Crisps and savoury snacks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a pickled onion Monster Munch flavour too. Won't that just taste like their preexisting pickled onion?

Reactions: 4
Dont recommend the wosit ones 🤮
I can't see that any of them wil be right since potato crisps are fundamentally not maize or corn

Surely the Pickled Onion Monster Munch one is just their standard (but rarely seen) pickled onion crisps in a different bag?

I'm an idiot though so I'll probably buy all three when I see them.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I can't see that any of them wil be right since potato crisps are fundamentally not maize or corn

Surely the Pickled Onion Monster Munch one is just their standard (but rarely seen) pickled onion crisps in a different bag?

I'm an idiot though so I'll probably buy all three when I see them.
I bought the monster munch ones and can confirm you are right, exactly like the walkers pickled onion (can you still get them?!)

I bought them from Iceland and they had all 3 flavours.

Smoky Bacon Walkers are now free of milk.

Does anyone know of a curry flavoured crisp that is sensational?
I've just finished some M&S chicken katsu curry ones and they were pretty good, but I'm not a curry crisp connoisseur, so don't have much to compare them to!

I don’t like normal crisps like walkers now. There are hardly any in the pack and they are too salty. I like lentil curls 💕

Reactions: 1
This is interesting. I do think most crisps don't taste nearly as nice as they used to, but I had put that down to my tastebuds getting older!

Not noticed with the bigger brands, but I have a bit with the cheaper ones. I remember years ago my nan¹ went off Walkers Ready Salted crisps when they changed the oil they used to cook them (to a supposedly less unhealthy one).

¹who died in 2008, so that's an idea of how long ago it was

Reactions: 1
I know the thread is mostly about crisps but as it says ‘savoury’ also I just came to shout my love for pork pies. I’ve had to stop buying packs of 6 pork and pickle pies because I could eat all 6 in one go 😭 melton mowbray, pork & apple and pork & stuffing pies get a special mention too 🥰

Reactions: 6
In my attempt to be a bit healthier I've found cutting out crisps is v.difficult. However, the Proper Chips lentil curls in barbecue flavour are a very tasty and crunchy alternative. If anyone's interested they're 66 cals a pack :)

Reactions: 4
This is interesting. I do think most crisps don't taste nearly as nice as they used to, but I had put that down to my tastebuds getting older!

I had noticed this too, but again thought that maybe my taste buds had changed or that I wasn’t correctly remembering how they tasted.
I also thought that maybe it was due to food needing to be “healthier” than when I was a kid, but can totally see it being a cost-saving measure and using lower-quality ingredients. I long for the taste of a 90s Frazzle - so much salt and bacon flavour you could barely taste the crisp. Now i’ll open a pack and most of them will be plain in comparison.
---
In my attempt to be a bit healthier I've found cutting out crisps is v.difficult. However, the Proper Chips lentil curls in barbecue flavour are a very tasty and crunchy alternative. If anyone's interested they're 66 cals a pack :)
Yessss love a lentil curl! Considering they’re healthy they’re so tasty. I like the sour cream and chive ones :love: the Aldi/Lidl ones are good too and are nice and cheap

• Heart