COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It will be very interesting to see what proportion of the staff who leave have actually been vaccinated and are purely doing so because they don’t agree with mandated healthcare. I’d like to think that should be at the core of your values if you work for the NHS, everyone’s right to choose and to have autonomy over their own bodies.

Reactions: 9
How long before they say that the unvaccinated will no longer be allowed to be treated by NHS also. Might have to start looking into private healthcare… I would rather pay to see a gp than get the covid jab.

Reactions: 5
Staff now are more likely to stay in work (obviously not if they're positive) which eases the strain on resources
Except 110,000 will leave as it stands. It will go up because it was initially estimated that 30,000 care staff would leave and now It's 60,000.
Even if you assume that care staff forced to leave have joined the nhs as HCAs, which might help the nhs over winter, then they'll also leave in spring leaving a bugger defi
It will be very interesting to see what proportion of the staff who leave have actually been vaccinated and are purely doing so because they don’t agree with mandated healthcare. I’d like to think that should be at the core of your values if you work for the NHS, everyone’s right to choose and to have autonomy over their own bodies.
Yep it's lesson 101 in care - advocate for choice and respect body autonomy. It stands firmly next to a person centered approach

Reactions: 2
And the vulnerable people they treat?

Odd how there's no complaint over other vaccines you must have if you go to certain countries or work on the NHS.

Reactions: 1

Odd how there's no complaint over other vaccines you must have if you go to certain countries or work on the NHS.
You made the presumption I agree with those. That didn’t actually come out of my mouth. I don’t think any healthcare should be mandated, ever. However, there is a marked difference between vaccines that have gone through all the stages of necessary safety checks, and this. Also its hugely dependant on the illness that is being vaccinated against, survival rates etc. It’s far more complex than saying they are allowed so this should be. However people like to selectively forget that you can be against ONE vaccination and not others.

Everytime someone uses the “protect the vulnerable” line, it shows me they themselves have no faith in their vaccine if they don’t believe their 3 doses are actually doing the job they are supposed to be and you still need something from me.

The vaccinated spread it just as much, let’s not forget that. This can’t be put down to being CT anymore, it’s written fact. Maybe people will accept that one day when the unvaccinated are banned from life outside their 4 walls and COVID still isn’t going anywhere. Maybe we’ll be on dose 50 by then?

Reactions: 8

Not really, because as has been said before the HepB jab actually works at 100%. Yellow fever has almost the same efficacy.

Reactions: 6
Except 110,000 will leave as it stands. It will go up because it was initially estimated that 30,000 care staff would leave and now It's 60,000.
Even if you assume that care staff forced to leave have joined the nhs as HCAs, which might help the nhs over winter, then they'll also leave in spring leaving a bugger defi

Yep it's lesson 101 in care - advocate for choice and respect body autonomy. It stands firmly next to a person centered approach
I helped to coordinate the vaccine clinics for our Trust and we have approximately 96% of our staff fully vaccinated. I personally don't know anyone within my line of work who would need to leave if it's made mandatory. I think the numbers are a gross exaggeration.

I also can't see in the current climate that people who voluntarily give up their jobs to stand in solidarity with those made to leave if they aren't vaccinated... my mortgage doesn't get paid by my principles!

I think it's also a myth that there are plenty of medical staff out there willing to come back in the right conditions... the numbers of doctors and nurses coming through uni has been dwindling for years (particularly in places such as my area - psychiatry)

I think time will easily show TBH how most people who are happy with this, sharp change their tune when they are withheld or denied treatment because there are no staff and waiting lists are too long. As if we don’t already have that problem! We will see how choosy the beggars are then.

Reactions: 4
I helped to coordinate the vaccine clinics for our Trust and we have approximately 96% of our staff fully vaccinated. I personally don't know anyone within my line of work who would need to leave if it's made mandatory.
The 4% that aren’t fully vaccinated?

I helped to coordinate the vaccine clinics for our Trust and we have approximately 96% of our staff fully vaccinated. I personally don't know anyone within my line of work who would need to leave if it's made mandatory. I think the numbers are a gross exaggeration.

I also can't see in the current climate that people who voluntarily give up their jobs to stand in solidarity with those made to leave if they aren't vaccinated... my mortgage doesn't get paid by my principles!

I think it's also a myth that there are plenty of medical staff out there willing to come back in the right conditions... the numbers of doctors and nurses coming through uni has been dwindling for years (particularly in places such as my area - psychiatry)
Maybe if you looked at different media. I know three people who are not going to walk out but are waiting to be pushed. They don't talk about it at work and certainly not to people who are vocal about those who are not having it. Two of them their friends belive they are vaccinated not that they have said they were but the friends assumed they are

Last edited:
The 4% that aren’t fully vaccinated?
Google says there are 1.2 million nhs workers. I know the OP was talking about their experience, but even if you take 4% overall that's 48,000 staff that could leave. Small percentage, or over estimation at 110,000 it's beyond a crisis if they leave

Reactions: 8
I wonder how many people are lying to the pro vaxxers and saying they are vaccinated to avoid any confrontation, especially in workplaces like the NHS. I know people that say they are vaccinated when asked but they aren’t.

Reactions: 10
I wonder how many people are lying to the pro vaxxers and saying they are vaccinated to avoid any confrontation, especially in workplaces like the NHS. I know people that say they are vaccinated when asked but they aren’t.
When I worked in the nhs I remember during flu jab season it was assumed everyone would take it too as if it was just the expected thing to do. The trusts I worked in often offered incentives for getting it too everyone who took it was entered into a raffle the first prize was a 2 night stay at a luxury hotel. Second prize was £100 shopping voucher and the third prize was vouchers for the hospital cafe. No one batted an eye lid

• Wow
Yes, it's the same with the mask exception. Some people are not brave enough to just not wear one so some will say they are vaxed even if they are not.

I have had a lot of "official" visitors to my home this last two weeks and all have assumed I'm vaccinated because I am CEV. I've not said otherwise and its no one else's business

There is a national database to check vaccination status so although they can lie to their colleagues it can easily be checked

There is a national database to check vaccination status so although they can lie to their colleagues it can easily be checked
Yes, I know, that was not the point though. They know their bosses proberbly know but their workmates don't and those workmates will be saying "I don't know anyone at work not vaccinated"

Yes, I know, that was not the point though. They know their bosses proberbly know but their workmates don't and those workmates will be saying "I don't know anyone at work not vaccinated"
OK that's fair enough - I can only speak from personal experience but I've personally seen all of my directorate when they came to the vaccine clinics and the reports we have produced have been based on the data from the national system not personal reporting

Who has access to it ?

Lead by example right? This is Boris walking round a hospital yesterday would they tolerate a member of the public doing that 🤨
5F1B6BDC-9407-44B3-AAC9-C57DA6DCC2CF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
Who has access to it ?

Lead by example right? This is Boris walking round a hospital yesterday would they tolerate a member of the public doing that 🤨View attachment 855314
You need to be issued a login by the national administrators (it's the North West Commissioning Support Unit as I remember rightly) and have to verify yourself via your NHS email address and sending a picture of your ID - it's not easy to access plus there will be an audit trail of who has entered details and where. I did hear of stories where people were being offered up to £750 to falsify someone's records which is worrying...

That picture of Boris really winds me up! As you all know I am massively pro-vaccine but I'm definitely anti-government, anti-lockdowns, etc. The building I work in is on a hospital site but is completely non-clinical yet we still have to wear a mask in the office even when we are 2 metres plus apart!

You need to be issued a login by the national administrators (it's the North West Commissioning Support Unit as I remember rightly) and have to verify yourself via your NHS email address and sending a picture of your ID - it's not easy to access plus there will be an audit trail of who has entered details and where. I did hear of stories where people were being offered up to £750 to falsify someone's records which is worrying...

That picture of Boris really winds me up! As you all know I am massively pro-vaccine but I'm definitely anti-government, anti-lockdowns, etc. The building I work in is on a hospital site but is completely non-clinical yet we still have to wear a mask in the office even when we are 2 metres plus apart!
But they’re quick to come out and defend him anyway. Their poor leadership is to blame for most of the bad public choices throughout the pandemic, adhere to the health measures but drop them at the same time ? nobody believes in the pandemic anymore because the government doesn’t believe in it anymore !

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.