Dad V Girls #2 Obsessed with designer labels, Advertisements and Sponsorships

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you mean by unauthentic, but genuine and down to earth? That’s a direct contradiction in the same sentence! Maybe I’ve missed something?
Oh yeah, that doesn't make sense at all!

I mean un-authentic, not geniune and not down to earth. My mistake.

Reactions: 1
Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
I must ask, why do you watch them when they seem to annoy you so much?
I have never thought any of their videos came across as scripted. We have just spent basically a whole year in lockdown and there's only so much you do when you're limited to what you can and cannot do outdoors they probably just ran out of ideas as none us expected to be in lockdown for this long. Ive realised as lockdown went on that they were becoming a bit more unprepared but like I said they might of just ran out of ideas. I am sure from the summer there will be making some lovely videos again. Compared to other family youtubers, I'd definitely say DVG come across as more genuine than many others. The thing is about their brands is that they have ALWAYS had money. Even before YouTube it was always them in branded clothing and I feel like moaning about someone wearing branded clothing is just silly. I'm sure if you guys won the lottery you'd consider buying at least one designer item. Kaci and I guess Grace are at this age where all they want to do is fit in and get in with the trend. Unfortunately the trend right now is flipping expensive Jordan's with baggy jeans and that's what they both wear. Teenagers these days are very different to teenagers 10 years ago. in 2021 its all about how you look and how you dress so to be honest it don't surprise me that nearly every video they're wearing designer clothes. Joel on the other hand has just always been materialistic.
I honestly do wish them the best in terms of this pregnancy. I can't even imagine what they went through having to deal with two miscarriages. Today's video was very sweet with the girls.

However Joel sitting there saying how he wanted the video to be Authentic to them sounded like a bit of a joke to me. He re-made the video just because of his hair!

I think in only a very few amount of their videos do they actually come across as being genuine.

This family come across to me as being the most un-authentic, geniune and down to earth family on Youtube.

Everything they do comes across as being fake and scripted and half the time they appear like they just can't be bothered. This has been going on way before the miscarriages as well. They will only film in there expensive tracksuits and half the adds and sponsers they do they don't even use.

I must ask, why do you watch them when they seem to annoy you so much?
I have never thought any of their videos came across as scripted. We have just spent basically a whole year in lockdown and there's only so much you do when you're limited to what you can and cannot do outdoors they probably just ran out of ideas as none us expected to be in lockdown for this long. Ive realised as lockdown went on that they were becoming a bit more unprepared but like I said they might of just ran out of ideas. I am sure from the summer there will be making some lovely videos again. Compared to other family youtubers, I'd definitely say DVG come across as more genuine than many others. The thing is about their brands is that they have ALWAYS had money. Even before YouTube it was always them in branded clothing and I feel like moaning about someone wearing branded clothing is just silly. I'm sure if you guys won the lottery you'd consider buying at least one designer item. Kaci and I guess Grace are at this age where all they want to do is fit in and get in with the trend. Unfortunately the trend right now is flipping expensive Jordan's with baggy jeans and that's what they both wear. Teenagers these days are very different to teenagers 10 years ago. in 2021 its all about how you look and how you dress so to be honest it don't surprise me that nearly every video they're wearing designer clothes. Joel on the other hand has just always been materialistic.
I started off enjoying watching their content but within the last year or so they have changed a lot.

They honestly do not come across as being a genuine family to me, I just don't see it.

I know that they have always had money and been well off which I don't have an issue with. It's the constant talking about brands and designer clothes. They are a very materialistic as a family and they like to be seen in a certain way.

Their instagram pages are full of adds and sponserships and I have never seen another family do as many adds as this family does.

Yes there are families on Youtube just like them. However a lot of families who are as wealthy as them or have more money than them don't feel the need to constantly throw around their wealth to their audience.

They just don't come across as a relatable family. They used to but not anymore. They have lost their origionality.

Reactions: 2
I'm a bit confused dthough, like I wonder if they told the girls' about the past experiences of the babies that they have sadly lost because if they didn't it seems like quite an insensitive way to find out from a video. (I apologise in advance if i cause any offence to anyone on here)

Reactions: 4
I'm a bit confused dthough, like I wonder if they told the girls' about the past experiences of the babies that they have sadly lost because if they didn't it seems like quite an insensitive way to find out from a video. (I apologise in advance if i cause any offence to anyone on here)
I really don't think they would let them find that out from a youtube video, im sure they would have explained that to them beforehand

No way would they leave Kaci and Grace to find out through a video. I think both girls have always been aware that they wanted another baby and they always seem to be really honest with the girls. Kaci and Grace both seem mature, so I am sure that Joel and Sarah would have told them.

I don’t know- they found out Sophie’s life expectancy in a video. I mean even if it was wrong still not the way they should have found out.

No way would they leave Kaci and Grace to find out through a video. I think both girls have always been aware that they wanted another baby and they always seem to be really honest with the girls. Kaci and Grace both seem mature, so I am sure that Joel and Sarah would have told them.

I don’t know- they found out Sophie’s life expectancy in a video. I mean even if it was wrong still not the way they should have found out.
They didn’t let them find out about Sophie in a video. They were talking about how they got a life expectancy and then she had another test and the doctor couldn’t find whatever would cause her to have a limited life expectancy so they now believe she’ll live a normal amount of time. Kaci just got a little confused when they Joel and Sarah were explaining. I’m sure Kaci and Grace understand Sophie’s disabilities and their parents have explained it too them as they got older. I also don’t think they would just let their kids find out about miscarrying from a video. They might’ve even known about the previous pregnancies before Sarah sadly miscarried. Or I suspect both patients were visibly upset over it and explained what had happened after, if the girls didn’t know Sarah was pregnant.
They’re definitely not perfect parents - I don’t think anyone who uses their kids for views is - but I really don’t think they’d do something like that.

Reactions: 8
I think they already knew she had a life expenctancy but thought it no longer applied to her anymore.

I can’t remember but I remember Grace being heartbroken in video and clearly distressed

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I can’t remember but I remember Grace being heartbroken in video and clearly distressed. I do think I do remember them saying “we’ve never told the girls this.”
I have a feeling they girls knew that she had a life expectancy. However the girls might not have been told about all of the tests that had to be done and the reason behind her life expectancy because in the video they said the doctors couldn't find 'it' anymore.

I think Kaci was confused when sarah mentioned life expectancy because she didn't realise that they thought she still had one

I still got the impression the girls had no
idea about that question beforehand and it was a bit of a shock and they shouldn’t have been put in that position for a video. I don’t know just my opinion. I mean Grace obviously consented if she could do at that age- was she 11 to that footage being shown but I hate seeing children upset and I hate people seeing me upset.

Reactions: 3
I am so happy for them!

After hearing about the two miscarriages and after everything they have gone through with Sophie, I think this is just what they need. A new little baby will do them all good and I can't wait until the two little girls find out, they are going to be so excited! 🥰

I think Kaci’s and Grace’s reaction to Sarah’s pregnancy was so genuine and sweet! They’re clearly happy to have a new sibling
And considering their age it’s not something to take for granted

I know many people who got siblings when they were 13/14 and didn’t take it very well

Reactions: 7
I think Kaci’s and Grace’s reaction to Sarah’s pregnancy was so genuine and sweet! They’re clearly happy to have a new sibling
And considering their age it’s not something to take for granted

I know many people who got siblings when they were 13/14 and didn’t take it very well
I think it will be lovely for them!

It will be interesting to see who the baby looks like because I feel like both Kaci and Sophie look like Joel and Grace and Chloe look like Sarah. Throwing a boy into the mix could also be very interesting! They have built there whole channel around Dad v Girls. I know nothing will change if they have a boy but I wonder if they will keep their original name if they have a boy.

Last edited:
I think it will be lovely for them!

It will be interesting to see who the baby looks like because I feel like both Kaci and Sophie look like Joel and Grace and Chloe look like Sarah. Throwing a boy into the mix could also be very interesting! They have built there whole channel around Dad v Girls. I know nothing will change if they have a boy but I wonder if they will keep their original name if they have a boy.
The girls’ personalities are also split pretty much 50/50! Grace and Sophie are more sweet and sensitive where Kaci and Chloe are chatty and sassy, wonder where baby 5 will fit!

Reactions: 10
The girls’ personalities are also split pretty much 50/50! Grace and Sophie are more sweet and sensitive where Kaci and Chloe are chatty and sassy, wonder where baby 5 will fit!
That's a good point actually. They really are split down the middle in both looks and personality traits! The next baby really is going to be a surprise. One thing I can guarantee though is that the new baby will be adorable. I remember Chloe was such a cute baby! I wonder if this will be the boy that Sarah wanted or another little girl.

Just came across this thread and thought I’d point something out. Every YouTube family gets hate for something but it seems like the only hate these guys get is their money. Personally I don’t mind seeing them spend money or wear designer clothes. Joel and sara came from working class backgrounds so of course if they can afford something they do. They also put money away for their children and are open about that. From a parents perspective, you’re gunna take all the money you can get to be able to give your kids the best you can. think they’re a pretty normal family aside from the money. Teens into what’s on trend, hyper fun little ones etc. I know there’s not much hate on them at the minute but I do think there’s way worse families that deserve much more criticism than this one

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.