COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update - she backed down and didn’t impose them today 🙏🏼 I have a feeling she’s waiting for an announcement from Boris before she goes full on with the vax passes here, but let’s hope that day never comes.
It's sad when you have to be grateful for small bleeping mercies. What a world.

Reactions: 11
With all these vax NHS mandates - how long till we get the headline

"Anti-vaxx NHS staff abandon patients and leave system on its knees - expected to cause 500k extra deaths this winter!"

Reactions: 7
I'm familiar with the concept obviously. But I can't understand the mindset of someone who really wants a career (especially in healthcare) thinking the vaccine is a bad thing and refusing to take it.

I could only understand it if vaccines were brand new and didn't exist before Covid. Then there'd understandably be a bit of trepidation about them. But this is just the latest in a long line of vaccines and most people have had at least one in their lives before.

I've had jabs for the flu, measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tetanus, etc etc etc. This is just another.

I haven't wanted to go to any country and required a vaccine for entry (e.g. yellow fever) but I would if I wanted to travel to said country.

I think I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that I'll never get the opposing stance.
There are people who've never had vaccines as an adult, I'm one of them. Some people are healthy and don't need something that's potentially harmful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I truly don't understand why people are willing to jeopardise their careers over something so small as a vaccine.

I hate to say it, but I honestly think some of it's about stubborness. I think it's often a case of digging heels in and wanting to save face because they'd see it as having 'lost' if they take it now.

That said, I suppose maybe some aren't that committed to a particular career and were maybe considering changing anyway so this kind of helps them on their way.
I should not really take the bait really but, my friend died one day after her vaccine as have many others. Go to the painful period after vaccine thread to read a few stories there of young women having problems. go look all over SM forums and groups for people having problems right now

Your repliy is snide and nasty The lady is 20 working for monkey nuts as do most carers I put a lot of years in caring for others and I would never take this vaccine to keep that job or any other job. Carers are treated like tit when its a job most could never do,

If I could wish for one thing for you, its that you get you as a carer when you need care in your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I truly don't understand why people are willing to jeopardise their careers over something so small as a vaccine.

I hate to say it, but I honestly think some of it's about stubborness. I think it's often a case of digging heels in and wanting to save face because they'd see it as having 'lost' if they take it now.

That said, I suppose maybe some aren't that committed to a particular career and were maybe considering changing anyway so this kind of helps them on their way.
This is taken from the website of NHS100k - and should give you an insight into what they are doing it all for...

ThisHill1.png

Who we are.

NHS100k.com brings together NHS, Care, and social work colleagues - including the more than 111,000 NHS staff who have exercised their basic human right of informed consent regarding a medical intervention, and have decided not yet to receive a vaccination against Covid-19 [Source].
The right to give (or decline to give) informed consent for a medical intervention is a fundamental human right. The principle of consent is an important part of medical ethics and international human rights law, and many of us as frontline clinicians afford our patients this basic right on a daily basis. This freedom should be extended to everybody, including NHS/Care/social work staff. It is important to remember that the Covid-19 jab does not prevent transmission [Source].
Whilst the reasons for an individuals' personal medical decision are irrelevant, some reasons include medical issues (such as anaphylaxis) or religious/ethical concerns.
Under international human rights laws, each individual has a right to give informed consent to any medical intervention, including vaccination.

NHS100k also unites colleagues across the NHS and wider care sectors to stand together in favour of bodily autonomy and freedom of choice. We stand against the mandate of any health intervention, including vaccination - instead favouring the individual to give informed consent for their own care. NHS100k.com consist of NHS staff (including non-clinical and non-frontline colleagues) and also extends across other services such as care workers and so on.

Each individual is responsible for their own care. It is important that individuals are allowed to give informed consent - free from any coercion. This basic human right is protected by international law.

Defining consent
For consent to be valid, it must be voluntary and informed, and the person consenting must have the capacity to make the decision.

The meaning of these terms are:
-voluntary: the decision to either consent or not to consent to treatment must be made by the person, and must not be influenced by pressure from medical staff, friends or family

-informed: the person must be given all of the information about what the treatment involves, including the benefits and risks, whether there are reasonable alternative treatments, and what will happen if treatment does not go ahead

-capacity: the person must be capable of giving consent, which means they understand the information given to them and can use it to make an informed decision If an adult has the capacity to make a voluntary and informed decision to consent to or refuse a particular treatment, their decision must be respected. This is still the case even if refusing treatment would result in their death, or the death of their unborn child.
Courtesy of NHS.uk - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/consent-to-treatment/

Government coercion
Given the definition above, it is clear to see that the government are removing your right to give informed consent to a medical intervention - instead intimidating and coercing you into receiving the jab. And on what basis? It is well documented that the Covid-19 Vaccine does not prevent transmission.[Source.]

Once you allow a government to mandate a medical intervention, you set a very dangerous precedent that is hard to come back from. If the government can coerce you into receiving a vaccination that does not prevent transmission and does not prevent infection, what else can they mandate?

We MUST stand up and be counted - the government do not have a right to remove your fundamental human right to give informed consent to a medical procedure

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Maybe if you've had covid and made a full recovery then why would you need a vaccine against it? And please don't say for others because when it comes down to it other people don't give two hoots about anyone else.

You're getting mixed up with refusing to take and chosen not to take. An informed decision has been made.

You've chosen to take it

We have chosen not to take it

It's simple really.

And by the way I don't care who's had it and who hasn’t, it's personal CHOICE
The same reason you need boosters; because immunity wanes over time. It'd be great if once you had covid or the vaccine youwere always immune forevermore but it doesn't work like that.

Reactions: 2
The same reason you need boosters; because immunity wanes over time. It'd be great if once you had covid or the vaccine youwere always immune forevermore but it doesn't work like that.
Get a booster if you want to, but shouldn’t that be a choice? Some people don’t care about catching covid or having ‘immuity’, me being one of them. I know a lot of people that have had it and I think the majority of people will say it was no worse than a cold, Iv probably had it and had 0 symptoms. Don’t you think it’s time to move on?

Reactions: 13
So why would I need a vaccine for something I can make a full recovery from?

Why does it bother you so much that people have chosen not to take it? It doesn't bother me in the slightest that people have had it.

I find the whole thing weird.

Reactions: 16

Why does it bother you so much that people have chosen not to take it? It doesn't bother me in the slightest that people have had it.

Yeah because people having the vaccine is no risk to you, so of course you're unconcerned.

If people don't have it, that could impact me, because they may well give it to me. If people not choosing to have the vaccine had zero impact on me, I wouldn't give a flying fig.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah because people having the vaccine is no risk to you, so of course you're unconcerned.

If people don't have it, that could impact me, because they may well give it to me. If people not choosing to have the vaccine had zero impact on me, I wouldn't give a flying fig.
You can still catch it and spread it as a vaccinated person.

Just like several of my friends have, my sister and brother in law and many of our customers who have had both vaccines.

All people whether vaccinated or not could potentially have an impact on you, this is the whole point.

Give me strength 🤦‍♀️

I'm immunosupressed by the way have been for about 5 years. I was told to shield as this all started. I've had covid in July and was knocked off my feet for week. The same as when I had flu at 18, still not having a vaccine for something I can easily recover from.

My sister who is also immunosupressed had both jabs and has been ill for over 4 weeks ending up with a chest infection.

Reactions: 13

The anti-vaccine movement as a global whole is made up of a lot of people who spread disinformation. The whole 5G microchip meme thing that happened, plus the actual very sinister "vaccines can cause autism" thing which is incredibly harmful to understanding of autistic people as a whole and general public health of serious vaccines for things like rubella and mumps.

You seem fairly informed about the thing but you do have to admit that the worldwide anti-vaccine movement is caught up with some terrible people and fairly terrible ideologies, based on conspiracy theories, bad science and bad statistics.

You can make a full recovery for any illness. I think what is scary about COVID is that you could be in that small percent of healthy people who get stuck with long-viral like symptoms or loss of taste/smell etc. things like that.

I still don't think you should be mandated to have this or lose your freedoms etc. but the vocal community of anti-vaccine people (of which I appreciate you may not be a part of) especially before COVID is up there with flat earthers in terms of perceived craziness.

Reactions: 5
You can still catch it and spread it as a vaccinated person.

Just like several of my friends have, my sister and brother in law and many of our customers who have had both vaccines.

All people whether vaccinated or not could potentially have an impact on you, this is the whole point.

Give me strength 🤦‍♀️
Some have this mantra in their head and no matter what new info is given they still go back to the old mantra. Bloody bizarre

Reactions: 9
Some have this mantra in their head and no matter what new info is given they still go back to the old mantra. Bloody bizarre
I've been catching up on this thread as it was in July/August I think when I was last on. It's taken me ages 🤣

@Ensay stated a thread or so back that the vaccine was to stop you catching and spreading, I couldn't quote though as it was locked!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

You're saying that strangers should care more about your health than their own. That's quite selfish.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've been catching up on this thread as it was in July/August I think when I was last on. It's taken me ages 🤣

@Ensay stated a thread or so back that the vaccine was to stop you catching and spreading, I couldn't quote though as it was locked!!
The vaccine does have a role in reducing transmission. Reduction in transmission > reduction of people catching it and passing it on.

I know people don’t agree/believe this.

Reactions: 4
People that say that the vaccines stop you spreading, catching and becoming ill from covid don’t even deserve a response anymore. Just let them live in that bubble.

You're saying that strangers should care more about your health than their own. That's quite selfish.
DC3E1BAF-974D-43E3-8A36-CAD44C88C6BE.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The anti-vaccine movement as a global whole is made up of a lot of people who spread disinformation. The whole 5G microchip meme thing that happened, plus the actual very sinister "vaccines can cause autism" thing which is incredibly harmful to understanding of autistic people as a whole and general public health of serious vaccines for things like rubella and mumps.

You seem fairly informed about the thing but you do have to admit that the worldwide anti-vaccine movement is caught up with some terrible people and fairly terrible ideologies, based on conspiracy theories, bad science and bad statistics.

You can make a full recovery for any illness. I think what is scary about COVID is that you could be in that small percent of healthy people who get stuck with long-viral like symptoms or loss of taste/smell etc. things like that.

I still don't think you should be mandated to have this or lose your freedoms etc. but the vocal community of anti-vaccine people (of which I appreciate you may not be a part of) especially before COVID is up there with flat earthers in terms of perceived craziness.
I am so not anti vax, my kids are all up to date with their childhood vaccines, I had an MMR in my 30s as it turned out my childhood vaccine hadn't created any immunity etc, etc and I was planning on more children.

As I've just stated I'm on biological drugs which I have been for about 5 years and I'm immunosupressed which put me into the shield category.

I contracted covid in July as did 4/5 in my household, I was in bed for a week and definitely had it worse than the others for a longer time frame. I had the 'actual' flu at 18 and would say it was on a par with that.

Apart from the meds I am relatively fit, I walk around 3 miles everyday, don't smoke or drink heavily and my weight is a stable average. There is absolutely no need for me to embark on a vaccination programme for the foreseeable future. I've made that decision for myself.

What I can't get my head around is taking away the rights of people's choice in the matter and sacking them!

Vaccinating young and healthy children, why?

I've still not got my smell back 100% but I still wouldn't have the vaccine to prevent that.

The vaccine does have a role in reducing transmission. Reduction in transmission > reduction of people catching it and passing it on.

I know people don’t agree/believe this.
Which subsides substantially as you come up for your booster.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.