COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a genuine question - not snarky at all:

If the covid vaccine doesnt stop you from contracting covid or passing it on, and you need to have booster after booster for it to 'work'...what is the actual point in it?
So the reason I had it is because I’m often unwell and I don’t want to be in hospital or die. There is some likelihood that having the jab would lessen any medical consequences if I were to contract covid. The R rate where I live is 1+, so at the moment it seems like I could easily get covid. Once the R rate has reduced here I would not continue to get boosters though. I also think this is a personal decision about risk benefit ratio because there is obviously a chance you will get a blood clot or something from having the jab. It’s not an obvious medical win and I accept that.

Personally I think anyone who claims they have the jab to protect other people, or because it’s ‘for the good of us all’ is lying to themselves and everyone else. There seems to be no scientific evidence of this at all. I don’t want to end up in hospital and I’m a sickly person, that’s it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Again I am double jabbed and pro vax but I was thinking earlier how weird it is that so many people are pro vaccine passport. Having to keep showing your name and status everywhere you go - but when the gov suggested mandatory ID cards just for voting, there was outrage. Vaccine passports and even having the app you have to keep showing is the same thing really isn’t it? But people seem to find it much more palatable an idea 🤨
I think people are mistaken for thinking that if they were to have a vaccine passport then it would all be over with taking their 2 jabs, when in reality all it does is open up Pandora's box. Once the state has the right to your bodily autonomy, it very rarely stops with one thing. You're looking at the state having the right to sterilise, inject, abort, and do whatever else with your body. Not to mention whatever else they would use the vaxx passport for. It's an extremely slippery slope and it wouldn't end well for us mark my words.

Reactions: 17
Not sure what you’re getting at? I do give a tit if we are locked down, as I’ve just said it would quite literally make suicidal, and no that’s not an exaggeration. But if it’s because people are refusing the vaccine then ill be massively angry. I don’t wish to argue I’m just making my point.
you don't give a tit about me not wanting the vaccine and you would have them force me to have it so you don't have to lockdown.

I have no problem with us locking down again I have everything I need to get through it and over it I would rather we didnt as I know others who hated it.
I believe they are getting us prepared for it. or at least making us think we will be locked down again. Whatever they do it will not make any difference to the outcome, you giving up my rights won't make them give you more rights. That's going to be a big wake up to you and the others.

I will die before they vaccinate me <------- coming from a place of strength not weakness

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Just shows you how well the narrative works. Key example above, if we are locked down - it’s because of the selfish unvaxxed! You are putty in the governments hands,

No YOU are selfish for expecting people to have mandated medical intervention. It isn’t us who took your freedoms away, yet you are happy to take ours. Think about that for a moment will you.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
you don't give a tit about me not wanting the vaccine and you would have them force me to have it so you don't have to lockdown.

I have no problem with us locking down again I have everything I need to get through it and over it I would rather we didnt as I know others who hated it.
I believe they are getting us prepared for it. or at least making us think we will be locked down again. Whatever they do it will not make any difference to the outcome, you giving up my rights won't make them give you more rights. That's going to be a big wake up to you and the others.

I will die before they vaccinate me <------- coming from a place of strength not weakness

And I will kill myself if we lockdown. And that’s not being dramatic

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yet no sympathy for the mother that died because she ( in your eyes) did the right thing 👀
A close friend of my colleague died from the vaccine, so yes I have sympathy. Again as someone else mentioned I don’t have time to read and comment on every single post. My colleague still had her second vaccination and booster as she also trusts that what happened to her friend is incredibly rare. And if anyone is now going to to jump on me and quote ‘thousands of vaccine deaths’ I’m done and I won’t be responding. I’m in Dubai right now enjoying my allowed holiday

• Wow
Reactions: 1
A close friend of my colleague died from the vaccine, so yes I have sympathy. Again as someone else mentioned I don’t have time to read and comment on every single post. My colleague still had her second vaccination and booster as she also trusts that what happened to her friend is incredibly rare. And if anyone is now going to to jump on me and quote ‘thousands of vaccine deaths’ I’m done and I won’t be responding. I’m in Dubai right now enjoying my allowed holiday
You don’t owe anyone an explanation. You’re entitled to your views as much as anyone else.

Hope you have a lovely holiday!

• Heart
I’m in Dubai right now enjoying my allowed holiday
I was about to reply sympathising as lockdown took a horrible mental toll on me too as I couldn’t see my family for a really long time but the cognitive dissonance here is real. Covid is airborne and you’re more likely to be spreading it about mingling in another country, airports etc than someone who is unvaccinated and therefore can’t really go abroad yet. Absolutely bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It must be a great holiday if tattlings taking precedence…enjoy ⛱

Last edited:
  • Haha
So millions of people should lose body autonomy and be forcibly vaccinated so you don’t threaten to kill yourself? Listen to yourself. I have genuinely, and I truly mean this, never heard anything more selfish in my entire existence. There are few words choice enough to respond to what you’ve just said.

Im actually astounded and that takes a lot at this point.

I can promise you I as the filthy unwashed, am behaving far more responsibly than you lording it up in Dubai.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's your life to do as you please. I hope you don't do that, just as I hope we don't lockdown. You enjoy your holiday mingling with people who probably have the new variant while cussing people like me who defiantly don't 😉

Reactions: 14
So millions of people should lose body autonomy and be forcibly vaccinated so you don’t threaten to kill yourself? Listen to yourself. I have genuinely, and I truly mean this, never heard anything more selfish in my entire existence. There are few words choice enough to respond to what you’ve just said.

Im actually astounded and that takes a lot at this point.

I can promise you I as the filthy unwashed, am behaving far more responsibly than you lording it up in Dubai.
That was exactly my thoughts too…Selfish beyond words.

Reactions: 11
I was about to reply sympathising as lockdown took a horrible mental toll on me too as I couldn’t see my family for a really long time but the cognitive dissonance here is real. Covid is airborne and you’re more likely to be spreading it about mingling in another country, airports etc than someone who is unvaccinated and therefore can’t really go abroad yet. Absolutely bizarre.
I’ve had three vaccines and had to take a PCR 48 hours before I arrived and then again in the airport. Dubai doesn’t question vaccination status in any way. I’m also 5 months post covid so confident I’m not spreading anything

It must be a great holiday if tattlings taking precedence…enjoy ⛱
It’s late at night here, I’m having some down time. It’s definitely not taking precedence

• Heart
I’ve had three vaccines and had to take a PCR 48 hours before I arrived and then again in the airport. Dubai doesn’t question vaccination status in any way. I’m also 5 months post covid so confident I’m not spreading anything

It’s late at night here, I’m having some down time. It’s definitely not taking precedence
A test is like an MOT it only guarantees you for that moment in time, You have no idea who is infected and who isn't and you could be infected and going to bring it back with you.

A test is like an MOT it only guarantees you for that moment in time, You have no idea who is infected and who isn't and you could be infected and going to bring it back with you.
So my natural immunity isn’t good enough anymore? Funny how that’s always quoted as a reason not to have the vaccine…

I’m sure monga has never once used their phone on holiday.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.