COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The first lockdown felt serious because everyone took it seriously. The virus was very unknown at that point so fair enough really.

The second lockdown barely felt like even a lockdown because it was in November which sucks any way.

It was the Christmas/January and beyond lockdown which was truly horrible.

Reactions: 12
In the first lockdown? No pubs restaurants etc were still open where I was and im not far from London?
In the first lockdown there wasnt even much take out opened where I'm from as well. Places took time to adapt so even some regular take aways shut for a while near me. I would have considered us to have at least one "proper" lockdown.

Reactions: 5
Even talking about lockdown brings back awful depressing memories for me. The first one was very hard because I had a 2 month old baby with colic and no help or support. My sister was living on her own with a baby and had a bit of a mental breakdown due to the isolation so if I wasn’t depressed I was worrying about her. My husband also became depressed, more so than me and is now on antidepressants. I’ll never forgive any of the lockdowns.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Exactly, in China they were supposedly sealing people in their houses and people were dropping dead in the street. But in the UK unless you worked in a health care setting you would have never known there was a pandemic if you didn't turn on the news.

But the fact we never really went into lockdown makes me feel quite confident that our gov won't implement the types of measures they are in mainland Europe.

We called it a lockdown but most people I know kids went to school and nursery. I went out everyday, loads of shops and eateries were still open for take out. In London the pubs were still open for business as usual but they served your drinks in plastic cups and made you stand outside. The essential workers list was massive and was basically everything except beauty and sport and entertainment.

They never even enforced work from home, the actual rule was work from home if you can. If was businesses that made the decision to close.
The first one definitely felt like a proper lockdown. I remember walking in the middle of the road and it just being completely eerily quiet on a beautiful sunny day. It was like something from a film. All the others didn't do much apart from the end of the one last year which did seem to go on and on.

We'll probably never experience anything like the initial panic of the virus and start of lockdown in our lifetimes again.

Reactions: 10
In the first lockdown? No pubs restaurants etc were still open where I was and im not far from London?
Most places opened for take out, so you could still go and have a drink, you just went and stood across the street with your beer in a plastic cup.

England had the most half hearted lockdown. There were so many exceptions and nothing was actually enforced. There was a handful of stories in the news about enforcement to tit people up and that was it.

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked no lockdown and I'm glad our gov never really implemented it. But I wish they had the balls to stick with their original herd immunity plan.

Reactions: 2
The other nations enforced the lockdowns fines and all, we've never done away with SD / masks since they were brought in they're still mandatory here.

The other nations enforced the lockdowns fines and all, we've never done away with SD / masks since they were brought in they're still mandatory here.
Do you see many people wearing them monga in your own day to day? I do think compliance has dropped a lot just from my own personal experience - about 50/50 wearing vs not wearing. I think people struggle to take some of the rules around them seriously i.e. wearing a mask to your table in a restaurant and to the bathroom but your grand to take it off sitting down even though tables aren't usually spaced that far apart.

Reactions: 3
The 1st lockdown everything bar supermarkets, pharmacies and DIY (which was click and collect and not from day 1 I seem to remember) was shut.

MCdonalds, Greggs etc were shut initially and reopened later in lockdown once they had got their head around covid protocols.

Very very few children also went to school during the first lockdown, especially those that were vulnerable they were encouraged to stay at home.

FFs at the time you were told you couldn’t sit on a bench in the park it was crazy.

Do you see many people wearing them monga in your own day to day? I do think compliance has dropped a lot just from my own personal experience - about 50/50 wearing vs not wearing. I think people struggle to take some of the rules around them seriously i.e. wearing a mask to your table in a restaurant and to the bathroom but your grand to take it off sitting down even though tables aren't usually spaced that far apart.
In shops and supermarkets there's a lot but entertainment places ,no .

The 1st lockdown everything bar supermarkets, pharmacies and DIY (which was click and collect and not from day 1 I seem to remember) was shut.

MCdonalds, Greggs etc were shut initially and reopened later in lockdown once they had got their head around covid protocols.

Very very few children also went to school during the first lockdown, especially those that were vulnerable they were encouraged to stay at home.

FFs at the time you were told you couldn’t sit on a bench in the park it was crazy.
We had a legal stay home order that only ended in April .

Reactions: 3
Most places opened for take out, so you could still go and have a drink, you just went and stood across the street with your beer in a plastic cup.

England had the most half hearted lockdown. There were so many exceptions and nothing was actually enforced. There was a handful of stories in the news about enforcement to tit people up and that was it.

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked no lockdown and I'm glad our gov never really implemented it. But I wish they had the balls to stick with their original herd immunity plan.
All the pubs near me were definitely closed until like June time.

You had to queue for the supermarkets also and they didn't let you in at certain times as they were reserved for NHS workers, vulnerable people etc.

Cinemas were also completely closed and most delivery places also closed at least for about 2-3 weeks whilst they sorted things out.

Reactions: 8

Fine or prison sentence for vaccine refusers in Austria

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow

I can't get my head around this. Pre vaccination it was largely older people needing ICU treatment for covid. You could see the stats and in the under 50 age group it was only a very small minority that were seriously ill from covid and they were largely people with existing health conditions.

But we're now supposed to believe that ICU are stuffed full or young healthy unvaccinated people. Covid didn't seem to be causing major issues for pregnant women, but when it became evident that pregnant women weren't getting the vax, were suddenly told ICUs are full of pregnant women.

I just don't believe it. The virus is suddenly dangerous to anyone unvaccinated rather than just those in the vulnerable groups.

Reactions: 19

I can't get my head around this. Pre vaccination it was largely older people needing ICU treatment for covid. You could see the stats and in the under 50 age group it was only a very small minority that were seriously ill from covid and they were largely people with existing health conditions.

But we're now supposed to believe that ICU are stuffed full or young healthy unvaccinated people. Covid didn't seem to be causing major issues for pregnant women, but when it became evident that pregnant women weren't getting the vax, were suddenly told ICUs are full of pregnant women.

I just don't believe it. The virus is suddenly dangerous to anyone unvaccinated rather than just those in the vulnerable groups.
Don’t believe anything that’s printed by the Guardian. They are heavily funded by the Bill and Melinda gates foundation. I had recently read that they would be running at a loss without funding from them. Bought and paid for.
6D0780B1-FBF8-4104-B554-56D206B709B7.jpeg

• Wow
Don’t believe anything that’s printed by the Guardian. They are heavily funded by the Bill and Melinda gates foundation. I had recently read that they would be running at a loss without funding from them. Bought and paid for.
View attachment 880243
Do you reckon anyone Bill and Mel are involved with could be “legit”? I asked about WEF but got no responses, but I’m genuinely curious about people involved with them i.e. they gave them a leg up somewhere down the line.

Reactions: 1
Do you reckon anyone Bill and Mel are involved with could be “legit”? I asked about WEF but got no responses, but I’m genuinely curious about people involved with them i.e. they gave them a leg up somewhere down the line.
What do you mean by legit? Is there anyone you are talking about in particular?

Reactions: 1

A friend went into ICU with covid whilst pregnant. She’s still there and baby delivered after she was put in a coma.
It’s been a few weeks now :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
What do you mean by legit? Is there anyone you are talking about in particular?
I’ve been to seminars with people who seem like they care about grassroots stuff and they praise their backing and vision from those two and it kind of makes me question their authenticity.

I’ve been to seminars with people who seem like they care about grassroots stuff and they praise their backing and vision from those two and it kind of makes me question their authenticity.
There will be people that believe that they are genuinely great people and do things for good causes but they ‘fund’ a lot of the media and tech companies, so you are going to struggle to find public figures who will speak badly of them. His father is a known eugenicist and Bill Gates has made some comments in the past about population control and vaccines that would send a shiver up your spine.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.