Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
My sister got COVID and now can't taste coffee or garlic. Anything with garlic in tastes like rotten meat to her apparently. Would rather avoid that if possible.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I’m afraid I haven’t and they’d go to waste on me as I haven’t got my sense of smell/taste back to normal. Omg fig rolls are not grim, they are delicious - but dangerous if you eat one too many. 🚽🧻💩
To be fair, they don't taste of awful lot but still 🤣 I love them, even though they dont taste the same as they did in the 80's

Ensay

VIP Member
It was a refusing the vaccine thread to start with……..I wish it had remained.
Why? Echo chambers are never good. I probably disagree with at least 80% of the people in this thread, but I still think it's important to discuss things with people I disagree with.

Northeast1988

VIP Member
Well, generally when deaths are certified, all factors that may have contributed to the death are listed.

When we sadly lost my dad last year, there were two causes of death on his Death Certificate - colon cancer and pulmonary embolism. We obviously knew he had terminal bowel cancer and that was almost certainly what killed him, but because he had a pulmonary embolism noted on his records (that he'd received treatment for) it was listed on his Death Certificate because it may have contributed to his death.
Yes totally agree on this , all death certificates have primary and secondary causes . In your dads cause , bowel CA was the primary cause and the PE would have been the contributing causes

Yes, I remember, you worked on every ward in every dept and also gave vaccines and reported injuries, but you never had any. You also laughed at my post when I said my friend had died and you said no one had died from the vaccine.

I repeat, most of the temp morgues were never used.
When you work for the nhs for a length period of time and do career progression and work up the management ladder , you do tend to move around a tad bit 😂😂😂

Ensay

VIP Member
That is not what I am saying. If his mother has a history of heart problems and stroke, had the vaccine, then had issues with heart and strokes… it is coming across as the vaccine caused these issues.

But she has a history of heart problems and strokes…
Yes, he destroyed his own theory by saying his mum had already suffered from those issues before having the vaccine. So if she had those issues again post vaccine how can he be sure the vaccine caused them? She may well have experienced the same health problems without it.

I wonder if that was Sky News Australia, they have form for publicising crap.

Ok that sucks, but if you survived it you’re part of the 99% survival rate. It doesn’t refer to ongoing symptoms it’s merely about survival.

For example, if the 5-year relative survival rate for a specific stage of breast cancer is 90%, it means that women who have that cancer are, on average, about 90% as likely as women who don't have that cancer to live for at least 5 years after being diagnosed. It doesn’t mean that those 90% of women are symptom free and living a complete and normal life. It means they’re 90% likely to be alive.
Thanks for the explanation. I know all of this. 👍🏻

monga

VIP Member
Every kid is different. My eldest needs to know a play by play of absolutely everything we do before we do it or they cant cope.

Just how their brains works and causes us a lot of heartache as they just meltdown completely when something unexpected happens.

We do loads of social stories/ what happens books with them.
Yes they're all different, mine would be the opposite I'd be pulling him in by the hair if I told him what was to happen he's not anxious about life but my sisters son has autism and needs routine and structure so more explaining for her.

i assume you believe the likes of sky news who tweet blatant lies to try and push vaccine uptake and then have to delete their tweets. Something seems off to me that death rate charts always seem to have ‘covid not included’ in them. Why is that do we know? Because if we know the exact death toll for covid then why is it never included, bizarre really!

View attachment 873252
The chart/graph you posted was UN projections and it clearly stated at the top it did not take Covid-19 deaths into account so your comment about the ‘deadly pandemic’ was false.

Plenty of data out there showing excess deaths/higher number of deaths from countries around the world.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Were these people even working through covid lockdowns? If you think that losing your taste is worse than losing your income then I really have no words, just unreal really 😐😂
Yeah they were how do you think you got your bread baked and take always cooked in the COVID lockdowns? Think before you press post next time. So out of touch.

What I meant though is for eg if someone is fully vaccinated for some that will only
Been double vaccinated if it’s within the past 6 months but for others that means they need to be triple vaccinated so it would be figures from the third shot/booster and part of the figures of the double vaccinated. I’m probably not making sense
I think I kind of get what you are saying. 😅 I think any doses after the 2nd dose are being included in the stats for ‘booster or 3rd dose’ but I may be wrong.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Is the flu jab not the same? Or tetanus booster (although isn’t that 10 years?)
If anti virals were quite prone to causing
Why do people say they feel wiped out with covid and have never felt this bad ever? Yet still can post don forums, social media etc. Usually when you have the flu or cold you feel exactly the same? Or have people forgot there’s no other illnesses now apart from COVID?
Worst I've felt apart from COVID was flu a couple of years beforehand and in between naps I still managed to check Twitter, play on the Nintendo Switch etc.

Are you not in the U.K.? If you are then how is that figure not relevant to you?
Yes different places report different but also healthcare which of course influences outcomes is different in other countries too so it’s probably most relevant to look at your country specific data.
I am in the UK but I would have thought mortality/survival rate would take into account all stats for illness/disease.