Dad V Girls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t find them relatable at all their fans are mostly children what other child is gifted boxes of stuff everyday Sarah loves to brag about how amazing her life is it’s not relatable to show only good things that’s not real life I don’t think they’ll ever make the video about Sophie’s special needs because their not bothered to put lots of work into a video

Reactions: 3
There a channel I used to love and think that they’re slightly upper normal life but then it all turned into saying the cost of everything eg. Over £100 on shein and saying Joel probably owes her anyway And all of the designer presents for kaci and grace. It’s ridiculous and just like family fizz. It’s all of the little things such as lunch at the shard and £1000 trampoline. For a video! i get that they deserve to spend the money they earn but they don’t need to shove it in everyone’s faces. sarah should’ve captioned her lunch pic with. “Just reminding you that I can afford lunch at the shard. And we are above all of you. Wear a mask but only because of the government I don’t really give a shite about coronavirus because I’m fine” . they’re changing which we can’t change but they have been going on about reaching one million for weeks/months now and they’re barley changing, it’s a reflection of their lack of effort and excessive flaunting!

Their recent videos have been so rushed and boring- the began one was ridiculous it also wasn’t cooking vegan food it was heating up frozen carp- and surprise surprise they didn’t like what they were eating - they are really irritating when it comes to food
Then this weeks video was absolute rubbish again- they definitely don’t appear to put any effort in anymore the ads on Instagram and constant and Sarah will literally advertise anything and everything 🙄

Had to unfollow these guys. Such unrelatable content and a sense of “entitlement” just another instafam on the bandwagon.

Reactions: 2
Its so annoying like any food idea someone else has they don’t like! I get not everyone likes everything but if your this fussy don’t make those videos!

Sorry but when Joel was asked where the Eiffel Tower is and he started with R Sarah made him eat a jelly bean. Are they joking or do they seriously think it’s in Rome or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Sorry but when Joel was asked where the Eiffel Tower is and he started with R Sarah made him eat a jelly bean. Are they joking or do they seriously think it’s in Rome or something?
It sounded like he went to say France

It seems like the more I read about them here and watch their videos the faker they get. Their early growth was due to the facade they have created that they were just a normal family who have all they do thanks to YouTube and Joel recently said in a video that it’s pretty easy to do YouTube, all you need to do is pick up a camera and talk, I don’t remember him mentioning that it was so easy for him because he was an editor for his parents tv channel. Their going to fizzle out in a year, they rose to fame quickly and will lose it quickly once more people realise that they’re not actually that relatable. In their last video I almost gave up watching because I cannot stand Sarah and Joel’s attitude, and you can see it being projected on to Kaci and Grace with them all retching over the jelly beans and in other videos they’ve shown this attitude towards food. My parents would never let me do something like that over food and even if I don’t like something, most over the time I’ll have to eat it as they’re not going to cook 5 different meals for everyone. I guess that’s why they pretty much always eat ready meals or takeaways because they can’t be bothered to cook something everyone will like and teach their children to like more food.

Reactions: 4
Kaci isn’t planning on going to college/university it’s so stupid she wants to be a model and youtuber all these youtube family kids think that youtube is going to be around forever in 15 years I doubt it’s going to still be around

Reactions: 5
Kaci isn’t planning on going to college/university it’s so stupid she wants to be a model and youtuber all these youtube family kids think that youtube is going to be around forever in 15 years I doubt it’s going to still be around
Kacis stunning but it’s not model pretty it’s like actress pretty. Like she doesn’t have any striking feautures that agencies want, plus she isn’t that tall is she?

Reactions: 7
Kacis stunning but it’s not model pretty it’s like actress pretty. Like she doesn’t have any striking feautures that agencies want, plus she isn’t that tall is she?
Yeah this is what I was going to say but I didn’t want to it to be read as a bit mean but to be a real model not a teen holister model you’ve got to be at least 5’8+ and stick thin Kaci just isn’t theres nothing wrong with that,that’s like most people not many people have that model figure

Their attitude towards food is pathetic. I thought it was bad that Sarah didn’t mention the company she got the matching clothes from seeing as they did it last minute for her yet she complained they didn’t match 100%- thats the sort of thing that show the entitled and un grateful attitude they have

Tbh, I dont see anything wrong with her "Lunch at the Shard" caption but then again, I wouldn't count the Shard as amazingly expensive either. (£30pp at lunch?) People go for the name, hype and views. Its really not all that.

I haven't watched any of their recent stuff to comment but you guys need to remember, they haven't changed. They're living in a million pound property in a very affluent area driving a Mercedes and Land Rover. All that they had BEFORE Youtube. They are the HEIGHT of middle class, they have never struggled in their lives. They go on multiple family holidays to America and Europe every year all expenses paid for. This is because Joel's family is well off and either pay Joel an extortionate salary for what he was doing OR his parents were funding him (less likely). Now they clearly have their own money and its clearly 6 figures annually so their lifestyle will only get worse and more in our faces. Youtube is built on consumerism, greed and vanity. Dont let it get to your heads because this family were never normal working class like Family Fizz.

Reactions: 13
Tbh, I dont see anything wrong with her "Lunch at the Shard" caption but then again, I wouldn't count the Shard as amazingly expensive either. (£30pp at lunch?) People go for the name, hype and views. Its really not all that.

I haven't watched any of their recent stuff to comment but you guys need to remember, they haven't changed. They're living in a million pound property in a very affluent area driving a Mercedes and Land Rover. All that they had BEFORE Youtube. They are the HEIGHT of middle class, they have never struggled in their lives. They go on multiple family holidays to America and Europe every year all expenses paid for. This is because Joel's family is well off and either pay Joel an extortionate salary for what he was doing OR his parents were funding him (less likely). Now they clearly have their own money and its clearly 6 figures annually so their lifestyle will only get worse and more in our faces. Youtube is built on consumerism, greed and vanity. Dont let it get to your heads because this family were never normal working class like Family Fizz.
You are right but why are we only noticing it and getting irritated by it now?

You are right but why are we only noticing it and getting irritated by it now?
Because before, they weren't on 6 figure income annually. They were probably very comfortable on Joel's salary considering they didn't have to pay normal things like a mortgage and most their holidays had low overheads or were paid for by his parents. The holidays to Spain were to his family home so only thing that would be out of the norm were plane tickets which are quite cheap from the UK. The cruise holidays every few years were probably paid for by Joels parents seeing as at xmas/birthday their gift to Kaci and Grace was a trip to America with them (probably cancelled now).

Now, they're on 6 figure incomes from Youtube of way more than 100k a year they can afford to go on holiday way more than twice a year hence why they have and we had comments about the kids being out of school for long on this thread. They can also afford nicer things to splurge on like clothing, shoes and the like which they already had before but now they can indulge in it when they want and for however much. Theyve been doing YT for only two years and have made more money than Joel had ever before which is why they're finally moving out of his parents home - YT is giving them enough money to afford a deposit on a 5 bedroom house in Surrey which is no easy feat.

I think we're all irritated now because we came in to their channel not being aware of their privledge already - we thought they were a normal working class family like Family Fizz or even the Ace family (before the YT curse ofc) but they never had hard beginnings like them - theyve never been on the poverty line but I still see DVG are more relatable than the former channels because theyve always had money so I dont think it'll change them because they have more, if that makes sense. I just hope they can prepare the kids because their life won't always be like this and Kaci thinking she can follow in Saffron Barkers footsteps is worrying. She can barely string a sentence together in her videos, they need to work on that.

Does anyone know if they have sold their house yet?
Its a rented house which is in Joel's family. Either Joel and his brother own it (and Joel pays 50% rent to his brother) OR his parents still own it and will rent it out after. I doubt it will go on the market which is why they had to address the question in the vlog.

Reactions: 7
Because before, they weren't on 6 figure income annually. They were probably very comfortable on Joel's salary considering they didn't have to pay normal things like a mortgage and most their holidays had low overheads or were paid for by his parents. The holidays to Spain were to his family home so only thing that would be out of the norm were plane tickets which are quite cheap from the UK. The cruise holidays every few years were probably paid for by Joels parents seeing as at xmas/birthday their gift to Kaci and Grace was a trip to America with them (probably cancelled now).

Now, they're on 6 figure incomes from Youtube of way more than 100k a year they can afford to go on holiday way more than twice a year hence why they have and we had comments about the kids being out of school for long on this thread. They can also afford nicer things to splurge on like clothing, shoes and the like which they already had before but now they can indulge in it when they want and for however much. Theyve been doing YT for only two years and have made more money than Joel had ever before which is why they're finally moving out of his parents home - YT is giving them enough money to afford a deposit on a 5 bedroom house in Surrey which is no easy feat.

I think we're all irritated now because we came in to their channel not being aware of their privledge already - we thought they were a normal working class family like Family Fizz or even the Ace family (before the YT curse ofc) but they never had hard beginnings like them - theyve never been on the poverty line but I still see DVG are more relatable than the former channels because theyve always had money so I dont think it'll change them because they have more, if that makes sense. I just hope they can prepare the kids because their life won't always be like this and Kaci thinking she can follow in Saffron Barkers footsteps is worrying. She can barely string a sentence together in her videos, they need to work on that.

Its a rented house which is in Joel's family. Either Joel and his brother own it (and Joel pays 50% rent to his brother) OR his parents still own it and will rent it out after. I doubt it will go on the market which is why they had to address the question in the vlog.
Yes I agree, I have heard both Sarah and Joel day more than once that they didn’t ever get proper educations and they don’t believe this is a problem. I have no problem with my children doing any career they want however they need to have a back up plan and have some qualifications behind them.
I don’t like how they allow Kaci to pose in her posts a quick look through her followers shows some very dodgy “older men” -I have no idea about Graces plans as she says very little in her sisters shadow Sophie is an absolute sweetheart and is the only one who is grateful for everything and I’m concerned Chloe is going to be an absolute nightmare as they appear to let her do what she wants when she wants and even recording that she punched Sarah in the face the other day-
I used to look at them and feel they were relatable to my family and then the money videos became more regular and they appear to me to be really ungrateful and entitled- if I remember correctly they started on Instagram and Joel used to do videos of him and the girls etc whereas nowadays you only see them on Instagram to do ads - Sarah is ridiculous the amount of ads she does
Their content is boring now,
I must say I am very impressed with the research you’ve done 😂

Reactions: 5
Yes I agree, I have heard both Sarah and Joel day more than once that they didn’t ever get proper educations and they don’t believe this is a problem. I have no problem with my children doing any career they want however they need to have a back up plan and have some qualifications behind them.
I don’t like how they allow Kaci to pose in her posts a quick look through her followers shows some very dodgy “older men” -I have no idea about Graces plans as she says very little in her sisters shadow Sophie is an absolute sweetheart and is the only one who is grateful for everything and I’m concerned Chloe is going to be an absolute nightmare as they appear to let her do what she wants when she wants and even recording that she punched Sarah in the face the other day-
I used to look at them and feel they were relatable to my family and then the money videos became more regular and they appear to me to be really ungrateful and entitled- if I remember correctly they started on Instagram and Joel used to do videos of him and the girls etc whereas nowadays you only see them on Instagram to do ads - Sarah is ridiculous the amount of ads she does
Their content is boring now,
I must say I am very impressed with the research you’ve done 😂
Hahaha thank you. I'm just really nosey and didn't realise how much I would find! It was like a never ending sinkhole. Joel's dad actually pulled Joel out of college so he could work at Revelation TV so he has loads of experience with TV, production, editing etc. I dont think Sarah has ever had a job since Kaci? She dropped out after she got pregnant didn't she?

I do think Kaci is old enough to pose how she wants and they arent too bad to be fair, compared to other girls her age. She has a parent monitored account too but IDK how often they actually monitor it. Tbh I think the older kids are so loving towards Sophie and Chloe and do sacrifice a few things for them as normal. When it comes to each other, Kaci and Grace are bratty but I think thats normal in any family. I believe the same dynamic for Sophie and Chloe too just because they're both close in age. The fact that they had enough money to pay for a babysitter to come on holiday should have been enough for people to be like "ok, not working class then" LOL. Chloe has a big personality, she will be very cheeky but I think she's only 2 yet so its hard to judge.

Their instagram feeds are disgusting, every post is an ad. Im hoping they needed the money for the house to show their income is high and stable and now they'll give it a rest.

Hahaha thank you. I'm just really nosey and didn't realise how much I would find! It was like a never ending sinkhole. Joel's dad actually pulled Joel out of college so he could work at Revelation TV so he has loads of experience with TV, production, editing etc. I dont think Sarah has ever had a job since Kaci? She dropped out after she got pregnant didn't she?

I do think Kaci is old enough to pose how she wants and they arent too bad to be fair, compared to other girls her age. She has a parent monitored account too but IDK how often they actually monitor it. Tbh I think the older kids are so loving towards Sophie and Chloe and do sacrifice a few things for them as normal. When it comes to each other, Kaci and Grace are bratty but I think thats normal in any family. I believe the same dynamic for Sophie and Chloe too just because they're both close in age. The fact that they had enough money to pay for a babysitter to come on holiday should have been enough for people to be like "ok, not working class then" LOL. Chloe has a big personality, she will be very cheeky but I think she's only 2 yet so its hard to judge.

Their instagram feeds are disgusting, every post is an ad. Im hoping they needed the money for the house to show their income is high and stable and now they'll give it a rest.

I think I’m sensitive to the Kaci posts as I have a teenage daughter whos friend was groomed online and the thought of Grown men looking at these girls is so awful.
sarah was brought up in a council house so her family are not rich- her sister has an Instagram account too with her family and they seem quite “comfortable” too so maybe they both married well

I can’t imagine they will have a mortgage on the house they are moving into - I’ve not heard them mention Joel’s dad before I don’t think - I know his mum has been in some of the videos they have done but never the dad.

They do treat Kaci as if she is a lot older than she actually is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.