Dahmer - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just dropped, is anyone watching it? They have cast Evan Peters perfectly from what Ive watched so far.

Reactions: 15
I’m about to start the last episode. Evan Peters is amazing in the role I have to say! Didn’t even recognise Molly Ringwald until later on. It’s an amazing show. Probably not the one to watch before bed. However, this is the case that really got me interested in true crime even though it’s really macabre.

me and my boyfriend had quite a in-depth discussion when we were watching it last night, whether or not he was insane. Personally, I think he was sane he knew exactly what he was doing. He went out looking for victims, so the intent for murder was there I think after the murder is where the question lies whether or not, he was insane.

Reactions: 16
I’m about to start the last episode. Evan Peters is amazing in the role I have to say! Didn’t even recognise Molly Ringwald until later on. It’s an amazing show. Probably not the one to watch before bed. However, this is the case that really got me interested in true crime even though it’s really macabre.

me and my boyfriend had quite a in-depth discussion when we were watching it last night, whether or not he was insane. Personally, I think he was sane he knew exactly what he was doing. He went out looking for victims, so the intent for murder was there I think after the murder is where the question lies whether or not, he was insane.
Totally agree. He was absolutely sane. Evan Peters was brilliant and I thought the dad was really good too. My heart went out to him and he's still alive too. He just kept trying to put him on the right path.

Reactions: 8
I read no spoilers so really didn’t expect the scene at the start of the episode with
John Wayne Gacy
that got me going back and reading through all of that too.
Evan Peters was cast brilliantly, I also loved Glenda-her scenes were so emotional

Reactions: 5
I read no spoilers so really didn’t expect the scene at the start of the episode with
John Wayne Gacy
Evan Peters was cast brilliantly, I also loved Glenda-her scenes were so emotional
Me neither! And also listening to a podcast about him also. Glenda was a queen!

Reactions: 2
I'm 8 episodes in. It has been very good for not romanticising or glamourising Dahmer or his crimes, and for showing the systemic racism and homophobia within the police, not to mention their complete incompetence.

There were so many chances to catch him.amd stop him, but his privilege let him slip through the net time after time. It was disgraceful.

Evan Peters has done an outstanding job embodying this absolute psychopath. The supporting cast has also been excellent.

Reactions: 29
Is there anything in this series that hasn't been told in the countless factual documentaries about him? The first 2 episodes bored me. They've also got a "conversations with..." series out next month. It's serial killer overload on Netflix.

Reactions: 3
Is there anything in this series that hasn't been told in the countless factual documentaries about him? The first 2 episodes bored me. They've also got a "conversations with..." series out next month. It's serial killer overload on Netflix.
True crime and serial killers are now such a huge part of TV, not just Netflix. I also understand that not everyone finds it easy viewing. There was a few scenes in the series that I wasn’t aware of.

Reactions: 4
Curious to know everyones views on this. Lots of comments stating it is ‘adult humour’. Comments saying ‘love this’ ‘need this. I personally think it is awful to want to glorify some of the worst men to exist. Do people not have any empathy towards the victims or their families?

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
John Wayne Gacy
Yes very unexpected!!

Reactions: 1
Curious to know everyones views on this. Lots of comments stating it is ‘adult humour’. Comments saying ‘love this’ ‘need this. I personally think it is awful to want to glorify some of the worst men to exist. Do people not have any empathy towards the victims or their families?
That’s disgusting really offensive inagree with you.

Reactions: 17
I'm 8 episodes in. It has been very good for not romanticising or glamourising Dahmer or his crimes, and for showing the systemic racism and homophobia within the police, not to mention their complete incompetence.

There were so many chances to catch him.amd stop him, but his privilege let him slip through the net time after time. It was disgraceful.

Evan Peters has done an outstanding job embodying this absolute psychopath. The supporting cast has also been excellent.
Definitely. Even Dahmer tried to take advantage of the homophobia within the police - eg by saying things like "oh we're homosexuals" to them - in other words "it's normal for things to be a bit weird here".

It's weird how people make light of stuff like that. They wouldn't find it a laughing matter if it was one of their family who got murdered.

Reactions: 12
I wouldn't call the show itself 'adult humour', although it does try to find some lighter moments at times in the darkness - for example the conversation between Tony and his two deaf friends when they were seated around the table on their night out. That was a simply wonderful moment showing their friendship and was a much needed respite from the horrors.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
That’s gross I have to say!

Reactions: 3