COVID-19 vaccine #23 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A fair number of people here pay privately for them currently, a lot of pharmacies offer them and the course (2 jabs) is around £1-200ish. They're only not offered here on the NHS due to cost i expect, plenty of countries have been offering them as standard for years. That said the vast majority of children wouldn't really have an issue if they caught it naturally, in fact I believe its safer for girls especially to catch it this way as immunity lasts into adulthood. I paid privately for them for my son as he's on medication that he would have to stop should he catch chicken pox as its very dangerous if taken when infected and the medication prevents him getting poorly, I'd probably leave it to nature otherwise tbh and don't see the value of it being added to the roster. For those who want it though offering it for a small fee on the NHS could make them a few quid.

Reactions: 3
A fair number of people here pay privately for them currently, a lot of pharmacies offer them and the course (2 jabs) is around £1-200ish. They're only not offered here on the NHS due to cost i expect, plenty of countries have been offering them as standard for years. That said the vast majority of children wouldn't really have an issue if they caught it naturally, in fact I believe its safer for girls especially to catch it this way as immunity lasts into adulthood. I paid privately for them for my son as he's on medication that he would have to stop should he catch chicken pox as its very dangerous if taken when infected and the medication prevents him getting poorly, I'd probably leave it to nature otherwise tbh and don't see the value of it being added to the roster. For those who want it though offering it for a small fee on the NHS could make them a few quid.
Do they still offer them in pregnancy? I never took it I still had prior immunity anyway.
Edit to add it’s whopping cough I’m thinking on not chicken pox.

Last edited:
No, it's not offered here in pregnancy even for those who haven't had CP before. Small pox is though.
Yes it was whopping cough I was thinking on, I thought the Small pox vaccine was pretty dangerous in itself.

Yes it was whopping cough I was thinking on, I thought the Small pox vaccine was pretty dangerous in itself.
It is whopping cough I was thinking of too hah not smallpox. It's just whooping cough and seasonal flu offered when pregnant (and covid). I don't remember getting any pressure to get either though when I was pregnant, a midwife went through the benefits and mentioned some risks and gave a leaflet and said book if you'd like.

Reactions: 1
It is whopping cough I was thinking of too hah not smallpox. It's just whooping cough and seasonal flu offered when pregnant (and covid). I don't remember getting any pressure to get either though when I was pregnant, a midwife went through the benefits and mentioned some risks and gave a leaflet and said book if you'd like.
I think they were a bit pushy with the flu vaccine if I remember right, I didn’t get any vaccines in pregnancy, didn’t even take my medication for a condition I have good job it goes away in pregnancy once the immune system dampens down, but I was immune to pertussis, rubella etc so didn’t need it anyway.
---

Reactions: 2
I think they were a bit pushy with the flu vaccine if I remember right, I didn’t get any vaccines in pregnancy, didn’t even take my medication for a condition I have good job it goes away in pregnancy once the immune system dampens down, but I was immune to pertussis, rubella etc so didn’t need it anyway.
---

I guess like anything it depends on the HCPs you see. I had both happily as I've been hospitalised with flu before and have treated babies with whooping cough before (not good). I guess like anything peoples experiences inform their decisions as well as the research and input from professionals.

I guess like anything it depends on the HCPs you see. I had both happily as I've been hospitalised with flu before and have treated babies with whooping cough before (not good). I guess like anything peoples experiences inform their decisions as well as the research and input from professionals.
I’ve had all the usual childhood diseases bar polio and still immune years later , I think choice is a human right that should be respected.

Reactions: 5
I’ve had all the usual childhood diseases bar polio and still immune years later , I think choice is a human right that should be respected.
Me too, I didn't say I didn't. I think making an informed choice is important though and misinformation prohibits that. If people balance the risk and benefit and decide not to thats their right and absolutely their autonomy should be protected; but when people are scared out of it from posts on social media thats a shame (not saying you were but when people are). It's not so much the final decision as to how its reached for me personally but at the end of the day I was always against mandatory roll out and/or coercion into the covid vaccines even though i think they were beneficial- people's bodies are their own.

Me too, I didn't say I didn't. I think making an informed choice is important though and misinformation prohibits that. If people balance the risk and benefit and decide not to thats their right and absolutely their autonomy should be protected; but when people are scared out of it from posts on social media thats a shame (not saying you were but when people are). It's not so much the final decision as to how its reached for me personally but at the end of the day I was always against mandatory roll out and/or coercion into the covid vaccines even though i think they were beneficial- people's bodies are their own.
Scared of what ? Surely the majority of people know not to believe random strangers on the internet , I tell it to my kids all the time ,although there are gullible people in every walk of life that just go with the flow without question.

Reactions: 4
The whole covid vaccine debacle was the catalyst for me to get me questioning any type of vaccine. Before that I just blindly followed and did what I was told or didn’t question, I didnt get the covid vaccine or get my child vaccinated with the MMR as by that point the whole media push for the covid vaccine was in full swing and that is what put me off getting my child vaccinated anymore, the more they pushed the more I backed away. Its all the media and governments fault - they played themselves, the constant nagging and fear mongering pushed people to look into things further, surely if people have to be manipulated into getting something then it cant be good for them. I still worked throughout the first lockdown and could see people were not dropping down dead around me, it didn’t seem like a deadly pandemic to me, just the old and vulnerable in society at risk (which is the same for any illness), so I thought why do I need a vaccine, why do I need to be coerced into taking something I dont need and since when do the government dish out freebies for people.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Scared of what ? Surely the majority of people know not to believe random strangers on the internet , I tell it to my kids all the time ,although there are gullible people in every walk of life that just go with the flow without question.
They evidently don't though lol plenty of people say they won't get x because y said z with no critical thought applied.
---

The whole covid vaccine debacle was the catalyst for me to get me questioning any type of vaccine. Before that I just blindly followed and did what I was told or didn’t question, I didnt get the covid vaccine or get my child vaccinated with the MMR as by that point the whole media push for the covid vaccine was in full swing and that is what put me off getting my child vaccinated anymore, the more they pushed the more I backed away. Its all the media and governments fault - they played themselves, the constant nagging and fear mongering pushed people to look into things further, surely if people have to be manipulated into getting something then it cant be good for them. I still worked throughout the first lockdown and could see people were not dropping down dead around me, it didn’t seem like a deadly pandemic to me, just the old and vulnerable in society at risk (which is the same for any illness), so I thought why do I need a vaccine, why do I need to be coerced into taking something I dont need and since when do the government dish out freebies for people.
What's the MMR vaccine got to do with the covid vaccine?

They evidently don't though lol plenty of people say they won't get x because y said z with no critical thought applied.
---

What's the MMR vaccine got to do with the covid vaccine?
You obviously didnt read my post, I said before the covid vaccine was pushed on people I never looked into childhood vaccinations, the push for the covid vaccine made me look into other vaccinations and whether my child actually needed it. So the covid vaccine was the catalyst to make me question other vaccines - I believe its been the same for a few people

Reactions: 7
I don't like the implication here that certain posters are making that covid jab critical people can't decide what is good for them, what is information, disinformation, misinformation. There's a need for some people to herd and control and micro manage others thoughts, choices and lives. FUCKOFF.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't like the implication here that certain posters are making that covid jab critical people can't decide what is good for them, what is information, disinformation, misinformation. There's a need for some people to herd and control and micro manage others thoughts, choices and lives. FUCKOFF.
Dear god man listen to the bloody experts!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If you're referring to me that's not what I'm saying at all if you actually read it. I absolutely don't think that's the case for people who are critical of the covid jabs across the board at all. I think it's just as ridiculous when people blindly take stuff because the government tell them to by the way- anyone who makes a decision based on nothing credible is foolish imo.
---

You obviously didnt read my post, I said before the covid vaccine was pushed on people I never looked into childhood vaccinations, the push for the covid vaccine made me look into other vaccinations and whether my child actually needed it. So the covid vaccine was the catalyst to make me question other vaccines - I believe its been the same for a few people
Whether your child would benefit from a vaccine that protects against nasty illnesses with tonnes of research behind it? Okay...shame for the children affected by these decisions but each to their own.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
If you're referring to me that's not what I'm saying at all if you actually read it. I absolutely don't think that's the case for people who are critical of the covid jabs across the board at all. I think it's just as ridiculous when people blindly take stuff because the government tell them to by the way- anyone who makes a decision based on nothing credible is foolish imo.
---

Whether your child would benefit from a vaccine that protects against nasty illnesses with tonnes of research behind it? Okay...shame for the children affected by these decisions but each to their own.
You may think it's foolish that people base a decision on what they see on twitter or any social media and that's your opinion of course but if they think it's valid to them then personally I'm very happy for them even if they believe an alien visited them and told them to do it.

Reactions: 5
Wouldn't a working chickenpox vaccine reduce shingles as well though? Getting chickenpox in childhood leads to natural immunity but its a whole generation who then can develop shingles later.

Wouldn't a working chickenpox vaccine reduce shingles as well though? Getting chickenpox in childhood leads to natural immunity but its a whole generation who then can develop shingles later.
Oldies already get a shingles vacc think it’s over 70’s

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.