Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PortiaControl

Chatty Member
I do a bit of crochet, I have a big blanket on the go that's not progressing as I have developed RSI but I'm doing bits of it once in a while. Due to the RSI I have just taken up embroidery and I think I've fallen in love with it, obviously, still a complete beginner. I can knit but only very basic and can't follow a pattern for the life of me.
I love a bit of embroidery! I can knit a bit but the patterns scare me 🤣 It's like another language.

Reactions: 1

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Need advice on prices, planning to sell

4 large Mickey's with 4 large Minnie's
The 3 flower set
The 6 flower set
The mini Mickey an Minnie set which is the two faces, little hands, letters, shorts an the names

They are rose scented wax melts an am honestly lost on what pricing should be, what would be a price you want to buy at?

Attachments

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Just keep at it. There’s no rush. Unless you’re like me and promise a baby blanket etc and I run out of time and crochet like mad for days. I find crocheting relaxing as long as I get into a rhythm. I’ve recently got into amigurumi and have to count the rows, I forget where I’m at and then want to give up. So frustrating. Your Disney blanket sounds interesting and I’m sure with patience you’ll end up with something beautiful.
Thanks, I honestly hope to get there one day, I'd love to give my neice one an have one myself, there's 100 squares in total an the magazine is weekly so not long till it's finished coming out, I'd love to try amigurumi but I worry I'd get frustrated with how small it is

Eurgh

VIP Member
I mean - we all hate Katie Kortman for being an utter nightmare but secretly like some of her designs yeah?

• Haha

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Does anyone make soap? If so, what do you use to keep them good if you sell them, am planning on making some batches but I don't know how long it will take for them to sell an I don't want them going bad

Islawight

Chatty Member
---
How do people keep themselves going with crafts? I got Disney crochet in the hopes it would inspire me to really get into it, am 90 magazines in an so far have done one square for my blanket 😖😅 I don't know why I can't just seem to get into it when I actually really want too

I also am finding it difficult to be comfortable with my hands if I crochet, I get cramps soon into it, am sorta of just holding the yarn with it going up an over my index finger, is there a better way?
I’ll always stick something on to watch like a documentary and before I know it I’ve crocheted loads. What kind of hook do you crochet with? I find the clover type hooks more comfortable than the plain metal ones. I did buy a ‘granny’ armchair with arms that I find helps by resting my elbows so it’s more wrist movement that I’m doing.

Last edited:

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
<whispers> do it! I don’t have a dedicated craft space, I just wing it!
jennifer Maker is great, unless you don’t want to buy one, in which case, don’t look her up! Please yell if I can offer any advice 🌺 Or enabling 🤣
I have space to store things and space to work, but they aren't in the same room and I don't know if I can be arsed lugging everything up and down stairs every time I want to make anything 🤣 I'll check her out... But I might have to hold you personally responsible if I get addicted 🤣🤣

• Haha

NitrousOxide

Chatty Member
Oh i love that - it looks perfect and the colours are my cup of tea.

I'm doing a crafy fayre on Sunday - have all my stuff made just pricing up. I struggle so much with wanting to get a decent price for the work I've put in but also just want to sell some stuff!!
I'm an artist and pricing is so difficult! Good luck with your fayre. ❤

• Heart

Zulkraa

VIP Member
I’m really into creative journaling at the moment and love the company “Note and Wish” they’re closed at the moment for maternity leave so I wondered if anyone had any good small companies I can support? I’m specifically after stickers, more specifically the clear PET stickers. Help a girl out!
There are also a lot of destashing groups on Facebook where people sell, buy and swap.

I’ve had a look at that site and they’ve got things want! 😍

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Also with crochet, I find some yarn is better than others for seeing your stitches, so if you are learning and trying to see the loops in the chains and stitches, then I recommend cotton yarn of a decent thickness, or a chunky acrylic one. Some of the natural wooly yarns are more difficult to see what you are doing, as a beginner.
thanks Emma.Like i said I had a mad moment of inspiration and thought of using the slightly bigger hook (than yarn called for ) I had and in a super light colour and it's much easier. I now have a several foot long chain lol. I will never actually use anything in creams and pinks etc cos i hate pale. pastelly colours but i's handy to get cheap wool to learn even if you end up trashing it quality wise.

I did ask at the group at work if i got bigger needles and bigger wool would it help and they were like NO..

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I really like all those cards they are making where they are layering the paper to create a vortex type look, does anyone know where you can get the patterns for them?

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I don't, but maybe look at the glue people use for making miniatures, as that would need to have a small nozzle and not be drippy ( although some glues are only for certain materials such as plastic so would have to check it was suitable for what you are making)
Are you meaning the models, I had looked at those ones but mostly all of them said they weren't any good for paper/cardboard which unfortunately a lot of the little miniature things are made off, the downside to the booknooks is it's a mixture of paper, cardboard, wood, plastic, metal so it's a struggle trying to find a glue that will cover it all that's also a tiny nozzle an isn't stringy 😫

Moongirl69

VIP Member
@TheStrawberryThief Bella Coco is ok but I'm more a fan of Blossom Crochet. She is on FB and YouTube. I prefer her tutorials.
I started knitting the baby blanket. Circular needles are a game changer!! I'm enjoying it on these dark nights.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Hi, not sure if this has been posted or not

Am looking to getting into embroidery but I'd like to do designs on clothes, I see a lot of people use this fabric type sheet with the design on it then once done put it in water to wash away the sheet

How an where do I get these? Is it a thing or are people drawing/printing designs onto these sheets? Thanks

Not sure if this counts / is absolutely insane, but I’ve been considering making my own kitchen cupboard handles using jesomite or coloured concrete…..?! We’ve got horrific knobs that aren’t a standard size so a nice 1:1 replacement isn’t possible without doing something to the doors, and I have major #reno fatigue now.

Has anyone worked with these materials?

RattleGirl

Does anyone do book folding? I did a long time ago a completely lost myself when I picked up a pattern lol wondered if anyone could help me