COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has there ever been constant boosters used as a means of keeping society moving before ? we know over use of anti virals can lead to resistance just like antibiotics so I wouldn't be too confident in saying we don't need to worry about longterm damage just yet no matter how long the tech has been around , abuse something for long enough there's always repercussions imo.
Is the flu jab not the same? Or tetanus booster (although isn’t that 10 years?)

Reactions: 4
Iv seen photos from Austria of long queues at the airports and bus stations. I would do the exact same.
Strangely enough, I have family who did the same from the same place just before WW2. I know we are not supposed to compare but if you know your history then you know its absolutely comparable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Strangely enough, I have family who did the same from the same place just before WW2. I know we are not supposed to compare but if you know your history then you know its absolutely comparable.
History tends to repeat itself and what is happening now is comparable to what happened before ww2, just replace the word antivaxxer with Jew. I’m sure the nazis thought they were doing something for ‘the greater good’ at the time too.

Reactions: 9
Who's going to refuse the jab still if it becomes compulsory in the UK? 🙋‍♀️ :m
Yes and I'm refusing for my children, not for me. If we keep complying it'll be our children who suffer. Can you imagine offering up your children for injections every 6 months for something they are at absolutely no risk from just so they can function in society!!? It should horrify and disgust everyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes and I'm refusing for my children, not for me. If we keep complying it'll be our children who suffer. Can you imagine offering up your children for injections every 6 months for something they are at absolutely no risk from just so they can function in society!!? It should horrify and disgust everyone!
Not everyone is no risk though - some children have health conditions that put them at a higher risk.

Mine don’tand have had it asymptomatically so I personally don’t see the value for my own children, but I can understand whilst others see the need.

That’s once a year though and not everyone needs to have it to partake in society.
No one knows that it maybe once a year going forward? It might be 5 😂

Reactions: 2
Bit of advice needed, I am at nearly 8 months post my 2nd vaccine, i am under 40, I got my vaccines early due to my employment at the time - I no longer do that job.

My GP has refused to book me a vaccination as I am not in any of the cohorts, I am trying to explain that irrelevant of cohorts I am way beyond my 182 days and that I feel that I have very little protection against the virus. Do you think a walk in centre will vaccinate me?

Not everyone is no risk though - some children have health conditions that put them at a higher risk.

Mine don’tand have had it asymptomatically so I personally don’t see the value for my own children, but I can understand whilst others see the need.
Yes but I'm referring to vaccine passports not the vaccine itself. We're going down a road where we will be required to have boosters every 6 months and this will include children. I'm not comfortable offering up my children to be injected every 6 months just so they can have their god given "freedoms" granted by the state.

Reactions: 8
Bit of advice needed, I am at nearly 8 months post my 2nd vaccine, i am under 40, I got my vaccines early due to my employment at the time - I no longer do that job.

My GP has refused to book me a vaccination as I am not in any of the cohorts, I am trying to explain that irrelevant of cohorts I am way beyond my 182 days and that I feel that I have very little protection against the virus. Do you think a walk in centre will vaccinate me?
No because you don’t fit the age criteria

May not even get to six month interval in Ireland

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
94% uptake on the covid vaccines and Ireland are in the shits 😐

closing pubs and nightclubs at 12 instead of 2am is such a random decision,
But covid passports for public transport, Christmas inspired “outfits” are now being sold with masks.
With masks. Not belts, masks!! Morning tv segment; “This comes complete with matching mask….”

I feel like we’ve entered some weird twilight zone,
Thank duck we can always rely on that one thing that never changes…

Don’t fight each other 🙂 grab a figgy roll, it’s Friday
CE9F4500-3186-4A3F-AC5D-38087F726266.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9

once you become eligible for the booster, you will be entiled to it

gaps between 2nd jab and booster jab are irrelvant as nhs staff had their second ones jan-march and they are getting the boosters now

No one knows that it maybe once a year going forward? It might be 5 😂
They’ll be controlling it until it’s endemic that could be next century 😂

Reactions: 1
Why do people say they feel wiped out with covid and have never felt this bad ever? Yet still can post don forums, social media etc. Usually when you have the flu or cold you feel exactly the same? Or have people forgot there’s no other illnesses now apart from COVID?

Reactions: 11

But covid passports for public transport, Christmas inspired “outfits” are now being sold with masks.
With masks. Not belts, masks!! Morning tv segment; “This comes complete with matching mask….”

View attachment 875592
Leo’s blaming the 5% unvaccinated…that’s a proper figgy with the grooves 😂 they don’t make them like they used to 😋 some of the nightclubs are opening at 6pm you canny keep a good man down 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 5

View attachment 875592
I'm making olive bread that we can all munch on this weekend. 😋

The funny thing is, if they stopped reporting on covid, most people would have no idea anything was different. The only people that would notice a difference is those that have connections to hospitals and care homes, either through work or family.

In the winter of 2017 a virus went round that gave loads of babies and toddlers broncolitius. Many ended up in hospital, some died. I had a vulnerable child and we pretty much lived in the hospital that winter. every children's ward was rammed with little kids with respiratory infevtions. Many other families I knew has had to take their babies in. But unless you had a child in that age group, you'd have never known anything went on.

Reactions: 11
Why do people say they feel wiped out with covid and have never felt this bad ever? Yet still can post don forums, social media etc. Usually when you have the flu or cold you feel exactly the same? Or have people forgot there’s no other illnesses now apart from COVID?
I take what these people say with a pinch of salt because they are the ones that have an agenda to push. Pretty much my entire workplace caught covid in May (I was off on maternity leave) and everyone was writing in the WhatsApp group chat that they felt absolutely fine and there was just one woman (very pro vax) saying she felt like she was dying, funny that 🤔

I take what these people say with a pinch of salt because they are the ones that have an agenda to push. Pretty much my entire workplace caught covid in May (I was off on maternity leave) and everyone was writing in the WhatsApp group chat that they felt absolutely fine and there was just one woman (very pro vax) saying she felt like she was dying, funny that 🤔
or when people say they felt hurredous with covid and are double jabbed but if they weren’t double jabbed they know they would be in hospital? So the jab saved them! haha😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Leo’s blaming the 5% unvaccinated…that’s a proper figgy with the grooves 😂 they don’t make them like they used to 😋 some of the nightclubs are opening at 6pm you canny keep a good man down 😜
DON’T SAY THE WORD!! It apparently sets off an awful reaction,
I shouldn’t have gone there I just 😂😂 I can’t at times…

Voldemort confectionery items aside. 😐

94% uptake. “Nearly” 50% in ICU are unvaccinated “or require boosters” 😐

so we’re now throwing in the boosters, because people don’t want them here and they know it.
gonna be a long winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.