COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The chicken pox thing isn't great though as the virus can remain dormant in the body and cause chicken pox as an adult. Chicken pox isn't too bad for most children, (can be very dangerous in pregnancy though) but shingles is horrible, it can be extremely painful, and can leave some people with severe chronic pain. I've had shingles and it was horrible, my gran had it and she was in severe pain with it for months, thankfully it did improve but some people are left in permanent pain. I'd 100000% rather have my child vaccinated against chickenpox to prevent shingles in adulthood. There is a shingles vaccine for adults, but it would be much better to never get chicken pox in the first place.
The nhs don’t offer the chicken pox vaccination for all children in the U.K., only those with who are particularly vulnerable to chicken pox or the complications. Most children fair well with chicken pox and get natural immunity which actually helps adults with shingles because it keeps a herd immunity going. You can pay to have it done privately but I don’t see the benefit of it for my children.

Reactions: 4
Can’t remember if this has been discussed here but since the covid vaccine is a very new vaccine (around 1 year old) and we obviously have no long term data, is anyone that’s getting a booster worried that there could be any bad side effects? Even if they have done clinical trials on having the 3 doses surely there hasn’t been enough time to see any possible side effects this can have? And then there will be a fourth soon after that? Are people really happy basically being a scientific experiment?

Reactions: 13
I don't think I'll bother with a 4th. 3 in a year is more than enough.

Reactions: 7
Well I'm certainly worried .I don't go in much for any medications only the ones that i've no option but to take ,especially as the booster is a different vaccine to the ones I've had previously my nerves are wrecked thinking about it .

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Can’t remember if this has been discussed here but since the covid vaccine is a very new vaccine (around 1 year old) and we obviously have no long term data, is anyone that’s getting a booster worried that there could be any bad side effects? Even if they have done clinical trials on having the 3 doses surely there hasn’t been enough time to see any possible side effects this can have? And then there will be a fourth soon after that? Are people really happy basically being a scientific experiment?
I personally don’t have any concerns about side effects from boosters and I don’t see it as I am part of a scientific experiment.

Of course I know you feel differently but thought I’d answer since you asked.

Reactions: 8
The French are against vaccinating young children too.
73E5D1FE-D12C-4D46-BE37-74ABE46800B8.jpeg

Don’t see why this failing should take precedence over the other failings a public enquiry needs to take everything into account for those families that were let down by the system.
23939033-44CC-4026-B025-1763B6E03CEF.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Stopping people on the streets and demanding ‘papers please!’ And then throwing them in a van and giving hefty fines or jail sentences if they break the law.
Yes this is 2021 we are talking about not 1940s Germany.
Given that the police cannot even be bothered to investigate car windows getting smashed I doubt they have the resources for this.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Given that the police cannot even be bothered to investigate car windows getting smashed I doubt they have the resources for this.
I think she meant the Austrian gov approach ,it would be the military they would call on for those matters it's not really a police role to enforce restrictions it's the militaries job to restore law and order police deal with crime .

Reactions: 2
I think she meant the Austrian gov approach ,it would be the military they would call on for those matters it's not really a police role to enforce restrictions it's the militaries job to restore law and order police deal with crime .
I am still unconvinced. I was a non essential worker in the height of lockdown 1 driving to work and never got stopped at all.

I am still unconvinced. I was a non essential worker in the height of lockdown 1 driving to work and never got stopped at all.
I'm not sure about England but they were stopping where I am my husband had to carry proof from his employer to say he was a key worker there were also many fines handed out for non essential travel it depends where in the uk you live.

Reactions: 2
I've had one jab, back in March, the AZ. Opted not to have any more as I realised that point that this would be an ongoing thing and I had no interest in signing up for the boosters. I was bugged with calls and messages for a few weeks after my second jab was due, but they eventually left me alone. Fast forward to this week and I tested positive on Wednesday. Just received a phone call from the health authority wanting to book me in for my second jab.

"Well I've got Covid at the moment so no thanks"
"It's not about that though, it's important that you get your second jab".
"Well I've just got myself at least 6 months of natural immunity so I don't see the point"
"So are you declining the jab or are you just undecided?"
"I'm declining the jab"
"Shall we ring you again in two weeks?"

😖😖😖
Re that employee from the health authority’s line - “it’s not about that though, it's important that you get your second jab". Do we think that‘s some asinine call handling “technique” they’ve been instructed to come out with?
I’m so glad that I haven’t been pestered like that. I’d struggle to be polite.
Get well soon by the way.

• Heart
The chicken pox thing isn't great though as the virus can remain dormant in the body and cause shingles as an adult. Chicken pox isn't too bad for most children, (can be very dangerous in pregnancy though) but shingles is horrible, it can be extremely painful, and can leave some people with severe chronic pain. I've had shingles and it was horrible, my gran had it and she was in severe pain with it for months, thankfully it did improve but some people are left in permanent pain. I'd 100000% rather have my child vaccinated against chickenpox to prevent shingles in adulthood. There is a shingles vaccine for adults, but it would be much better to never get chicken pox in the first place.

Hmmmm USA vaccinates kids against chickenpox and has a huge problem with kids with shingles! In fact, the USA has a huge shingle problem, some people even getting it every couple of years.

Reactions: 3
I personally don’t have any concerns about side effects from boosters and I don’t see it as I am part of a scientific experiment.

Any reason why you aren’t worried about side effects though because there hasn’t been enough time to see if there will be any risk to having so many shots in so little time. Iv already seen people online saying they feel awful after the booster and some complaining of chest pains.
I’m sure you’ve said that you had no side effects from the 2 but if you have a bad reaction from the booster will you still be happy to have a fourth, potentially 4 shots in a year? Again, with no long term data on the effects this can have on your body.

Reactions: 8

I find this interesting, especially being as you watched the FDA booster approval video and heard experts saying that couldn’t recommend the booster shoots. I am not attacking, just really curious about why you are so comfortable with it…….

Any reason why you aren’t worried about side effects though because there hasn’t been enough time to see if there will be any risk to having so many shots in so little time. Iv already seen people online saying they feel awful after the booster and some complaining of chest pains.
I’m sure you’ve said that you had no side effects from the 2 but if you have a bad reaction from the booster will you still be happy to have a fourth, potentially 4 shots in a year? Again, with no long term data on the effects this can have on your body.
I don't understand how almost everyone I know who I speak to who has had the vaccines have had medical problems and yet those here who are 100% for them don't seem to have any problems or know anyone with any problems. I am pretty sure they are passing things off as pure coincidence because when the vaccine first came out plenty felt rough after and said "I'm sure it's just a coincidence, and nothing to do with the vaccine"

Reactions: 9
Not concerned in the slightest. The vaccine technologies have been studied for years without issue. Historically, side effects of vaccines show up within 2 months or not at all.

I am very concerned about the unknown long term effects of covid, however.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The nhs don’t offer the chicken pox vaccination for all children in the U.K., only those with who are particularly vulnerable to chicken pox or the complications. Most children fair well with chicken pox and get natural immunity which actually helps adults with shingles because it keeps a herd immunity going. You can pay to have it done privately but I don’t see the benefit of it for my children.
You can't get shingles unless you've had the chickenpox so I don't think it helps with herd immunity at all.

You can't get shingles unless you've had the chickenpox so I don't think it helps with herd immunity at all.
It helps because it keeps the virus at bay in the first place as it’s not transmitting as much so adults are less likely to pick it up

As I have before I trust the science and research behind the vaccines. This is just how I feel and there are many who feel the same and there are many who don’t.

I find this interesting, especially being as you watched the FDA booster approval video and heard experts saying that couldn’t recommend the booster shoots. I am not attacking, just really curious about why you are so comfortable with it…….
That was a handful of people not recommending it. There are a lot more professionals who are recommending it and taking it themselves. I‘ve spoken at length as to why I am comfortable with it.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.