COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hasn’t reduced it though, has it?
Deffo has. Look at the numbers this year vs last year. We're living in a free and open society in England now. Can do whatever we want. Last year we were in the midst of a depressing lockdown.

I am so not anti vax, my kids are all up to date with their childhood vaccines, I had an MMR in my 30s as it turned out my childhood vaccine hadn't created any immunity etc, etc and I was planning on more children.

As I've just stated I'm on biological drugs which I have been for about 5 years and I'm immunosupressed which put me into the shield category.

I contracted covid in July as did 4/5 in my household, I was in bed for a week and definitely had it worse than the others for a longer time frame. I had the 'actual' flu at 18 and would say it was on a par with that.

Apart from the meds I am relatively fit, I walk around 3 miles everyday, don't smoke or drink heavily and my weight is a stable average. There is absolutely no need for me to embark on a vaccination programme for the foreseeable future. I've made that decision for myself.

What I can't get my head around is taking away the rights of people's choice in the matter and sacking them!

Vaccinating young and healthy children, why?

I've still not got my smell back 100% but I still wouldn't have the vaccine to prevent that.
You sound like one of the smart ones. I think people should be vaccinated because it's just a smart thing to do but I think that we shouldn't be curtailing peoples freedoms and creating vaccine mandates. But also people do reserve the right to think you are silly if you don't go for a free vaccine I guess.

I think the reason why people have such a negative response to anti-vaccers is because they also tend to be rabidly anti-mask and are also associated with 5G conspiracies, people like Trump and other stuff. That's the image that comes into someone's head when you say "anti vaccer". Just as posters in this thread are calling pro-mask, pro-vaccine people sheep (see recent memes posted on this page lol), the tin foil hat type person will come into the head of anti-vaccine people because no one will discuss further their personal reasons for avoiding a vaccine.

Reactions: 2
Deffo has. Look at the numbers this year vs last year. We're living in a free and open society in England now. Can do whatever we want. Last year we were in the midst of a depressing lockdown.
The numbers will go down year after year, with or without a vaccine.

Reactions: 8
I really need to believe that even if most people believe in the vaccine, they don't believe in the mandates. But sadly if this thread is anything to go by, that isn't the case. I truly feel that one day, even those among you who feel this way will realise the implications of what you are saying. Unfortunately it won't be because you believe in human rights and someone's autonomy over their own bodies, but it will bite you in the arse personally when some other intervention is mandated that you don't want. I assure you, noone will care about your voice when that happens, you've ostracized the entire demographic of people who would understand and the government you trust so much won't be there to back your narrative then.

You may not give a rat's ass about this human right, but you have plenty others you can kiss goodbye to.

Reactions: 18
The vaccine has definitely reduced deaths and hospitalisations though.
There’s actually no proof of that it’s just what you believe, especially when the vaccinated can still catch and spread it and their are many vaccinated people in hospital with it.

Reactions: 10
There’s actually no proof of that it’s just what you believe, especially when the vaccinated can still catch and spread it and their are many vaccinated people in hospital with it.
Similarly there is no proof in your assertion that numbers would go down year on year regardless of the development and roll out of a vaccine.

Most hospital patients with COVID are from the unvaccinated also.

Lost me at that line to be honest.....
Just my opinion. Same as I think weed smokers are silly (why would you want to do that?), don't think it should be illegal though.

Reactions: 3
I really need to believe that even if most people believe in the vaccine, they don't believe in the mandates. But sadly if this thread is anything to go by, that isn't the case. I truly feel that one day, even those among you who feel this way will realise the implications of what you are saying. Unfortunately it won't be because you believe in human rights and someone's autonomy over their own bodies, but it will bite you in the arse personally when some other intervention is mandated that you don't want. I assure you, noone will care about your voice when that happens, you've ostracized the entire demographic of people who would understand and the government you trust so much won't be there to back your narrative then.

You may not give a rat's ass about this human right, but you have plenty others you can kiss goodbye to.
They’ll believe it when they can’t get their McDonald’s delivered because they need to get their BMI down for their health pass. Or when the petrol pump declines them fuel because they have travelled too much that month. At one point it will effect them and they will realise the damage they have caused all because they TrUsTeD tHe ScIeNcE

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Will the double jabbed no booster suddenly go to unvaccinated in the next few weeks?

I don't think the uptake will be that great to be honest.

Reactions: 4

You sound like one of the smart ones. I think people should be vaccinated because it's just a smart thing to do but I think that we shouldn't be curtailing peoples freedoms and creating vaccine mandates. But also people do reserve the right to think you are silly if you don't go for a free vaccine I guess.

I think the reason why people have such a negative response to anti-vaccers is because they also tend to be rabidly anti-mask and are also associated with 5G conspiracies, people like Trump and other stuff. That's the image that comes into someone's head when you say "anti vaccer". Just as posters in this thread are calling pro-mask, pro-vaccine people sheep (see recent memes posted on this page lol), the tin foil hat type person will come into the head of anti-vaccine people because no one will discuss further their personal reasons for avoiding a vaccine.
More MS mantras

Most people not having it are not antivax but anti this vax for themselves and their children. Keep telling yourself that everyone who refuses a FREE vaccine is rather silly.

Myself, yes I'm anti-vax and have been for a number of years now. I didn't just get up one morning and say duck it, I'm going to be antivax after my kids have all their vaccines I become antivax for a good reason. It's a shame that so many are dead and injured because people just blindly believed the science that is bought and paid for and laughed at the science that was trying to tell them the truth.

One good thing and one good thing only coming out with this vaccine BS more people are looking into all vaccines and realising this isn't new, what is happening now to people saying no to the covid vaccine has been happening for years to parents who have refused to give their child any more vaccines because one killed or injured their child

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They’ll believe it when they can’t get their McDonald’s delivered because they need to get their BMI down for their health pass. Or when the petrol pump declines them fuel because they have travelled too much that month. At one point it will effect them and they will realise the damage they have caused all because they TrUsTeD tHe ScIeNcE
I don't even think they will take any responsibility then. There will always be someone else to blame, god forbid they take any accountability.

Reactions: 5
More MS mantras

Most people not having it are not antivax but anti this vax for themselves and their children. Keep telling yourself that everyone who refuses a FREE vaccine is rather silly.

Myself, yes I'm anti-vax and have been for a number of years now. I didn't just get up one morning and say duck it, I'm going to be antivax after my kids have all their vaccines I become antivax for a good reason. It's a shame that so many are dead and injured because people just blindly believed the science that is bought and paid for and laughed at the science that was trying to tell them the truth.

One good thing and one good thing only coming out with this vaccine BS more people are looking into all vaccines and realising this isn't new, what is happening now to people saying no to the covid vaccine has been happening for years to parents who have refused to give their child any more vaccines because one killed or injured their child
You do you. It is clear at this point that we are not changing each others opinions. Good luck in your future.

On the contrary, vaccines have saved many from absolutely terrible diseases over the years. The false links between autism and vaccines I find absolutely disgusting and abhorrent and has set back understanding of a complex condition back decades.

For me the evidence speaks for itself. It's a shame you disagree but people are allowed their own opinions. I'm just glad that most people in the country have decided to get the vaccine and have only got few or minor side effects.

• Haha
Will the double jabbed no booster suddenly go to unvaccinated in the next few weeks?

I don't think the uptake will be that great to be honest.
I know a good few who have already decided that they won't have the boosters and these were very vocal about others having the vaccine.

I will never regret my decision not to get it, even if I got covid and they could not save me. I will still never regret saying no thank you but how many have we seen even on tattle saying they regret having it.. more than I can count

• Heart
Reactions: 11
For those interested go to this link and in the search box put comirnaty

I know those who already know will look but those who need to know will not even look and if they do they will not take it in. look at the numbers, click on each little arrow to see what kind it was.

Remember vaccine injuries etc only normally 1% are reported but apparently with covid more are reporting and it's now around 10%

Reactions: 3
Just seen someone post a letter from ALDI on Instagram. Staff have until 1st March 2022 to get vaccinated. If they fail to disclose their vaccine status they will be classed as unvaccinated. All unvaccinated staff will be sacked after 1st March 2022. Absolute madness!!
EDIT: it appears this is Australia. But will be interesting to see if this is carried out company wide

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
The word we need to use is REDUCE ✅ not STOP ❌ as we were never told the vaccine is 100% effective.
Exactly. I don't recall ever saying that the vaccine would eliminate transmission. And if I did, I certainly didn't mean to.

Like you say - they *reduce* the risk. And that's what this is all about. There are very few risks in life that you can eliminate, but there are many that you can take steps to reduce.

Just seen someone post a letter from ALDI on Instagram. Staff have until 1st March 2022 to get vaccinated. If they fail to disclose their vaccine status they will be classed as unvaccinated. All unvaccinated staff will be sacked after 1st March 2022. Absolute madness!!
I saw that the other day, but it's from Aldi in Australia.

Reactions: 1
If there is no proof that vaccine are reducing severe illness and death could the same be said for the VAERS data?

Reactions: 1
Talk about catastrophising!

I'm not sure why the government would want to limit the sale of fuel when you look at all the tax it brings in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.