COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know anyone unvaccinated who has had covid twice, but I know many who are fully vaccinated who have then caught covid.
I do, she can’t be vaccinated due to her existing medical condition - she was in hospital both times

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Sorry didn't realise my year 9 English teacher was in the thread.
Are they? I didn’t think anyone’s identity was obvious given it’s an anonymous thread.

It was a genuine question but obviously you can’t answer it. Cool.

This thread has gone a bit nuts tonight.

If we lockdown it will be because of the gov not the unvaccinated. Your projecting your blame and hate on the wrong people and that is exactly what the government wants you to do.

Threatening to kill yourself if things don't go your way is a very unhealthy behaviour, often used to guilt or manipulate. Anyone doing that should seek counselling.

I don't actually think we will lockdown. I think this Omicron varient has been put forward to try and encourage more worldwide lockdowns. But I don't think we'll do it in England. I think Boris has decided on a different track and he won't let Omicron stop him.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Well since they’re making a point of mentioning Dubai ( numerous times) for some strange reason I’m just waiting on a pic of their dinner 🥘 🥴
You’ll be waiting a long time for that. They’ll be frantically scrolling the tagged pictures from atlantis the palm’s Instagram page.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Are they? I didn’t think anyone’s identity was obvious given it’s an anonymous thread.

It was a genuine question but obviously you can’t answer it. Cool.
It is clearly being used as an informal filler word. In this case I was estimating that this person had COVID about 4 times...I said like because that's how I would say it spoken out loud because I do not speak the Queen's English at all times.

Other example of this may?

"There were .... like 200 people at the concert"

"I had like 3 packets of crisps last night"

Make sense to you? Fairly commonly used in conversation in my circles.

Tbh there’s a lot of people pop up here under numerous accounts there was one pretended to be an ICU sister they then popped up under another alias after attacking a genuine healthcare worker for seeking support from her family they may be back again under another alias take everyone with a pinch of salt there’s a lot of bullshitters about.
Definitely not a bullshitter thanks. Can back up every single thing I’ve said

I see a lot of comments on here about people giving abuse to those who don’t want the vaccine but the abuse I’ve experienced tonight is completely and utterly vile. All I’ve done is share my experience and my thoughts

Also it’s perfectly possible to work in mental health and suffer from severe mental health and problems, one doesn’t cancel out the other

• Sad
It is clearly being used as an informal filler word. In this case I was estimating that this person had COVID about 4 times...I said like because that's how I would say it spoken out loud because I do not speak the Queen's English at all times.

So was it 4 times or not? Or do you not know. Sounds like you’re making stuff up. There’s been news reports on people catching it twice because it’s so rare to catch it more than once so for you to say you know someone who has caught it 4 times suggests it’s a lie.

Reactions: 5

You can’t get covid 4 times, especially in less than 2 years 🤡

Reactions: 6

I see a lot of comments on here about people giving abuse to those who don’t want the vaccine but the abuse I’ve experienced tonight is completely and utterly vile. All I’ve done is share my experience and my thoughts

Also it’s perfectly possible to work in mental health and suffer from severe mental health and problems, one doesn’t cancel out the other
How do you know this was aimed at you ? I was simply stating a fact to another user .

Reactions: 3
I do, she can’t be vaccinated due to her existing medical condition - she was in hospital both times
Hope they were OK? It's rare for the unvaccinated to get it twice she was very unlucky and if ok very lucky too

Reactions: 4

I am sorry you’ve received abuse, some comments have beem removed so not followed everything. You don’t have to explain or justify yourself. It is clear people will not agree on everything that is being said on this thread. No side is angelic and no one is holier than thou.

• Heart

Take yourself off tattle, you are projecting your mental health problems onto people that disagree with you on so many things that we feel very passionate about. I don’t know why you are doing it mabye for sympathy? But just stop.

Reactions: 12

Who has abused you?! What tripe. No one here has given anyone abuse. It’s a heated discussion.

Yes someone suffering mental illness can work, however someone who is actively having suicidal thoughts should not be treating those suffering with mental illness as they should seek urgent help for their own mental illness before trying to help someone else with theirs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Who has abused you?! What tripe. No one here has given anyone abuse. It’s a heated discussion.

Yes someone suffering mental illness can work, however someone actively is having suicidal thoughts should not be treating those suffering with mental illness as they should seek urgent help for their own mental illness before trying to help someone else with theirs.
She is off on her jolly’s in Dubai so don’t feel too bad for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hope they were OK? It's rare for the unvaccinated to get it twice she was very unlucky and if ok very lucky too
I know two people close to me that have had it twice. One has been left with long term health problems, the other hasn’t faired that much better. To make it worse they had other health issues which needed treatment/operations but because of Covid/lockdown/cancelled appointments, things got pushed back and they are now left needing more operations.

I know two people close to me that have had it twice. One has been left with long term health problems, the other hasn’t faired that much better. To make it worse they had other health issues which needed treatment/operations but because of Covid/lockdown/cancelled appointments, things got pushed back and they are now left needing more operations.
That’s horrible i hope they can go on to recover and make as comfortable a life they can.

Reactions: 1
Can I ask how old are you and how old are these 2 people you know? I genuinely don’t know anyone that has been really ill from covid and anyone that I speak to about it also say they don’t know anyone that’s died or been ill.

Reactions: 5
That’s horrible i hope they can go on to recover and make as comfortable a life they can.
Unfortunately because of all the delays it will not be the same had they been treated earlier on. It breaks my heart that so many millions are in this position and many worse off.

Can I ask how old are you and how old are these 2 people you know? I genuinely don’t know anyone that has been really ill from covid and anyone that I speak to about it also say they don’t know anyone that’s died or been ill.
Can I ask what relevance my age has or the people I know? I am not making it up. 🧐

Reactions: 1
My Dad had covid which he caught while in hospital. He was in hospital for another 11 days with covid and now has diabetes, which they say was induced by the covid. This sounds very rare which I’m glad about, think he was unlucky.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.