Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Unspiralled

Why do we need masks, social distancing, lockdowns, mandated vaccines and vaccine passports for it then and not influenza?
Because it's deadlier than seasonal flu. Not sure what this has to do with mutation rate though.

ETA: to clarify, I don't think vaccines should necessarily be mandated

No it wasn’t it was called ‘who else is not getting the covid vaccine’ I was quite active on the first thread and remember it being changed. I was also banned from commenting on one of them for arguing with a member (nothing new there 😂)
If you go back to the first thread it shows this title - Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.

Was it changed then?

SpanishPink

Vaccination was crucial but I feel like the way it was often promoted as the ultimate and definitive solution was wrong.
After asking for so many efforts from the population, further restrictions can only be harder and harder to accept.
The weakness of many healthcare systems is a problem governments have been ignoring for way too long.
If the antiviral treatment can prevent hospitals from reaching saturation point then it should become a new priority.

The situation in France is -for now- better than in Germany but it's going to be interesting to see what happens over the next weeks.
Children are still wearing a mask in schools and the health pass is required in so many places. For these reasons (+elections in a few months) the government is against a new lockdown. Under French law a lockdown for the unvaccinated would be quite difficult to enforce.
We'll see...

MensaBarbie1985

Chatty Member
Also just need to to mention that as well as the hospitalisations from covid for fully vaccinated there has also been over 30,000 die from adverse reactions from the vaccine. How many more after the boosters?
Can you please provide evidence of the 30,000 that have been proven to have died from adverse reactions to the vaccine? As working in the field of research and safety monitoring they obviously haven't been hitting my desk

MensaBarbie1985

Chatty Member
I think there has been some confusion on here and people getting mixed up between members - one of the above comments sounded like they were referring to posts I had previously

It was me who talked about working in research and clinical trials but also working in a vaccine clinic; I don't work in research any more but obviously have colleagues who still do which is why I'm aware of the adverse event reporting for the trials (or lack of adverse events). What I did quote was that there had been no serious adverse reactions to the vaccines in the thousands of NHS staff who attended my clinic. I was working there as redeployed from my current role due to the pandemic

I'm not going into it or arguing any further but will continue to read with interest - it's not worth it

Ensay

VIP Member
8% of the nhs is unvaccinated. 116k employees. Not really a drop in the ocean when you’re the one needing the healthcare be it an appointment with gp, practice nurse, nurse led clinic, a bed in a ward, you’ll feel it and then you’ll realise it’s not really about your safety.

With Brexit and covid the nhs is already on its last breath, it takes years to train people into these roles it’s not a quick fix that an increase in salary would do.
I think a lot will change their minds, especially as we'll soon be reaching the year anniversary from when jabs started. There's only so long that the excuse of "not knowing long term effects" will wash.

Is anyone else struggling to book their booster? I assumed I was classified as clinically vulnerable and had my second dose very early May but still seem unable to book via the online booking service at the moment.

Jc456

VIP Member
This conversation was never about that. This was about the tweet of a person taking stats and twisting them to suit their bias. The figures are clearly Covid-19 deaths by vaccination status.
The last picture was covid and non covid deaths but could of been unrelated to the jab
E_U4Q3UWYAQH_Mg.jpeg.jpg

So they can prove that a vaccine saves a person, since when ? I’ve only ever seen it may have contributed to ,but never it was definitely because of !
If the vaccine reduces the severity of Covid-19 which could potentially lead to someone losing their life = saving their life.

Well why would it be discussed here if it’s not related to vaccines?! You make out it’s being hidden or swept away when it’s not related to vaccines - this is a vaccine thread. Surely that would be a more relevant contribution for the covid thread?! No one here as far as I can tell has denied covid has the potential to cause heart problems in a minority of cases.

It would be abhorrent to suggest vaccines don’t cause heart problems too though, when they absolutely do, again in a minority of cases. It’s been proven time and time again, sadly.
There have been a few comments regarding young athletes who are suffering from the above and automatically people mention the vaccine without knowing the full story. I am just showing that there are quite a few having heart inflammation and myocarditis post Covid-19 infection.

(And yes I know there have been cases reported post vaccine…)

Post links then? Also something that might be of interest to you @Prefrontalmedialcortex, people being offered money in exchange for lying about covid. Why would this need to happen if it was a deadly pandemic? Surely if it was deadly we would naturally be scared and worried? Why all the coercion, lies and shadyness?
Sorry I don’t really fancy spending my morning scouring the net for distressing images. There were plenty shown around the world. You are not going to convince me that it is not a deadly pandemic…there are things that are questionable such as some of the government’s decisions.

SpanishPink

You lost me at ‘vaccination was crucial’.
Everyone that I know that’s recently had covid is vaccinated. Then there’s me, not vaccinated, don’t wear a mask, don’t social distance and don’t sanitise my hands when I go into a shop, still haven’t caught it and quite frankly couldn’t care less if I do because I’m not a wet wipe.
Mabye everyone’s catching covid from them minging sanitiser dispensers at shop entries, don’t even want to think about how many dirty hands are touching that on a daily basis 🤢
I'm not vaccinated either.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Bit of advice needed, I am at nearly 8 months post my 2nd vaccine, i am under 40, I got my vaccines early due to my employment at the time - I no longer do that job.

My GP has refused to book me a vaccination as I am not in any of the cohorts, I am trying to explain that irrelevant of cohorts I am way beyond my 182 days and that I feel that I have very little protection against the virus. Do you think a walk in centre will vaccinate me?
No because you don’t fit the age criteria