Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MadameFoner

Chatty Member
Love this thread and everyone's pics! I do a bit of everything...typical crafter really! I'm a very basic crocheter but have coveted a lady on Insta called debrosse_nyc, her book Modern Crochet is beautiful and I got it for Christmas. I'm self taught needle felting, its so therapeutic. Has anyone seen the ads on SM for Domestika courses? They have loads, just signed up and they've sent me a discount, 3 courses for €25. They have no expiration date and you can watch over and over. I'm thinking of doing Painting with Thread. Crafting keeps me sane......I can really relax, listen to a podcast and escape for hours! I want to learn to knit, I can do basic garter stitch but that's it!
Also has anyone ever checked out NanaIro patterns? They're beautiful. And there is an Australian publication called Peppermint, on they're website they have a ton of print your own sewing patterns on A4 paper at home for free, they give instructions on how to put them together. They just ask for a PayPal donation which I have as I downloaded a few! Sorry I'm rambling now!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

grumpycat

VIP Member
I love cross stitching! It’s so relaxing. 😃
I’ve just started! I’ve never been this way inclined but I have really enjoyed an afternoon on the sofa doing a cross stitch.
I’m thinking of trying some embroidery after I’ve gotten a little better 🤣

Reactions: 8

colouredlines

VIP Member
I'm a crafter! I've had a silhouette machine (similar to a cricut) for over 5 years but like somebody else said every bugger has one now! I mostly use it to vinyl designs on clothes for me and my partner. CBA with the drama that comes from selling anyhting from it!

I've just ordered an new ipad to get into procreate drawing. I don't know who I think i am. I want to make cute sticker/art designs but I can't draw for shit so it's going to be hilarously bad!
A friend of mine took up drawing and painting a couple of years ago. I kind of stupidly assumed that artistic talent was something you have or you don't, but holy shit, the difference from when she started to now is insane. She's come so far, and it's amazing to see the development.

I'd quite like to try my hand at pixel art, but there aren't enough hours in the day...

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I had some left over wall paper so I covered this shoe box using some spray glue to match the walls. Easy to do and costs nothing in these economic times, win! 😊
IMG_20240216_182153.jpg

• Heart

Aquamarina

Chatty Member
I’m a knitter, but haven’t knitted in a while. However, I was given a couple of cross stitch sets for my birthday last year. I might also knit something too, eventually. I’m probably not as talented as other members of the cabal, but I am going to make an effort to be more creative in 2021. Especially as we’re realistically likely to be in lockdown for a good while yet.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I try an do everything I can 😅 ive done crochet, resin, soap an candle making, needle felt, diamond art, an I have embroidery an cross stitch kits, an I've a ton of paints, pens an pencils 😅

I'd love to try needing punching as well, right now am building two little book nooks, a train one an a magical alleyway

• Heart

Aboveallelse

I'm a huge Drops fan too. Mostly because it's affordable on my budget. It's great value. I'm a big fan of all their cotton yarns. Currently Safran is a favourite to work with. My treat is a bit of scheepjes catona. Superb for amigurumi.. Here's. Something I made for my daughters play kitchen 😁

The sunburst granny square is so addictive! I made 4 blankets with that pattern last year 😂 It was hard to stop.
It's a classic!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I had a go at making a macrame plant hanger. Tried wikihow but couldn't get the hang(er) of it 🤭
So as usual, went off piste and tried to come up with something that I was happy with. Photo is second attempt.
Highly enjoyable. Just can't understand tutorials I'm just going to use visuals to help out when I try some other bits.
It's all about creativity after all! (y):D
IMG_20220917_131340.jpg

• Heart

HideTheHunter

I dabble in mostly everything but just now I'm trying collage art with a bit of journaling on there too. I cannot bring myself to put words onto an image for the life of me, so I'm trying to make myself merge the two things in the same page. Just to see what happens.

Vanelope

VIP Member
I have finished knitting my first adult garment (cardigan) have mainly been an accessories and kids knitter up to now and hate seaming - this was a top down long circular needle job from Mrs Moon and I very much enjoyed it, minimal sewing and she wasn’t picky about the number of stickers picked up for the button band so bonus.
Edit 🥕

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I have a cricut maker. Had it a few years but only really go into this year but it seems everyone has one now 😂 I do love it but I’m lacking the inspiration to make anything unique and fed up of putting names on things.

• Haha

TheStrawberryThief

I have decided to start on an 'ugly scrap' blanket. I have lots of smaller lengths of yarn that are to small to do anything with, and several half balls of yarn left from various things. I don't enjoy making small toys so I thought this would be best use for leftovers.

I have started by sorting out all my scraps, untangling them and joining the smaller ones to make a scrap ball. I have also unravelled some test swatches and failed projects.

• Heart

Moongirl69

VIP Member
I'm starting a Call the Midwife crochet blanket this week. I dont like the darker nights so I need to keep occupied. Crochet is ideal, peaceful and mindful 🧶

Heybooboo

VIP Member
Where did you learn? I’ve tried YouTube but couldn’t get my head around it 🙈🙈
I got this book, the step by step photos made it so much easier and I found it better to have it in front of me rather than watch something on YouTube so I could keep referring back. It shows you how to start, change rows, stop etc all step by step 🥰 also how to make simple things too.

Attachments

• Heart
These are all amazing but the bobble cardigan is 😍😍😍 I've been lusting after one pretty much the same on chicwish for at least a year which I've attached. Where was that pattern from please? I can do basic knitting (like straight lines haha, I make a great scarf of blanket) but my Nan is a pro so I'll maybe ask her for "help"
Lily Allen wears a similar amazing jumper on her book cover that I’ve never been able to locate, it’s similar to this! Although a lot of chic wish is just sourced from Ali express, you can find it for better than half price there!

I made this from a Rolife kit. Working on another of theirs at the moment, and enjoying it.

I crochet too, but forgot to take a picture of the last thing I did, which was a baby blanket for new nephew. Attic24 and BellaCoco are fab for anyone wanting to learn.

Look forward to seeing and hearing about everyone's makes ☺
View attachment 368156
I love these, they always come up in my Amazon recommended weirdly? They’re like crafty Lego!

Attachments

• Heart

veronica71

VIP Member
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has used wool and gang or we are knitters kits and think they are worth it for a pretty much complete beginner knitter? There’s a couple of lovely cardigan kits on both sites that I would like to try but they are very expensive! I have knitted in the past but not for about 10 years and never more than a scarf. I have also just taken up sewing so I’m not sure if I should get another hobby 😂 thank you!
I've not used them but it may be cheaper to buy a pattern and the wool seperately - you can then choose whatever range of wool meets your budget. Theres lots of patterns on Etsy and some free ones on Raverly or the Love crafts website.

And you can never have too many hobbies!!!

This is my progress so far at the ' As we go stripey'. I had a bit of a fail with the 'Catherine Wheel' section. I just couldn't get it right. It looked right but I somehow ended up with to many stitches, so when I went back to a more simple stitch on row below I could not get the numbers right again.

Anyway, after 3 days/5 hours of trying to get that bit right I gave up and removed it and did some rows on pretty colours instead. Then I got to the star stitch row and I didnt like how they looked, so I replaced them with Suzette stitche.

So the blanket isn't really following the pattern anymore, but I thought I will try and stick to it where I can, and stick to the principle of changing colour and stitch type each row

That looks lovely - love the colours <3

Squandaaaaa

Hey! General maker here I’m working my way to sewing all my own clothes. This evening is going to be spent unpicking some Winslow culottes that I have messed up the pockets and need to undo pretty much the whole thing to sort out the mess I have made!

• Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
My crochet is absolutely doing my head in at the moment so I had another go at some paper quilling. I still haven’t managed to work out how to avoid covering myself and the surrounding area in glue.
I saw something like this on Pinterest.
20240323_102435.jpeg

• Heart

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
I've always been good at crochet and avoided knitting but finally taught myself last year. Right now I am working on learning socks. I found this tutorial helpful from Winwick mum