Dahmer - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m on episode 8, the one with the deaf victim made me so sad & his poor neighbour 😪 similar to Dennis Neilson crimes. Hard watch

Reactions: 23
I've just started it but I might not be in the right frame of mind to carry on. Hope Evan gets a good quality comedy role soon 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just finished it. Evan Peters and Niecy Nash were fantastic! Chilling.

Reactions: 5
Halfway through episode 8. I have seen so many documentaries about Dahmer but this series is so well done. Chilling.

Reactions: 9
Only on episode 3 but can already tell this is going to be my day off binge material. Echo what has already been said about Evan Peters

Reactions: 2
Anyone else feel their heart racing watching this? Not sure I can keep watching, I’m only on episode 2 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Anyone else feel their heart racing watching this? Not sure I can keep watching, I’m only on episode 2 😬
Yep, I finished it last night. Stick with it, there are some really compelling episodes especially towards the end. It’s unbelievable how many times the system failed to stop him because of homophobia and racism.

Reactions: 14
I'm on the last episode now and as sad as it is, it's probably one of the best series I've ever seen. The fact the police were also responsible for tormenting that young boys family on the phone is also disgusting. Just goes to show how racist they are. Glenda was an amazing woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I found the first episode incredibly nerve wracking and unsettling. But have to say after that so far (just finished episode 4) it feels more like standard serial killer fare. Don't get me wrong, it's brilliantly done and excellent TV, but that unsettling feeling hasn't returned as yet

Brilliant series. Evan Peters is amazing. Disturbing to watch at times, especially the episode with the deaf victim, as others have said. He was different to many other serial killers in that he didn’t really enjoy the killing process, he just wanted the end result, and mainly because he didn’t want to be alone after his awful childhood. No excuses for what he did, but he was a complex character and you almost feel sorry for him in some ways.

Reactions: 12
No excuses for what he did, but he was a complex character and you almost feel sorry for him in some ways.
Yes I'm up to episode 6 and the number of times I have felt quite sorry for him, he was very lonely.

But yeah, gruesome stuff. My jaw dropped with the horrendous racist and homophobic behaviour from the police.

Reactions: 7
i'm gonna echo what most people have said here but Evan Peters has played the role incredibly well, Glenda is an absolute queen for all she did and stood for and I empathised a lot with his father - it seemed as though he really tried so many times to help him and the way he stood by him through the trial.
I was discussing this with my bf because he said, "well you would do that if it was your child" but I'm not sure I would, given the crimes committed. I don't know, it's a weird one and I don't have children so maybe if I did I'd feel differently?!

also, the racism and homophobia from the police was v uncomfortable to watch. 😔

Just finished this. Absolutely fantastic acting from Evan Peters! I've read in depth about his crimes but wow this just really hammers home the extent of it all. Absolutely heartbreaking

It's worth mentioning that Glenda wasn't actually his neighbour, she didn't even live in the building. She lived in building next to his. The scene with her daughter and the cops and the young boy is based on truth, but the smells, meat sandwiches etc is creative licenced based off of other people's witness statements. Also some of the racism events has been exaggerated to show that racism existed, as if the audience is stupid and can't tell that for themselves with the subtle real forms experienced without being knocked over head with it.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I watched episode 1 and it was great, but I can't continue. I'm a wimp and it's too heavy for me to watch.

I was interested to see what he was like in real life, so I watch a youtube interview with him and wow, he was so calm and charming! You almost felt sorry for him. I guess that's how he got away with it for so long.

Reactions: 4
I watched episode 1 and it was great, but I can't continue. I'm a wimp and it's too heavy for me to watch.

I was interested to see what he was like in real life, so I watch a youtube interview with him and wow, he was so calm and charming! You almost felt sorry for him. I guess that's how he got away with it for so long.
That's another inaccurate part of the TV programme, in reality he was a charmer and easily likeable. He wasn't this creepy guy shown on tv (well not to those he met anyway) which is why people went with him.

The true story is interesting enough but Netflix always have to out their stamp on the dramas and documentaries

Reactions: 10
Evan Peters has nailed it!! He plays dark characters so well. He's nailed the mouth movements, Dahmer doesn't move his mouth much when he talks.

Reactions: 13
noticed 4od have a film on called my friend dahmer I’ve started it’s v good too

Reactions: 4