Crisps and savoury snacks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking about crisps not tasting the same anymore I wish pot noodles still tasted like they did in the 80s they have had so much taken out of them they taste awful now and the sauce is really weak tasting despite the amount of water you put in them

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Talking about crisps not tasting the same anymore I wish pot noodles still tasted like they did in the 80s they have had so much taken out of them they taste awful now and the sauce is really weak tasting despite the amount of water you put in them
Yes! I always have to add extra soy sauce to make it taste of anything.

did anyone ever eat/enjoy the walkers deli garlic and herb pitta crisps? They were my favourites! Used to sell them everywhere, then only Waitrose, and haven’t seen them in a long time. Always had so much flavour and were already so crunchy!
1694122048667.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Can you remember a few years ago Walkers did a Brussel sprout flavour, I thought they were lovely TBH😊

Reactions: 4
Christmas pudding flavour will be one of those stupid ones that they know doesn't really taste like it but they'll sell loads to idiots like me that have to try it

• Haha
My perfect supper is a little pork pie, quartered, and a packet of Sainsbury’s ridge cut flame grilled steak crisps. Divine!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was hoping Walkers would bring back the Roast Potato crisps, they were delicious.
Can guarantee they'll be at least 4 different Pigs in Blankets out

Christmas pudding flavour will be one of those stupid ones that they know doesn't really taste like it but they'll sell loads to idiots like me that have to try it
Those sort of ones usually just taste similar to like Barbeque flavour.

Reactions: 1
I'm getting flashbacks to the year I thought it was a good idea to try the Tesco Mince Pie flavour ones, which were the most disgusting potato product I've ever put in my mouth.

Has Martin Lewis finished his salt and vinegar taste test thing yet? What won? If it's not the Co-Op Sea Salt and Chardonnay ones there's been a gross miscarriage of justice!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Crisp disappointment today folks...tried Lidl Deluxe Blue Stilton with Red Onion & Thyme crisps. They are hand cooked so have a lovely texture but disappointed with the flavour, which was barely anything

Has Martin Lewis finished his salt and vinegar taste test thing yet? What won? If it's not the Co-Op Sea Salt and Chardonnay ones there's been a gross miscarriage of justice!
[/QUOTE]

Hate to tell you, the Asda crisps won. Co-Op was 2nd

• Heart
Reactions: 2

[/QUOTE]
I have spent FAR too long studying that PDF!

No Asda near me but interesting to see the Sainsbury's came third in strength of s&v flavour - might have to try them...

• Haha

I have spent FAR too long studying that PDF!

No Asda near me but interesting to see the Sainsbury's came third in strength of s&v flavour - might have to try them...
[/QUOTE]

I find the strongest salt & vinegar crisps are golden wonder - I adore them on the side when eating a cheese & onion sandwich. The Disco salt & vinegar are tongue tingle too

Reactions: 2