Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

idk2

VIP Member
You are right but why are we only noticing it and getting irritated by it now?
Because before, they weren't on 6 figure income annually. They were probably very comfortable on Joel's salary considering they didn't have to pay normal things like a mortgage and most their holidays had low overheads or were paid for by his parents. The holidays to Spain were to his family home so only thing that would be out of the norm were plane tickets which are quite cheap from the UK. The cruise holidays every few years were probably paid for by Joels parents seeing as at xmas/birthday their gift to Kaci and Grace was a trip to America with them (probably cancelled now).

Now, they're on 6 figure incomes from Youtube of way more than 100k a year they can afford to go on holiday way more than twice a year hence why they have and we had comments about the kids being out of school for long on this thread. They can also afford nicer things to splurge on like clothing, shoes and the like which they already had before but now they can indulge in it when they want and for however much. Theyve been doing YT for only two years and have made more money than Joel had ever before which is why they're finally moving out of his parents home - YT is giving them enough money to afford a deposit on a 5 bedroom house in Surrey which is no easy feat.

I think we're all irritated now because we came in to their channel not being aware of their privledge already - we thought they were a normal working class family like Family Fizz or even the Ace family (before the YT curse ofc) but they never had hard beginnings like them - theyve never been on the poverty line but I still see DVG are more relatable than the former channels because theyve always had money so I dont think it'll change them because they have more, if that makes sense. I just hope they can prepare the kids because their life won't always be like this and Kaci thinking she can follow in Saffron Barkers footsteps is worrying. She can barely string a sentence together in her videos, they need to work on that.

Does anyone know if they have sold their house yet?
Its a rented house which is in Joel's family. Either Joel and his brother own it (and Joel pays 50% rent to his brother) OR his parents still own it and will rent it out after. I doubt it will go on the market which is why they had to address the question in the vlog.

Reactions: 7
The victim blaming mindset on this thread is insane. If a paedophile is looking at a child in a sexual way, whether that is online or in person, the paedophile is at fault, whether that child is wearing a swimsuit or a freaking snowsuit. A child (or anybody!) should not be told that they have to behave in a 'modest' way so that they aren't assaulted, the focus should be on stopping the criminals from committing those crimes.

If a friend of yours was sexually assaulted and when it happened she was wearing a crop top and shorts like the ones you seem to have an issue with, would you actually say to her that she should've worn something different because then it wouldn't have happened?
thank you!!!! that is exactly what im saying

idk2

VIP Member
The video today was very sweet. Sarah and Joel have a very sweet relationship, you can tell Joel got quite shy near the end lol. The kids are lucky to witness a healthy loving relationship between their parents.

• Heart
Kaci said she wanted to do something along the line of a personal trainer/PE teacher. She is going to attend sixth form and I am going to assume uni as well for a career like that. I think what I love about this family so much is despite them being so big on YouTube now, they’re still somewhat relatable. Most family you tubers by now would’ve taken their kids out of school and done home schooling instead and travel the world. I didn’t like the fact that Joel was edging towards the idea of home schooling as I know for a fact it would instantly make them like any other family YouTube channel. I like how Joel and Sarah have made it so Kaci does higher education incase her social influencer career comes to an end she has opportunities waiting for her that she got the qualifications for. So many you tubers Kaci’s age wouldn’t even think twice about sixth form or college and just want to carry on with YouTube. We all know YouTube won’t last forever...

Lisa85

I’m really confused the place Grace donated her money was the same place paying them to make the video it seems rather strange to me
I think the way grace reacted was quite genuine I doubt she knew what boots did. She does come across as a very level headed sweet girl and probably their time in London she saw homeless people and knew what she wanted to do with her money anyway.

I don’t think Kaci has any intention of going to uni. And I don’t think the parents think she will either. I think her plan is to go on with YouTube/Instagram but not come out and say it because it doesn’t look good to say a 15 year old is going to forgo higher education and instead rely on a medium that like social media that can be so unstable. But if she gets to 18 and then says she’s decided to focus on sm, then there’s bound to be more of the ‘well she’s 18 so she can make her own choices’ attitude. And there’s always the argument of, you can get back into education but the YouTube fame might not be around forever so giving it a go while you still can.

Not saying that I agree or that it’s what I would push for, I’m just saying it’s what I think will happen.

Reactions: 6

ReinaAnn

I agree completely-hopefully she’s getting the support she needs to meet her needs in education

Another boring - repeated video yesterday and each week Sarah becomes more annoying in the videos

I can see from their Instagram they are away at the moment at centre parks - it’s hard isn’t it Joel’s just got a brand new PS and has done a very showy off video whilst many in the country’s right now don’t even know if they can have a hot meal this evening

although it looks like they have paid for this as he hasn’t put gifted or ad on any of the stories

although it looks like they have paid for this as he hasn’t put gifted or ad on any of the stories

I saw the big log cabin, but thought it looked too nice to be centre parks! I just flipped through their posts.

I hope they actually pay for the activities in the day instead of being approached whilst they are there and having it gifted in return for filming it.

Yet again Kaci’s friend has been taken with them, but Grace is bound to be even more left out than usual. They even laughed in her last video when she admitted she didn’t think she would win the challenge (which she did come last in.) I think She’s going to be the one that looses interest in the filming first. They should think more carefully about how this impacts her, maybe get her to pick a video challenge or feature that she can thrive in.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about how showy it was. Lots of kids will be going back to school, facing even more financial difficulties esp in London where they have no more free transport, not being able to face walking to school daily and missing their only hot meal. I went to a school which was 80% free school meals. Although this wasn’t my personal position, it was very open and known. Bearing in mind I finished school 8 years ago, before the growth in the need for food banks. I’ve seen how a meal allowance is valued and devoured.

How troubling is it for this group of people to view social media and YouTube and to see families playing with food? Wondering why they can’t go on holiday? Or have the latest ‘back to school merch.’ Instead using the same school uniform that probably doesn’t fit because they ‘only went to school for half the year’ and it’s still in reasonable condition. They should face the realities of what happens just outside their doorstep. They were quick to jump to help the NHS so why not donate a portion of merch profit, to a charity that provides uniform, and breakfasts to families in need?

Ashleya

Whilst I normally get annoyed by they’re money flashing I quite like how they didn’t go on too much about the brands. It was flashed in your face like some people do a d talk about it for 5 minutes

i dont understand why people are so concerned about how the girls dress. nearly every person i know or see on tiktok or IG who is around the same age as the girls dress like this. same thing goes for the tiktok dances and the Instagram poses, if you scroll through the app everyone that age is doing the exact same thing and if you have an issue with it then your issue should be with society for normalizing the sexualisation of children not the parents for allowing the children to dress the way they want to(which i don't see any issue with at all). this isn't the old ages and im assuming most ppl on this thread are adults and if you were to dress or act in that way in your day it would be seen as inappropriate but its 2021 things are different and i don't think they should be shamed for behaving and acting just like any other kid their age.

paigelemonade

VIP Member
Ngl I think they blindly treat Grace as the harsh treated middle child without knowing. Yes they’re a happy family, and at times lovely to watch, but sometimes Grace will be scolded more, especially in the most recent vlog, and is often almost purposely misunderstood. Like they’ll appreciate Kaci and her humour and the stuff she says, but often Grace is opposed or disregarded over her humour and what she says. They’re use to Kaci having an outspoken personality but when Grace says something it’s more often than not scrutinised? Which is harmful in the long run as she’s turned a teen and is becoming her own. Hmmm I think sometimes they think Kaci is better on camera, so won’t make the effort to humour Grace as much.

idk2

VIP Member
I think they were on there best behaviour because of how famous Peter Andre is and they didn't want to look like idiots infront of him.
I just watched it! I thought Petre's kids came off a bit cheeky in comparison to DVG which made them feel awkward. There seemed to be quite a bit of bickering between them while DVG just watched on 🤣 Also, Kaci and Junior are the same age but I wouldnt have thought so watching that!

It was an entertaining video which seemed like a nightmare to film and edit but yeah, I agree. Not many challenges at all and too much commentary by the Andre's

izzy56734

i love this family and i do get no ones family is perfected, i know for a fact mine isn’t but no one knows that as we aren’t in the spotlight. but the one thing i love about this family is i feel like they are different, they don’t use sophie’s disability for views and don’t share really personal things about the girls, for example when fizz family had to update all their subscribers on mias first bra and period for views ?!?! just baffles me how that is acceptable. but yeha of course they aren’t perfect and should be held accountable for some wrong doings but if you take a look at your own family u know for a fact it’s not perfect but it’s your family so you love them no matter what

Just because you are born into money it doesn't mean that you have to have an entitled attitute. And just becuase you can afford expensive branded things it doesn't mean you have to only buy branded clothes. If they want to only buy expensive things then that is their decision but a lot of people cant relate to that.
majority of graces clothes, from what they show us, is from shein. a top from there is like £4

Ksps0k29vucn

No Kaci clearly gets given things to her on a plate without much contemplation. Grace, with the gecko had to clean her room which is fine but i don't think the public needed to see it. Also when Sarah did her own vlog, she opened Kaci's room door but didn't show Kaci or the room as clearly Kaci did not want to be seen. But then she walked into Grace's room and Grace clearly doesn't want the world to know her room is messy. Sarah not only showed the "messy" room she made a comment too. There's an obvious disparity between how they treat the two in my opinion

Blue Rose

VIP Member
kaci asking for lip fillers for her 16th birthday makes me ... sad? like yeah she'll be the legal age required to get them done & could get them dissolved in the future but she's so young and also naturally pretty as is. (most likely heavily influenced by celebs on instagram, the main reason i hate the internet lol)
Ikr, I was glad at how much Joel and Sarah were saying she doesn’t need them though and that she’s pretty as she is. Hopefully they properly talk to her about it off camera too.

gossboss14

VIP Member
Not exactly copying is it? They do videos that are trending on youtube and so do Norris Nuts, not that I watch them. DVG do make their own video ideas too, like the lockdown Olympic games etc.
Was just about to say the same, they are all just common trends and challenges on YouTube 😂