COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is the flu jab not the same? Or tetanus booster (although isn’t that 10 years?)
If anti virals were quite prone to causing
Why do people say they feel wiped out with covid and have never felt this bad ever? Yet still can post don forums, social media etc. Usually when you have the flu or cold you feel exactly the same? Or have people forgot there’s no other illnesses now apart from COVID?
Worst I've felt apart from COVID was flu a couple of years beforehand and in between naps I still managed to check Twitter, play on the Nintendo Switch etc.

DON’T SAY THE WORD!! It apparently sets off an awful reaction,
I shouldn’t have gone there I just 😂😂 I can’t at times…

Voldemort confectionery items aside. 😐

94% uptake. “Nearly” 50% in ICU are unvaccinated “or require boosters” 😐

so we’re now throwing in the boosters, because people don’t want them here and they know it.
gonna be a long winter.
I couldn't believe half of what they were saying earlier ,two weeks to turn it around :rolleyes:
I don't know why they're rolling out the LFTs in primary schools who will want to risk testing their child to then have to isolate and take time of work ?
there's covid in my sons class they just text yesterday to let us know , himself and four others are away on a cross country run this morning with 90 other partipants from other schools they know they're close contacts but are happy to let them go 🤷‍♀️
ROI are in full panic mode.
ETA I can't believe anybody would report a FIG ROLL :alien:

Reactions: 2
Thing is, even if people are happy with 6 monthly shots for something they are at virtually no risk of (mad in itself but hey) - what when there’s a new virus? How will you feel when you are up to 5 different shots every 6 months?

The population keeps growing, there will always be new viruses and as this past few years have shown, once you give your freedoms up - you ain’t getting them back without paying a hefty price. What is your cutoff point?

Reactions: 13
I couldn't believe half of what they were saying earlier ,two weeks to turn it around :rolleyes:
I don't know why they're rolling out the LFTs in primary schools who will want to risk testing their child to then have to isolate and take time of work ?
there's covid in my sons class they just text yesterday to let us know , himself and four others are away on a cross country run this morning with 90 other partipants from other schools they know they're close contacts but are happy to let them go 🤷‍♀️
ROI are in full panic mode.
ETA I can't believe anybody would report a FIG ROLL :alien:
the kids are negative 😬 always negative right 😂😂😂

• Haha
People are hesitant and disinterested and we're only in year one I think shots every few months
the kids are negative 😬 always negative right 😂😂😂
Always🤫...I vote we just send them on the new Disney cruise "Alcatrazzzz on water 🇮🇴" for a treat 😂

• Haha
Thing is, even if people are happy with 6 monthly shots for something they are at virtually no risk of (mad in itself but hey) - what when there’s a new virus? How will you feel when you are up to 5 different shots every 6 months?

The population keeps growing, there will always be new viruses and as this past few years have shown, once you give your freedoms up - you ain’t getting them back without paying a hefty price. What is your cutoff point?
Then there's the question of if you've never taken a vaccine, or are late doing so, and are then required to have it to travel/work/generally live, or change your mind in having them. How do you become fully vaccinated?

I had 1 jab in March and for as long as humanly possible won't have another.
It might mean I have to have one for a particular part of my work role, but I'll have to start again from the beginning.

So I'll have to have 2 jabs, with the gap inbetween. Then I'll have to wait again before having the booster.
By the time all that's happened the 4th jab will be out and I'll be back to being not fully vaccinated.
How is this even going to work?

Reactions: 5
Leo’s blaming the 5% unvaccinated…that’s a proper figgy with the grooves 😂 they don’t make them like they used to 😋 some of the nightclubs are opening at 6pm you canny keep a good man down 😜
Who's going to get the blame when 100% are vaccinated? I can't wait for the mental gymnastics on that one.

Bit of advice needed, I am at nearly 8 months post my 2nd vaccine, i am under 40, I got my vaccines early due to my employment at the time - I no longer do that job.

My GP has refused to book me a vaccination as I am not in any of the cohorts, I am trying to explain that irrelevant of cohorts I am way beyond my 182 days and that I feel that I have very little protection against the virus. Do you think a walk in centre will vaccinate me?
Don't know where you are in the UK but I'd say it's unlikely you would be taken at a walk in centre. I also got my first two doses earlier than my age cohort because of my job, and I am no longer in that job and therefore will have to wait for my age cohort this time.

Reactions: 3
No because you don’t fit the age criteria
[/QUOTE

I understand that, but I think the 182 days + should also be accepted? Immunity wains after 6 months. Surely it is a case of keeping everyone safe?
Who's going to get the blame when 100% are vaccinated? I can't wait for the mental gymnastics on that one.

Don't know where you are in the UK but I'd say it's unlikely you would be taken at a walk in centre. I also got my first two doses earlier than my age cohort because of my job, and I am no longer in that job and therefore will have to wait for my age cohort this time.
Ironically 119 told me to try my luck at a walk in!!!!

I'm surprised after nearly two years they still haven't figured out that the real culprit is not the old ,vulnerable and unvaccinated ,but the virus :giggle:...it doesn't take Poirot to figure that out

We’ll be rattling as we walk at this rate

I wonder is Craig jabbed
61FF44E6-85AA-4211-BEAE-75B5D8D47BDE.jpeg

So what good will these anti virals be to the younger age groups .I wonder will the UK be classing them as safe like they do most things
CF3C1F34-5FD8-449A-8F56-F5085E62D959.jpeg

Last edited:
So I’m sure the people who are so happy to see unvaxxed medical staff forced out, will be the same level of happy when their life is on the line and there’s potentially no one to treat them?

No? Thought not.
Maybe give them the choice that they insist the NHS gives, if people aren't vaccinated then Drs etc can choose not to treat them.

E.g. if you take ill, and your Dr etc isnt vaccinated, you can refuse treatment from them.

Bet they dont like that though!

I have faith many will.

This article details how the numbers can be changed:
But how can you have faith in a vaccine that hasnt delivered what it desperately promised?

Everything will open up as soon as you are vaccinated. Things opened up in the UK regardless of not everyone being vaccinated

Austria were locking down unvaccinated this has now changed because they've realised the surge in covid isnt just down to the 10% unvaccinated and the whole country is going back into lockdown.

Boris said we needed to be vaccinated to save ourselves, then save other people and then a final plea to open everything up and go on holiday

We would be fully vaccinated after 1. Then it was 2. Now its changed to two vaccines and a booster, with the hint that actually it will be more so no one is currently fully vaccinate by their own guidelines.

A couple of weeks ago in the UK, the number of vaccinated in hospital in the 40 to 50 age bracket was more than unvaccinated yet they said it would stop hospitalizations if you had covid.

Im sure they even declared at the very start the vaccine would stop the spread of covid too.

I still believe once they bring in a fee for the vaccines and boosters, people will tail off taking it. The only people I know who take the flu vaccine are those who get it free due to personal medical history or because it's part of job requirements.

The UK love a freebie till they have to pay.

I've overheard people in Sainsburys taking boxes of lateral flow tests because they are free and why not

Last edited:
It's all kicking off in Europe.

Austria have changed their mind an imposed a full lockdown rather than a lockdown for the unvaccinated. That is the fairer option, but I have to say I'm a bit gutted as those stats would have been very interesting! They have mandated everyone to have the vaccine from February though.

Germany, Slovakia and Bavaria have a lockdown for the unvaccinated, and so it goes on.

I wonder what's in store for us in England soon...!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It's all kicking off in Europe.

Austria have changed their mind an imposed a full lockdown rather than a lockdown for the unvaccinated. That is the fairer option, but I have to say I'm a bit gutted as those stats would have been very interesting! They have mandated everyone to have the vaccine from February though.

Germany, Slovakia and Bavaria have a lockdown for the unvaccinated, and so it goes on.

I wonder what's in store for us in England soon...!

Be interesting to see what happens here given that Boris has said from March, there will be more track and trace, no more testing and no more isolating if you do test positive.

Reactions: 4
Maybe give them the choice that they insist the NHS gives, if people aren't vaccinated then Drs etc can choose not to treat them.

E.g. if you take ill, and your Dr etc isnt vaccinated, you can refuse treatment from them.

Bet they dont like that though!

But how can you have faith in a vaccine that hasnt delivered what it desperately promised?

Everything will open up as soon as you are vaccinated. Things opened up in the UK regardless of not everyone being vaccinated

Austria were locking down unvaccinated this has now changed because they've realised the surge in covid isnt just down to the 10% unvaccinated and the whole country is going back into lockdown.

Boris said we needed to be vaccinated to save ourselves, then save other people and then a final plea to open everything up and go on holiday

We would be fully vaccinated after 1. Then it was 2. Now its changed to two vaccines and a booster, with the hint that actually it will be more so no one is currently fully vaccinate by their own guidelines.

A couple of weeks ago in the UK, the number of vaccinated in hospital in the 40 to 50 age bracket was more than unvaccinated yet they said it would stop hospitalizations if you had covid.

Im sure they even declared at the very start the vaccine would stop the spread of covid too.

I still believe once they bring in a fee for the vaccines and boosters, people will tail off taking it. The only people I know who take the flu vaccine are those who get it free due to personal medical history or because it's part of job requirements.

The UK love a freebie till they have to pay.

I've overheard people in Sainsburys taking boxes of lateral flow tests because they are free and why not
Your memory must be different to mine, as I'm sure they were pretty clear about needing to have two vaccines from the start. I don't recall ever hearing anyone say we'd only need one vaccination. The possibility of booster jabs was also mentioned very early on. I remember hearing it could be similar to the flu jab which, as we know, changes annually.

I think they'd only make lower risk groups pay for it in the future and then it'd be when/if the risk is vastly reduced. That said, my employer offers us free flu vaccinations and I expect many employers do - given that people being off sick will cost them more than the vaccine. Again, I could see the same thing happening if free covid vaccinations were restricted to certain groups.

Be interesting to see what happens here given that Boris has said from March, there will be more track and trace, no more testing and no more isolating if you do test positive.
I don’t think UK would follow. Boris seems to be doing his own thing as per usual. twit.

Last edited:
Your memory must be different to mine, as I'm sure they were pretty clear about needing to have two vaccines from the start. I don't recall ever hearing anyone say we'd only need one vaccination. The possibility of booster jabs was also mentioned very early on. I remember hearing it could be similar to the flu jab which, as we know, changes annually.

I think they'd only make lower risk groups pay for it in the future and then it'd be when/if the risk is vastly reduced. That said, my employer offers us free flu vaccinations and I expect many employers do - given that people being off sick will cost them more than the vaccine. Again, I could see the same thing happening if free covid vaccinations were restricted to certain groups.
It’s not the same as the flu jab though. The flu jab changes every year with different strains. The covid vaccines are all the same are they not? It’s not altered for different variants? Yet you now need 3.

If they are only going to give it free to most at risk in the future then those people denied it should take note then that they aren’t seen as having risk factors so the scaremongering to them has been totally unwarranted.

Reactions: 5
It’s not the same as the flu jab though. The flu jab changes every year with different strains. The covid vaccines are all the same are they not? It’s not altered for different variants? Yet you now need 3.

If they are only going to give it free to most at risk in the future then those people denied it should take note then that they aren’t seen as having risk factors so the scaremongering to them has been totally unwarranted.
Well, my first two were AstraZeneca, but my booster will be Pfizer. I assume they're slightly different in composition, hence the difference efficacy percentages.

Charging for future vaccines is just a hypothetical that I assume has been mentioned due to low risk groups being charged for the flu vaccine. Again, I haven't heard of being asked to pay for a covid vaccine. It would seem pointless given the government wants as many people vaccinated as possible.

I'm sure that this is the reason why cases are soaring.
As it stands any double vaccinated person doesn't have to isolate if someone in their house had covid.

So I could be double vaccinated and sleeping with my double vaccinated covid postive husband coughing in my face every night, or my covid postive child who I'm comforting, but I can then go to work because I'm double vaxxed.
I then have a 50/50 chance of passing that on based on vaccine statistics.
If I'm not vaccinated though I have to remain at home, with zero chance of passing the virus on.

To then say that no one vaccinated has to isolate when they test positive just beggars belief!

I'm no scientist, but even I can work that one out!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Well, my first two were AstraZeneca, but my booster will be Pfizer. I assume they're slightly different in composition, hence the difference efficacy percentages.

Charging for future vaccines is just a hypothetical that I assume has been mentioned due to low risk groups being charged for the flu vaccine. Again, I haven't heard of being asked to pay for a covid vaccine. It would seem pointless given the government wants as many people vaccinated as possible.
You are the one who brought up charging, I just commented on your hypothetical scenario.

yes the different brands may be slightly different but generally speaking if someone gets 3 covid vaccines they’re all the same they aren’t tweaked for different variants of covid, they are the same vaccine whereas the flu vaccines are tweaked each time for combating different strains of flu.

Reactions: 4
As it stands any double vaccinated person doesn't have to isolate if someone in their house had covid.

So I could be double vaccinated and sleeping with my double vaccinated covid postive husband coughing in my face every night, or my covid postive child who I'm comforting, but I can then go to work because I'm double vaxxed.
If I'm not vaccinated though I have to remain at home, with zero chance of passing the virus on.

To then say that no one vaccinated has to isolate when they test positive just beggars belief!

To be fair, you're meant to get a PCR test if you've been in contact with someone who's tested positive when you're double jabbed and only go to work if the test is negative.

Reactions: 1

If you are double vaccinated and someone close to you tests positive, the most sensible thing to do would be to do an LFT/PCR. Of course if that comes back positive you would have to isolate regardless of vaccine/no vaccine.

To be fair, you're meant to get a PCR test if you've been in contact with someone who's tested positive when you're double jabbed and only go to work if the test is negative.
I have been notified as being someone who came into contact with a person who tested positive. First thing I did was an LFT as well as a PCR. Both were negative.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.