out of me.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Not a serial killer, (well technically I guess he is because he killed 3 people and an unborn child)... Chris Watts is the one who scares me the most. Imagine being married to a man and he kills you and your babies, and you never had any idea who you were married to. That scares the tit out of me.
We had a lad here in dublin murder 3 of his siblings and a woman murder 2 of her children in a car fire in the last few weeks. Horrific.

I know when I was studying I met a patient who had OCD. She thought she was filthy and her children where too and day dreamed about murdering them so they weren't filthy anymore. She thankfully successfully completed treatment - she was in the hospital ( private ) for 9 months.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Iv watched so many serial killer documentaries, movies, dramas, iv read books on numerous serial killers even books specifically on Jeffrey Dahmer. So I knew what he did, none of it came as a shock,but something about this made me feel properly ill. Its played on my mind all week.

Reactions: 10
I'm on the last episode now and as sad as it is, it's probably one of the best series I've ever seen. The fact the police were also responsible for tormenting that young boys family on the phone is also disgusting. Just goes to show how racist they are. Glenda was an amazing woman.
Love Glenda, I was in love with her cosy apartment too Amazing lady ❤

Reactions: 7
The kiss on the severed head wrapped in cling film then shoved into a box I can’t stop thinking about 😩😩😩😩

Reactions: 6