Dad V Girls #2 Obsessed with designer labels, Advertisements and Sponsorships

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If there's any family who know how to hide assets and money, its Joel's lol - no shade.
I think they operate through their limited company and also as sole traders and split their income this way. They also pay themselves a lot as there's not much use money sitting in the bank for their type of 'company/business'
This is interesting but if they operate as sole traders that would be on companies house too unless they operate as a partnership (this is risky). If you click on Joel's name on companies house it reveals all the companies hes been or is a director for

Reactions: 1
Sold out in under 5 minutes again
Tbh I don’t think they’re actually selling that much each time. It’s quite common for influencers to big up merch drops to their fans, only put out some of the items, and watch it quickly sell out. This means people feel more urgent to buy their products and will then pay less attention to how much they’re actually spending in relation to what they’re buying. They’re basically taking advantage of their fans loyalty to sell overpriced clothes.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
🤦‍♀️ my god, what was that ‘documentary’?
You’d swear they were talking anout some groundbreaking humanitarian work or a product that changed the world.
They released a bit of merch ffs 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
🤦‍♀️ my god, what was that ‘documentary’?
You’d swear they were talking anout some groundbreaking humanitarian work or a product that changed the world.
They released a bit of merch ffs 😂😂
What! How can you say these products aren't going to change the world! They are selling a double branded soft like so soft erm new fashion style called Coco but not Coco it's Des vu, you know what I mean it just came to them to call it Des Vu erm it unique because clothing is a memory and fast fashion helps fill landfill sites worldwide.

I thought Inghams were bad for rip off merch but these are taking it to another level imo.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What! How can you say these products aren't going to change the world! They are selling a double branded soft like so soft erm new fashion style called Coco but not Coco it's Des vu, you know what I mean it just came to them to call it Des Vu erm it unique because clothing is a memory and fast fashion helps fill landfill sites worldwide.

I thought Inghams were bad for rip off merch but these are taking it to another level imo.
No you’re right. I just didn’t understand the gravity of the brand. But as I sit here in my unbranded hoody, I feel as though I’m missing a revolution in one of the most meaningful areas of life. Fashion. I’ll go and think about how wrong I was (thus making it a memory)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Tbh I don’t think they’re actually selling that much each time. It’s quite common for influencers to big up merch drops to their fans, only put out some of the items, and watch it quickly sell out. This means people feel more urgent to buy their products and will then pay less attention to how much they’re actually spending in relation to what they’re buying. They’re basically taking advantage of their fans loyalty to sell overpriced clothes.
That’s spot on

I should say, some of these businesses use a strategy and put “selling out fast” when in reality the merch isn’t selling out at all. In order to boost sales they make people believe there’s a limited availability so that it creates, as you said, an urgency to buy the products

Reactions: 6
The lounge wear does actually look very comfy and I do really like the colours.

However the name doesn't seem to relate to their channel at all, I would never connect the brand to them without knowing it was actually them who designed it. They have been very late to advertise and promote their clothing line as well.

If you look at the Ingham family businesses (who I know a lot of people have mixed opinions on). However Sarah actually has a professional looking website, she always gives little updates and sneak peeks of new lines and her name is actually written on the label of all her products.

It just seems like this family have rushed into this and not given anyone much time to process it.
Are you talking about Sarah Ingham who buys her blankets and figets that are not safety tested from alibaba for pennies and marks them up at insane prices ripping off her young and vulnerable fans? They are both as bad as each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Cba with DVG using click bait every time for their videos. They have enough subscribers to not do that.

This is interesting but if they operate as sole traders that would be on companies house too unless they operate as a partnership (this is risky). If you click on Joel's name on companies house it reveals all the companies hes been or is a director for
Sole traders don't have to register with companies house as they're classed as self-employed rather than a LTD company or partnership so this figure wouldn't be online anywhere. It is more risky this way but that's probably why they could have split the income between company and sole trader.

I hate when stores like New Look give photoshoots to influencers who won't even wear their clothing. There are actual models that could be doing that who aren't already millionaires (not Grace's fault, they probably got in touch with her).

Reactions: 7
The lounge wear does actually look very comfy and I do really like the colours.

However the name doesn't seem to relate to their channel at all, I would never connect the brand to them without knowing it was actually them who designed it. They have been very late to advertise and promote their clothing line as well.

If you look at the Ingham family businesses (who I know a lot of people have mixed opinions on). However Sarah actually has a professional looking website, she always gives little updates and sneak peeks of new lines and her name is actually written on the label of all her products.

It just seems like this family have rushed into this and not given anyone much time to process it.
Sarah Ingham... Who buys a bag for less than £5 on alibaba and sells it for near £30? and with the worst quality and no thought what's so ever put in to anything she sells allowing people to cut their food short just to buy a blanket for £50 that she buys for £10

Not saying DVG are better but it does look like thought, effort and time where put into the clothes and they do look like good quality.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I will never buy merch from any youtubers.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I really wish that Grace was more individual.

I can understand being influenced by people on social media but she is completely obsessed with what other people are doing on Tiktok and she is becoming judgmental of her family members just because they are using certain products.

Everyone has different hair and skin types and will react differently to certain products. She was standing there saying that Aussie - Miracle Moist shampoo makes your hair greasy. Yes, of course it will make your hair greasy if you have a greasy hair type. That is because it is designed for people with slight dry/damaged hair, the clue is in the name. However that doesn't mean that it is a bad product, it just means it isn't the right product for you.

Does she really believe everything people say.

Reactions: 22

I can understand being influenced by people on social media but she is completely obsessed with what other people are doing on Tiktok and she is becoming judgmental of her family members just because they are using certain products.

Everyone has different hair and skin types and will react differently to certain products. She was standing there saying that Aussie - Miracle Moist shampoo makes your hair greasy. Yes, of course it will make your hair greasy if you have a greasy hair type. That is because it is designed for people with slight dry/damaged hair, the clue is in the name. However that doesn't mean that it is a bad product, it just means it isn't the right product for you.

I agree. She’s becoming too easily lead. I watch TikToks too and some things is see look like they could be true but if I’m going to try it I always look it up first because half the time what people say isn’t true or is only true for some people e.g. saying things about hair products in relation to one type of hair. It honestly shocks me how pretty much every things she tries is because she saw it on TikTok, if I was doing all of these just because someone on social media said to my parents would’ve told me to actually fact check what I’m seeing/hearing and probably limited my time on social media. Although letting their kids be on social media is what pays Joel and Sarah’s bills so I guess they’re not going to do that. However, you’d think they’d at least tell her to stop believing everything she sees and maybe look into some more reliable sources when looking into things like skin and hair care.

Reactions: 4

A lot of naivety I think. I can't believe she is 13, she dresses so old for her age and a lot older than Kaci did back then. I can see their channel dying out in a couple years when Kaci moves out as I don't see people watching solely for Joel, Sarah, the little ones and Grace pouting in the camera. Probably why they're bringing out their clothing brand merch

Reactions: 6
I agree. She’s becoming too easily lead. I watch TikToks too and some things is see look like they could be true but if I’m going to try it I always look it up first because half the time what people say isn’t true or is only true for some people e.g. saying things about hair products in relation to one type of hair. It honestly shocks me how pretty much every things she tries is because she saw it on TikTok, if I was doing all of these just because someone on social media said to my parents would’ve told me to actually fact check what I’m seeing/hearing and probably limited my time on social media. Although letting their kids be on social media is what pays Joel and Sarah’s bills so I guess they’re not going to do that. However, you’d think they’d at least tell her to stop believing everything she sees and maybe look into some more reliable sources when looking into things like skin and hair care.
Your right, she is very easily lead!

If I said I was doing something just because someone on Tiktok was doing it (not just as a one off but all the time) my parents would probably tell me to stop 'Being a sheep' and conforming to everyone else. Then they would tell me to read all the reviews and do some research.

I don't think Grace trusts her own judgement and fears being left out.

The thing is she actually comes across like she believes everything she is hearing and is being a bit dismissive of her own families opinions.

I seen £45 and thought not bad for joggers and top!!! BUT NO!! That’s just for hoodie. Prices far to high especially for younger fans. I can’t see it being popular. Lounge wear so popular right now can get it cheaper else where
The family is money oriented and charging their branded clothing at high prices could be misleading or ripping of customers for them to make a quick profit, where customers can buy a good tracksuit identical to theirs for a cheaper price in a high street store.

Reactions: 2
Silicons are really bad for your hair. They contain plastic so if you use heat on your hair it will be sealed/melt into the hair and doesn’t get removed by washing and so builds up causing greasy hair. Aussie doesn’t contain silicons but does contain parabens and sulphates which aren’t as bad. To be honest I don’t see the harm in researching ingredients especially having problems with greasy hair etc but TikTok isnt the best source of education.
The brand she said burnt a girls face on TikTok irritated me though because she probably had an allergic reaction and obviously these are very rare and that brand has been shamed all over their channel if anyone recognised the packaging. Hair dye can cause similar problems which is why you patch test.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.