COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The first one definitely felt like a proper lockdown. I remember walking in the middle of the road and it just being completely eerily quiet on a beautiful sunny day. It was like something from a film. All the others didn't do much apart from the end of the one last year which did seem to go on and on.

We'll probably never experience anything like the initial panic of the virus and start of lockdown in our lifetimes again.
Same impressions from me. Bearing in mind the clocks had gone forward and the weather was dry I was often the only person walking around one of my favourite local beauty spots during the early evenings. I wouldn’t see another person for almost an hour. It was a complete contrast during the second lockdown and actually busier than normal. In the past you could guarantee it would be one place to get away from everyone on a cold and wet winter afternoon or evening and last winter it was anything but!

Reactions: 7
The 1st lockdown everything bar supermarkets, pharmacies and DIY (which was click and collect and not from day 1 I seem to remember) was shut.

MCdonalds, Greggs etc were shut initially and reopened later in lockdown once they had got their head around covid protocols.

Very very few children also went to school during the first lockdown, especially those that were vulnerable they were encouraged to stay at home.

FFs at the time you were told you couldn’t sit on a bench in the park it was crazy.
Yeah the first lockdown was definitely 'proper'. The only time I drove anywhere outside my town was to take my Dad to his chemo sessions at the hospital. The roads were eerily quiet to the point that anytime I saw a car I'd be wondering "hmm what are you out for?" :D

Reactions: 12
Yeah the first lockdown was definitely 'proper'. The only time I drove anywhere outside my town was to take my Dad to his chemo sessions at the hospital. The roads were eerily quiet to the point that anytime I saw a car I'd be wondering "hmm what are you out for?" :D
Wasn’t it the first lockdown people were snitching on their neighbours for nipping out for a bar of chocolate 🍫 it was classed as non essential travel 😂

• Haha
With the police to the vaccination doctor? How compulsory vaccination could be enforced
The higher the number of infections increases, the louder the calls for mandatory vaccination in Germany.
But is that even legally possible? Yes, says the constitutional lawyer Pestalozza.
Those who do not want to be vaccinated could even be brought before the police.
Sven Christian Schulz
Sven Christian Schulz
|
11/16/2021, 12:00 a.m.

Activate updates

Remember article

advertisement
The impact of the fourth wave spurred the debate about a possible vaccination requirement in Germany. Union faction vice Katja Leikert (CDU) warned against waiting with the introduction of mandatory vaccinations. "It will be very expensive for the majority of those who have been vaccinated, for the health system, the economy and, above all, for our children," said the politician.
Even Green Party leader Katrin Goering-Eckardt said: "We will need a vaccination for cases nursing homes, at daycare centers et cetera. We will get this off the ground. ”However, nothing has been decided here yet. The SPD, Greens and FDP still want to discuss this in their coalition negotiations.

The pandemic and us
The new everyday life with Corona: In our newsletter we organize the news of the week, explain the science and give tips for life in a crisis - every Thursday.

By registering for the newsletter, I agree to the advertising agreement .
SUBSCRIBE TO
Subscribe with an RND account
Vaccination is mandatory in certain cases
In an interview with the RedaktionsNetzwerk Deutschland (RND), the Education and Science Union (GEW) again rejected compulsory vaccinations for certain professional groups. “The only way out of the pandemic is through a high vaccination quota for the entire population,” said chairwoman Maike Finnern. There is currently no general compulsory vaccination for the general population in Germany, except for measles vaccination for certain age groups.
VIDEO
Traffic light parties: No new school and retail closings

1:21 min

At this news, parents as well as shopkeepers will breathe a sigh of relief. Schools or retail should not be closed again nationwide. © dpa
But from a purely legal point of view, compulsory vaccination is even mandatory in certain cases, says constitutional lawyer Christian Pestalozza. "If the small relief measures to combat the pandemic are not enough, politicians are even constitutionally obliged to take stricter measures such as mandatory vaccination," he told the RND, referring to the fundamental right to health.

advertisement
If, in the first step, compulsory vaccination for certain occupational groups does not have the desired effect, it can be extended to the general population. This would affect around 15 million unvaccinated people in Germany.

Sanctions against those who do not want to vaccinate: Forced presentation by the police
However, it has not yet been determined when politicians can resort to mandatory vaccination as a last resort. Pestalozza therefore calls for legally established criteria on a medical basis so that all citizens can understand when a mandatory vaccination will be introduced. “The population must know what is coming and when.” Such a law could well end up before the Federal Constitutional Court. “But politicians must not sit back and relax in front of the Constitutional Court out of concern,” Pestalozza warns.
The lawyer Jochen Rozek from the University of Leipzig explains that a mandatory vaccination can be ordered by the Ministry of Health or the state governments. The example of measles vaccination shows that a violation could be punished with a fine of up to 2500 euros, he told the “ Leipziger Volkszeitung ” (LVZ). In the case of repeated violations, even up to 25,000 euros.
ON THE SUBJECT

Coronavirus RND exclusive pandemic Hospitals
"Health system is about to collapse": Health Minister Holetschek criticizes traffic light plans

Coronavirus Christian Drosten pandemic
“We are in a time of high incidence”: Christian Drosten warns politicians of false 3G hopes

Coronavirus RND exclusive pandemic
Free corona tests: The taxpayers' association calls for a quality offensive and tight controls
According to Hajo Zeeb from the Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology, 2G rules are no longer sufficient against the fourth wave. Much more vaccinations are needed. “From an epidemiological point of view, compulsory vaccination would be the right way,” he told the RND. But it is difficult to sanction those who refuse to do so, and a general vaccination requirement is therefore problematic. It is easier to have a job-related vaccination requirement, in which an employer uses unvaccinated people in other places.

Video preview image
FOCUS: Nadine Bader, ARD Berlin, on the discussion about the end of the epidemic emergency
11/17/2021, 11:56 am
Jurist Pestalozza believes that sanctions are possible, such as fines and, in the case of repeated violations, high penalties. As a last step, foreclosure must also be considered. “That means that someone is brought before the vaccinator by the police,” says Pestalozza. In a democracy, however, it shouldn't come to that. Rozek from the University of Leipzig also considers a forced screening to be “disproportionate”.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Wasn’t it the first lockdown people were snitching on their neighbours for nipping out for a bar of chocolate 🍫 it was classed as non essential travel 😂
Yeah some did. My neighbours broke the rules by swanning off to their second home repeatedly during the first lockdown. I didn't snitch on them, though it was tempting cause one of the family is a right arse. 😂

• Haha
I remember the memes. "How will the police know if I'm out for my first walk or my second??" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I remember in the first lockdown the news reports were saying things like “if there is ever a vaccine that can be made it could take years “ and how on average it took up to 15 years for one to be developed etc. It’s fascinating how it all evolved when you look back.

It’s unbelievable really. I remember someone likening it to the simpsons movie when the big dome was put over Springfield and they weren’t far off really when you think about it 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I remember in the first lockdown the news reports were saying things like “if there is ever a vaccine that can be made it could take years “ and how on average it took up to 15 years for one to be developed etc. It’s fascinating how it all evolved when you look back.

It’s unbelievable really. I remember someone likening it to the simpsons movie when the big dome was put over Springfield and they weren’t far off really when you think about it 😅
Pfizer have had the vaccine ready and waiting since 2019, they just had to wait the appropriate amount of time before announcing it was ready for distribution 😂

Reactions: 8
I used to watch under the dome TV series a Stephen King creation 😂

Reactions: 6
Non essential Easter egg purchases 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
3rd booster for 12-15 yr olds in Israel they haven’t even started vaccinating the younger kids and have already decided to give it them a second dose.2 shots are already waning in teens

Surely this is a joke at this rate they’ll be boosting monthly

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Most places opened for take out, so you could still go and have a drink, you just went and stood across the street with your beer in a plastic cup.

England had the most half hearted lockdown. There were so many exceptions and nothing was actually enforced. There was a handful of stories in the news about enforcement to tit people up and that was it.

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked no lockdown and I'm glad our gov never really implemented it. But I wish they had the balls to stick with their original herd immunity plan.

Oh yes, I was so happy we were going to go against the grain and go with herd immunity and then we didn't, I wonder why he changed his mind.

Im still confused.about your memories of the first lockdown I remember only shops that sold food were allowed to open absolutely no pubs, no restaurants, no takeaways that didn't deliver. Like @Warpaint said it was deserted everywhere.
When you went outside it felt like those end of the world films Our streets were full of wildlife coming out into the open. The deer here stayed on the village green normally they go when the village starts to wake up.

Driving anywhere was pure pleasure I remember the twats of digital spy crying because I took my car for a weekly run and said I was putting recovery services at risk That was when us CEV were not allowed out at all not even for walks or to the supermarkets. So I drove around for half-hour a week with all the windows open. thinking of my excuses should I be pulled over and ask for proof of my intentions hahaha

I live opposite the village pub and they were closed for a very long time, then allowed to open then closed again etc They were doing fruit and veg delivery to stay afloat then they started to do food deliveries, they spent £1000s on screens and other things the government said they had to do then shut down again. Thinking about it pubs and restaurants were given lists of instructions, given an opening date and then a few days later after they had restocked and spent so much they were shut again.

All the pubs and restaurants here were giving away all their food stocks as we went into the 1st lockdown I was running a covid help group where we were getting our volunteers to those who needed help,( those people were absolutely amazing) that food was much needed for those who were not allowed out and supermarkets had not got their act together. nor the government help teams. who were absolutely bleeping useless, it was an amazing time on that group, so many people pulling together helping those who could not get help.

Oops sorry got carried away memoirs of the great lockdown byPurrrrrrr 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Keep it respectful ev
Oh yes, I was so happy we were going to go against the grain and go with herd immunity and then we didn't, I wonder why he changed his mind
death rates, hospitals filling quicker than expected, no PPE or ventilators available…..

Herd immunity is a gamble at the best of times but stupidity and arrogance that soon into a pandemic

Reactions: 4
When are people gonna accept that the vaccines capabilities are limited. If they are still having rising infevtions in Israel where they high massively high vaccination rates, then clearly the vaccine can't stop contagion.

I think the vaccine has done a good job of stopping the older and more vulnerable people getting seriously ill. But it doesn't stop transmission. So jabbing kids and vaccine passports are just futile.

Oh yes, I was so happy we were going to go against the grain and go with herd immunity and then we didn't, I wonder why he changed his mind.
150k people died with lock down. The death toll would be much much higher. What do you think double or tirple those numbers creeping up to 1% of the population dying in a few months would have done to his political career?

When are people gonna accept that the vaccines capabilities are limited. If they are still having rising infevtions in Israel where they high massively high vaccination rates, then clearly the vaccine can't stop contagion.

I think the vaccine has done a good job of stopping the older and more vulnerable people getting seriously ill. But it doesn't stop transmission. So jabbing kids and vaccine passports are just futile.
All the places that have the highest uptake are the worst hit now. If you look into all vaccines you will see the same time and time again. Disease on the way out, vaccine comes in, disease comes back with renewed vigour

150k people died with lock down. The death toll would be much much higher. What do you think double or tirple those numbers creeping up to 1% of the population dying in a few months would have done to his political career?

Lockdown delayed people dying, stopped people all dying at the same time. stopped places being overwhelmed. it didn't save lives, because many died from things other than covid that they could not get treated for. So the overall deaths will -in the end -be higher due to lockdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15

Im still confused.about your memories of the first lockdown I remember only shops that sold food were allowed to open absolutely no pubs, no restaurants, no takeaways that didn't deliver. Like @Warpaint said it was deserted everywhere.
When you went outside it felt like those end of the world films Our streets were full of wildlife coming out into the open. The deer here stayed on the village green normally they go when the village starts to wake up.

Driving anywhere was pure pleasure I remember the twats of digital spy crying because I took my car for a weekly run and said I was putting recovery services at risk That was when us CEV were not allowed out at all not even for walks or to the supermarkets. So I drove around for half-hour a week with all the windows open. thinking of my excuses should I be pulled over and ask for proof of my intentions hahaha

I live opposite the village pub and they were closed for a very long time, then allowed to open then closed again etc They were doing fruit and veg delivery to stay afloat then they started to do food deliveries, they spent £1000s on screens and other things the government said they had to do then shut down again. Thinking about it pubs and restaurants were given lists of instructions, given an opening date and then a few days later after they had restocked and spent so much they were shut again.

All the pubs and restaurants here were giving away all their food stocks as we went into the 1st lockdown I was running a covid help group where we were getting our volunteers to those who needed help,( those people were absolutely amazing) that food was much needed for those who were not allowed out and supermarkets had not got their act together. nor the government help teams. who were absolutely bleeping useless, it was an amazing time on that group, so many people pulling together helping those who could not get help.

Oops sorry got carried away memoirs of the great lockdown byPurrrrrrr 😂
The range and the poundshop were open, so I could still take the kids for toys and arts and craft stuff. Diy were still open so we did some decorating.
I live next to a popular park and a wooded activity area. Both were busier than normal and they had to close the car park and put blockers on the roads to stop people driving to the woods.

Youre right the pubs and restaurants didn't start doing take out until later. And the playgrounds being shut in the first lockdown was over the top.

But even the first one just wasn't that strict, not like some other countries. My eldest still went to nursery, so did my nephew and several of my friends kids as they were all key workers, but the key workers list was massive. I went round my families house and went to the shops, I never wore a mask. It just never really felt like I was locked in my house or that other people were. Just that stuff was shut. From May we started going to the beach.

Reactions: 1
The range and the poundshop were open, so I could still take the kids for toys and arts and craft stuff. Diy were still open so we did some decorating.
I live next to a popular park and a wooded activity area. Both were busier than normal and they had to close the car park and put blockers on the roads to stop people driving to the woods.

Youre right the pubs and restaurants didn't start doing take out until later. And the playgrounds being shut in the first lockdown was over the top.

But even the first one just wasn't that strict, not like some other countries. My eldest still went to nursery, so did my nephew and several of my friends kids as they were all key workers, but the key workers list was massive. I went round my families house and went to the shops, I never wore a mask. It just never really felt like I was locked in my house or that other people were. Just that stuff was shut. From May we started going to the beach.
No we were not as strict as other places. DIY and garden centres were not open right away but I think they let them in the end to stop people going barmy. Everyone now has a super home and garden 😂

Yes I live in a pretty village that has many walking areas. bridal paths and the amount of cars we got here was ridiculous. they were blocking our roads and the bus and binmen could not get through. We get that on a Wednesday and Sunday as a rule, but it was all day every day during lockdown, only lasted a week or so as they realised they were in a more crowded place than if they were at their own local park

Reactions: 2
I’d love to know how they’re going to police face coverings 🙄 they’ll need to bring the brits back . Can’t wait to hear what other restrictions they’re going to implement saying as we already have the things they’re suggesting 🤔

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.