COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You are the one who brought up charging, I just commented on your hypothetical scenario.

yes the different brands may be slightly different but generally speaking if someone gets 3 covid vaccines they’re all the same they aren’t tweaked for different variants of covid, they are the same vaccine whereas the flu vaccines are tweaked each time for combating different strains of flu.
Well, I didn't actually, it was EmilyChambers. I, too, commented on her hypothetical scenario.

But yes, it's possible to have all three jabs the same, as each one stimulates your immune system to protect itself against the virus.

I understand they're doing research and trials into future covid vaccines being used against different strains which would make sense. I think someone who posted here has been part of trials, hopefully they'll clarify.

Reactions: 1
There’s a child in my daughters class at school whose mum has tested positive (she’s triple vaccinated) she won’t test her children because they aren’t symptomatic but has sent her kids into school mixing with everyone else and no one else has been informed only those who know have heard in the playground at pick up because someone asked her husband was she ok as normally she does pick ups and drop offs but he’d been doing them for the past week. So in theory her kids could be carriers and spreaders. I’ve no desire to test my children anyway I think it’s good if they do get it to build up natural immunity so I’m not bothered but a lot of people are shook over it. It’s almost like they don’t trust their vaccine 😕

Reactions: 3
There’s a child in my daughters class at school whose mum has tested positive (she’s triple vaccinated) she won’t test her children because they aren’t symptomatic but has sent her kids into school mixing with everyone else and no one else has been informed only those who know have heard in the playground at pick up because someone asked her husband was she ok as normally she does pick ups and drop offs but he’d been doing them for the past week. So in theory her kids could be carriers and spreaders. I’ve no desire to test my children anyway I think it’s good if they do get it to build up natural immunity so I’m not bothered but a lot of people are shook over it. It’s almost like they don’t trust their vaccine 😕
honestly, I’d say most parents will do this 😂 I would 😂
I know someone who has 😬

Reactions: 2
To be fair, you're meant to get a PCR test if you've been in contact with someone who's tested positive when you're double jabbed and only go to work if the test is negative.
How can that even be an argument? We know that incubation can be 3 - 10 days.
So taking a PCR when you're relative has contracted covid means nothing.
Take an LFT everyday, but even then you're still out possibly spreading it - now think of midwives, nurses, Dr's, care staff.. all of whom give very close personal care.
According to the science we've been told for 2yrs, you could be infectious before you've even tested positive!

Reactions: 3
Well, I didn't actually, it was EmilyChambers. I, too, commented on her hypothetical scenario.

But yes, it's possible to have all three jabs the same, as each one stimulates your immune system to protect itself against the virus.

I understand they're doing research and trials into future covid vaccines being used against different strains which would make sense. I think someone who posted here has been part of trials, hopefully they'll clarify.
I've been in one of the trials (Novavax) but have had my first Pfizer now and will have my second in December - I travel a lot and not all countries accept Novavax plus it's been over a year since my second dose.

If there are to be further trials they will need to be set up separately rather than be continuations of existing ones; but yes as far as I'm aware this work is already underway (though I can't take part anyway)

Reactions: 1

I’m part of the Valneva trial which Imhas been designed to tackle delta and be “variant proof”. Not approved yet so although interim results look positive (it’s performed better than AZ which one third of the trial had) the full results won’t be available until next year.

Reactions: 4
honestly, I’d say most parents will do this 😂 I would 😂
I know someone who has 😬
It doesn’t bother me at all that they’re doing it, i just think it’s interesting seeing how shook the other vaccinated parents look you could smell the fear on them

• Haha
It doesn’t bother me at all that they’re doing it, i just think it’s interesting seeing how shook the other vaccinated parents look you could smell the fear on them
Probably because everyone knows that the vaccine doesn't give you 100% protection. No one has ever said it did.

Probably because everyone knows that the vaccine doesn't give you 100% protection. No one has ever said it did.
Yep so surely they should realise everyone will get it at some point it’s just a matter of time? Being afraid won’t stop it getting you 😂

Yep so surely they should realise everyone will get it at some point it’s just a matter of time? Being afraid won’t stop it getting you 😂
It's all about reducing the risk, though. I'm getting my booster on Wednesday so I'm keeping a low profile until my immune system will get the boost from it.

It's all about reducing the risk, though. I'm getting my booster on Wednesday so I'm keeping a low profile until my immune system will get the boost from it.
Does being afraid reduce the risk? Or are you suggesting they keep their kids off school until the vaccines are rolled out to over 5s 😂😂 gotta learn to live with it.

I'm sure that this is the reason why cases are soaring.
As it stands any double vaccinated person doesn't have to isolate if someone in their house had covid.

So I could be double vaccinated and sleeping with my double vaccinated covid postive husband coughing in my face every night, or my covid postive child who I'm comforting, but I can then go to work because I'm double vaxxed.
I then have a 50/50 chance of passing that on based on vaccine statistics.
If I'm not vaccinated though I have to remain at home, with zero chance of passing the virus on.

To then say that no one vaccinated has to isolate when they test positive just beggars belief!

I'm no scientist, but even I can work that one out!
This is what baffles me.

No vaccine means isolation if someone in the house is positive or you are positive. You also need to show proof of a negative covid test to enter some places or cannot enter them at all with no vaccines.

Vaccinated means you only need to isolate if you test positive and you dont even need to prove if you have the virus or not by way of testing as long as you have two vaccines.

None of it makes sense. But people are thrilled about it so 🤷‍♀️

Does being afraid reduce the risk? Or are you suggesting they keep their kids off school until the vaccines are rolled out to over 5s 😂😂 gotta learn to live with it.
Nope, but I would suggest they keep their kids off school if they've tested positive.

Nope, but I would suggest they keep their kids off school if they've tested positive.
They haven’t tested their kids so not sure what you’re talking about? It’s the parent of a child who has tested positive. Not the kid. Everything they’re doings within the ever changing guidance

They haven’t tested their kids so not sure what you’re talking about? It’s the parent of a child who has tested positive. Not the kid. Everything they’re doings within the ever changing guidance
I can still understand their concern, because it's likely the kids will catch it off the parent and can then spread it among other kids who may then go home and spread it to the people in their households.

At the end of the day no one wants to catch covid, even if they've chosen not to have the vaccine (I would assume).

It was like before the pandemic if I was working next to someone who was coughing and spluttering I'd keep away cause I don't want a cold or cough lol.

I can still understand their concern, because it's likely the kids will catch it off the parent and can then spread it among other kids who may then go home and spread it to the people in their households.

At the end of the day no one wants to catch covid, even if they've chosen not to have the vaccine (I would assume).

It was like before the pandemic if I was working next to someone who was coughing and spluttering I'd keep away cause I don't want a cold or cough lol.
Anyone with kids in school knows it’s inevitable that they’ll bring home every virus going otherwise they’d never be in school. It’s just part of life and we need to learn to live with viral illnesses not fear them.

Anyone with kids in school knows it’s inevitable that they’ll bring home every virus going otherwise they’d never be in school. It’s just part of life and we need to learn to live with viral illnesses not fear them.
It's easy for a person to say that if they're healthy with no underlying illnesses, etc.

But I'm on the vulnerable list, hence being eligible for the booster vaccine, so if I got it, I could be very ill with it or worse. I also know someone who's been in hospital with it for nigh on 8 weeks. I'm not sure telling his wife "you need to just live with it" is very helpful.

I refuse to test my young children, it’s bonkers!

It's easy for a person to say that if they're healthy with no underlying illnesses, etc.

But I'm on the vulnerable list, hence being eligible for the booster vaccine, so if I got it, I could be very ill with it or worse. I also know someone who's been in hospital with it for nigh on 8 weeks. I'm not sure telling his wife "you need to just live with it" is very helpful.

I'm also CEV and in my 60s and have just carried on with my life without worry, I have proberbly had it as my daughter had it a few weeks back and so did the children and their dad I also had a heavy cold type that went to my chest but didn't last long and I was fine after a week. but I do take supplements that boost the immune system

Reactions: 8

Life sucks. We all have issues of some description, some more than others. We can’t stop the world because a minority of people are clinically vulnerable.

Clinically vulnerable people should be taking extra precautions for their health just like healthy people should take precautions to maintain their health and well-being.

It’s not everyone else’s responsibility to make sure everyone else is ok. Let’s not pretend anyone gives a single duck if they spread a cold or tummy bug or whatever. It’s life. We have viruses. We learn to live with them and take whatever precautions we see fit as individuals but it’s no life for anyone to expect every single person on the planet to live in fear of every sickness because a minority of people will respond unfavourably if ill.

We could go around in circles all day and not see eye to eye so I’ll wish you good luck with your third vaccine and hopefully you don’t come into contact with covid.👍🏻

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.