COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’ve agreed our new measures now all they need is someone to enforce them.😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
A friend of mine works for the NHS and says 8 so far on her ward/department have handed in their notice at the hospital because of this forced vaccination coming into play.

It says it all really when everyone talking about the random deaths and side effects are censored online and in the press and them actual healthcare workers are quitting their careers after seeing what happens to people after getting jabbed.

My other friend got the vaccine and was in tears while doing so because she is a single mum and no way to pay bills otherwise without her job that has mandated the vax (also works for the NHS) she'd never get any other role that paid her the same.

Sad times are ahead of us I'm afraid.
My 20 year old daughter has just completed a health care apprenticeship with the NHS, she has worked for the last 12 months for £4 an hour (half of what she could earn working at McDonald's).

Yesterday she was told if she doesn't have her first vaccine by early February then she will be sacked, this is to allow enough time between the booster which would take you to fully vaccinated status in April. There are many people who she knows there that aren't having the vaccine including admin staff. Some areas of the NHS will be on it's absolute knees by spring unfortunately.

They are chronically understaffed already so I'm not sure how they will fill the roles when they can't get staffing levels right now!

She and us a family are absolutely pi$$ed off that she has given her all for the last year working 12 hour shifts to be let go in these circumstances. Just yesterday she was abused by a patient, cornered with a walking frame called a slag a c$nt and prodded. It's not an easy job but off she trots everyday never moaning about going to work.

From day one she has done bed baths, changed sheets when patients have lost control of themselves, washed patients when they have passed away, shown them dignity when they have needed help and now basically she has been told to duck off. I'm sorry for the swearing but good luck in finding replacement staff 👍

We have told her to get in as many shifts as possible over the next few weeks to bank a bit of money before she gets her P45 🙄

**edit** just to say she was going to be going on to do a nursing apprenticeship, you'd think she would be an ideal candidate even without a vaccine! I'm glad she hasn't given anymore effort them tbh, they don't deserve her!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
My 20 year old daughter has just completed a health care apprenticeship with the NHS, she has worked for the last 12 months for £4 an hour (half of what she could earn working at McDonald's).

Yesterday she was told if she doesn't have her first vaccine by early February then she will be sacked, this is to allow enough time between the booster which would take you to fully vaccinated status in April. There are many people who she knows there that aren't having the vaccine including admin staff. Some areas of the NHS will be on it's absolute knees by spring unfortunately.

They are chronically understaffed already so I'm not sure how they will fill the roles when they can't get staffing levels right now!

She and us a family are absolutely pi$$ed off that she has given her all for the last year working 12 hour shifts to be let go in these circumstances. Just yesterday she was abused by a patient, cornered with a walking frame called a hag a c$nt and prodded. It's not an easy job but off she trots everyday never moaning about going to work.

From day one she has done bed baths, changed sheets when patients have lost control of themselves, washed patients when they have passed away, shown them dignity when they have needed help and now basically she has been told to duck off. I'm sorry for the swearing but good luck in finding replacement staff 👍

We have told her to get in as many shifts as possible over the next few weeks to bank a bit of money before she gets her P45 🙄
Sorry to read your daughter has been through all that and now facing being let go, will she be looking at a new career option now? The way the NHS staff are being treated it makes me wonder how many people will choose this as a career path now? If I was just leaving school and looking to study nursing or medicine I would definitely not go ahead with it, I would choose a different career. What if there’s a new pandemic in 5/10 years time and they are all forced to take another trial vaccine to keep their job?

Reactions: 9
Sorry to read your daughter has been through all that and now facing being let go, will she be looking at a new career option now? The way the NHS staff are being treated it makes me wonder how many people will choose this as a career path now? If I was just leaving school and looking to study nursing or medicine I would definitely not go ahead with it, I would choose a different career. What if there’s a new pandemic in 5/10 years time and they are all forced to take another trial vaccine to keep their job?
Thanks, it's so frustrating. Yes she will be looking at other options, her younger sister will be going to college September 22 to do beauty therapy/hairdressing and I think they may enrol together. Fortunately she still lives at home as we were supporting her while she did her training so we will continue to do that. I do feel guilty as we encouraged her to take the apprenticeship, we knew it was a long game but we thought would be worth it in the end 😔

Reactions: 3
Of course it will be 'great unwashed' unvaccinated people getting the blame for the staffing shortages in the NHS rather then because what they are doing is inherently wrong. It's disgusting and good on your daughter for standing up for herself but what a shame she can't do the career she wanted to do. I can't help but think this is another way for the government to try and privatize the NHS.

Reactions: 16
Of course it will be 'great unwashed' unvaccinated people getting the blame for the staffing shortages in the NHS rather then because what they are doing is inherently wrong. It's disgusting and good on your daughter for standing up for herself but what a shame she can't do the career she wanted to do. I can't help but think this is another way for the government to try and privatize the NHS.
It is a shame, they don't mind her hanging around during the winter months though hey?!

We are so glad she didn't go straight into university. For what it's worth the staff - on her ward anyway, do not agree with it at all. I believe there is an agenda in all this.

Reactions: 14
It is a shame, they don't mind her hanging around during the winter months though hey?!

We are so glad she didn't go straight into university. For what it's worth the staff - on her ward anyway, do not agree with it at all. I believe there is an agenda in all this.
There is, that’s why they are giving them 3 months when it will be nearing spring, but will happily have unvaccinated work through winter. Doesn’t make sense

I truly don't understand why people are willing to jeopardise their careers over something so small as a vaccine.

I hate to say it, but I honestly think some of it's about stubborness. I think it's often a case of digging heels in and wanting to save face because they'd see it as having 'lost' if they take it now.

That said, I suppose maybe some aren't that committed to a particular career and were maybe considering changing anyway so this kind of helps them on their way.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I truly don't understand why people are willing to jeopardise their careers over something so small as a vaccine.

I hate to say it, but I honestly think some of it's about stubborness. I think it's often a case of digging heels in and wanting to save face because they'd see it as having 'lost' if they take it now.

That said, I suppose maybe some aren't that committed to a particular career and were maybe considering changing anyway so this kind of helps them on their way.
Are you familiar with 'freedom of choice?'

If you were then you would know that this goes against everything it stands for, it's not about losing OR winning is it?

• Heart
Reactions: 25

This vaccine is still in the trial period and will be until 2023. The manufacturer's hold absolutely no liability if anything happens to you. There in NO long term data to prove its safety and the short term data isn't good to say the least.

If a vaccine is to be mandated in any setting then it should be 100% safe and effective. This vaccine is neither. Therefore NO ONE should be forced into having it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Sturgeon is expected to announce in the next hour an extension to vaccine passports in Scotland, from the 6th I won’t be allowed to go to a cafe, restaurant or pub, even though there is NO evidence that they help covid cases. Not about a virus, it’s about control

• Angry
  • Sad
Are you familiar with 'freedom of choice?'

If you were then you would know that this goes against everything it stands for, it's not about losing OR winning is it?
I'm familiar with the concept obviously. But I can't understand the mindset of someone who really wants a career (especially in healthcare) thinking the vaccine is a bad thing and refusing to take it.

I could only understand it if vaccines were brand new and didn't exist before Covid. Then there'd understandably be a bit of trepidation about them. But this is just the latest in a long line of vaccines and most people have had at least one in their lives before.

I've had jabs for the flu, measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tetanus, etc etc etc. This is just another.

I haven't wanted to go to any country and required a vaccine for entry (e.g. yellow fever) but I would if I wanted to travel to said country.

I think I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that I'll never get the opposing stance.

Reactions: 4
To every single person who is pro mandate.

When everyone has been forcibly vaccinated, or imprisoned in their houses or camps - who will you blame then when COVID still hasn't gone anywhere?
When you are on jab 103, for virus 12 - will you still be so willing?
When you are ultimately forced to have 'health' intervention for something else that you don't want, because that's the standard now - will you finally understand?
When you are tracked and traced to an inch of your life - will freedom be a word you understand anymore?
When you are denied healthcare or essential services because there isn't enough staff and you aren't priority enough - who will you turn to, begging?

You may think it doesn't affect you now, but one day (probably sooner than you think) you will realise and on that day it will be too late.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm familiar with the concept obviously. But I can't understand the mindset of someone who really wants a career (especially in healthcare) thinking the vaccine is a bad thing and refusing to take it.

I could only understand it if vaccines were brand new and didn't exist before Covid. Then there'd understandably be a bit of trepidation about them. But this is just the latest in a long line of vaccines and most people have had at least one in their lives before.

I've had jabs for the flu, measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tetanus, etc etc etc. This is just another.

I haven't wanted to go to any country and required a vaccine for entry (e.g. yellow fever) but I would if I wanted to travel to said country.

I think I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that I'll never get the opposing stance.
Maybe if you've had covid and made a full recovery then why would you need a vaccine against it? And please don't say for others because when it comes down to it other people don't give two hoots about anyone else.

You're getting mixed up with refusing to take and chosen not to take. An informed decision has been made.

You've chosen to take it

We have chosen not to take it

It's simple really.

And by the way I don't care who's had it and who hasn’t, it's personal CHOICE

• Heart
Reactions: 18

You don’t have to get the opposing stance. It’s not really about for or against the vaccine. It’s about bodily autonomy, freedom to choose and the fact that coercion and blackmail is never the right way to obtain free and valid consent. Being ordered to get vaccinated or lose your job is not a free choice, it’s blackmail.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You don’t have to get the opposing stance. It’s not really about for or against the vaccine. It’s about bodily autonomy, freedom to choose and the fact that coercion and blackmail is never the right way to obtain free and valid consent. Being ordered to get vaccinated or lose your job is not a free choice, it’s blackmail.
Exactly this 👏

So hypothetically, would you get the vaccine if there was no "coercion and blackmail" ?

Reactions: 1
So hypothetically, would you get the vaccine if there was no "coercion and blackmail" ?
I wouldn't if I was in that scenario because I don't need it. I'm not in that scenario and I still don't need it.

The vaccine was available before it was mandated.

• Wow
Update - she backed down and didn’t impose them today 🙏🏼 I have a feeling she’s waiting for an announcement from Boris before she goes full on with the vax passes here, but let’s hope that day never comes.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.