COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m on a cruise family forum and the vast majority of Disney cruises go to the Caribbean where vaccine passports are much stricter so their hands are tied.

P&O cruises have cancelled loads of families cruises to the Caribbean this winter because children are unvaccinated, and have been cancelling families cruises where they have a certain % of unvaccinated on board (all over 18s have to be plus LFT). On top of that children have to wear face masks in kids club and social distance. Doesn’t seem much of a holiday 😂

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I’m on a cruise family forum and the vast majority of Disney cruises go to the Caribbean where vaccine passports are much stricter so their hands are tied.

P&O cruises have cancelled loads of families cruises to the Caribbean this winter because children are unvaccinated, and have been cancelling families cruises where they have a certain % of unvaccinated on board (all over 18s have to be plus LFT). On top of that children have to wear face masks in kids club and social distance. Doesn’t seem much of a holiday 😂
These holidays cost a fortune too. Think I’d rather spend the money on a uk holiday without the restrictions.

Reactions: 8

That's not a holiday that's a punishment 😂 stick all the naughty kids on a Disney Cruise so their parents can have a real holiday ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone actually say they want vaccine passports.

I’m fully vaxxed and don’t want one either!
They really are a measure that shouldn’t sit right with anyone it’s taking everyone’s basic rights away and that benefits no one!
I don't think we should blame any age there are plenty of all ages willing to sacrifice children to feel safer.

we cant say the government are doing everything for the old when they were killed off due to covid patients being sent to care homes, having DNR orders on them, being isolated from family knowing that would kill many as well.

To put the blame on any age is just division I know many older people think its outrageous to be vaccinating the kids, I know many younger people including parents who want the kids done.
Exactly. The government are in it for themselves and themselves only. Not the old, not the young and not those in between.

Reactions: 7
Is anyone else struggling to book their booster? I assumed I was classified as clinically vulnerable and had my second dose very early May but still seem unable to book via the online booking service at the moment.

I don't think we should blame any age there are plenty of all ages willing to sacrifice children to feel safer.

we cant say the government are doing everything for the old when they were killed off due to covid patients being sent to care homes, having DNR orders on them, being isolated from family knowing that would kill many as well.

To put the blame on any age is just division I know many older people think its outrageous to be vaccinating the kids, I know many younger people including parents who want the kids done.
Nothing to do with age just looking after the rich ,they're raising retirement age doing away with affordable social care and took away the free TV licence they don't give a fook about the oldies they're looking their own ie the millionaires

Is anyone else struggling to book their booster? I assumed I was classified as clinically vulnerable and had my second dose very early May but still seem unable to book via the online booking service at the moment.
There's been a few on the Covid thread have said they're having trouble booking.

There's been a few on the Covid thread have said they're having trouble booking
Interesting. I'm happy to wait my turn really as I imagine I will be offered one eventually. I blame it on my GP really as I'm eligible for the flu jab and they still haven't even contacted me about that. Got one from the pharmacy anyway.

Reactions: 1
Interesting. I'm happy to wait my turn really as I imagine I will be offered one eventually. I blame it on my GP really as I'm eligible for the flu jab and they still haven't even contacted me about that. Got one from the pharmacy anyway.
A lot on my local Fb groups are going to drop-ins for thiers

I'm not sure how the booking system works in England can you not get a booster from the pharmacy too ?

I got a letter to book my booster jab and booked it online for the following week no problem. My siblings (living in different counties) have had theirs too and my mum had a home visit for hers last week.

Last edited:
Yes my family haven’t been able to book appointments for theirs until mid December, i went to a mass vaccination centre and they were taking walk ins (I will say it was busy be prepared to wait). There isn’t as many venues near me to offer vaccines anymore.

I had to wait for a text and email from the NHS. Once I had that, I was able to book fairly easily online - though I'm having to travel to another town for it as my local GP practice wasn't an option.

A neighbour of mine who's 75 hasn't got hers until early December because she can't/won't travel for it and our local GP practice (which isn't small) can't fit her in till then.

It's very different to the original vaccine rollout where my local GP practice called me when I was ready for both my first and second jab and did the booking over the phone for an appointment a couple of days later. That's what annoys me; the government keep urging people to get their boosters when - on the whole - it's not easy to book at all!

Austria going into full lockdown and making vaccines mandatory for all

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Austria going into full lockdown and making vaccines mandatory for all
if they can get a country that was occupied to follow these bizare orders then it's going to work everywhere. unless people stop it.

Got to laugh though, we have just had remembrance and then this is done. Irony much.

Reactions: 11
Do you have any evidence to back this claim up?
Because I can find you loads stating how this claim is lies. There are side effects. People have died. The FDA panel even stated this as evidence as to why they didn’t agree to a third booster, so it’s not of some Twitter or Facebook posts, but out of the mouths of experts,

Tell me again why we need passports and for people to be stripped of their livelihoods?
I could be wrong but i think shes reffering to the AZ vaccine as it uses the adenovirus vectors which has been used in vaccine production since the 60s and 70s , the technology has been used for years and the genetic makeup of each virus is applied to this technology

vaccines like influzenza , TB, and others all work this way,

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has there ever been constant boosters used as a means of keeping society moving before ? we know over use of anti virals can lead to resistance just like antibiotics so I wouldn't be too confident in saying we don't need to worry about longterm damage just yet no matter how long the tech has been around , abuse something for long enough there's always repercussions imo.

Reactions: 5
I could be wrong but i think shes reffering to the AZ vaccine as it uses the adenovirus vectors which has been used in vaccine production since the 60s and 70s , the technology has been used for years and the genetic makeup of each virus is applied to this technology

vaccines like influzenza , TB, and others all work this way,
But they do say the vaccines and not the vaccine. pretty important info for highly qualified people to miss out, no?

Iv seen photos from Austria of long queues at the airports and bus stations. I would do the exact same.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.