COVID-19 vaccine #23 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Upset to see the possibilities of masking returning due to the new variant, as I struggled with that more than any other aspect of Covid restrictions last time. I was not too bad in the cooler months but as soon as it was even a bit warm I just could not cope with masks as I have pre-existing breathing difficulties (minor mostly but there's the potential for nasty turns and I've been in hospital for it a few times over the years) and allergies, and masking makes those things much more of a worry.

I'll have to get exempt like last time, and put up with the absolutely evil looks people gave me.
If you don't want to wear a mask don't do it.

I hardly ever seen anyone wearing one now outside.

Reactions: 8
Upset to see the possibilities of masking returning due to the new variant, as I struggled with that more than any other aspect of Covid restrictions last time. I was not too bad in the cooler months but as soon as it was even a bit warm I just could not cope with masks as I have pre-existing breathing difficulties (minor mostly but there's the potential for nasty turns and I've been in hospital for it a few times over the years) and allergies, and masking makes those things much more of a worry.

I'll have to get exempt like last time, and put up with the absolutely evil looks people gave me.
Has this been mentioned that masking is on the horizon? 😳 Don’t wear one if you don’t want to it’s no one business but yours, you don’t have to answer to anyone. I still see the odd one or two wearing masks but not very often. There’s a guy at my gym who wears a mask during his workout and a few weeks ago it was just us 2 in the gym and he took it off and he had the most beautiful smile underneath. It was the first time I’d ever seen his full face. He said he felt safe that it was just the 2 of us there and it made me so happy he felt comfortable. A few days later when I saw him again there were 6 of us in and he had the mask back on.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I'm hoping those of us who choose not to mask again won't get judged so harshly because I agree I see almost nobody wearing them now.

I've never been bothered by what other people want to do, am very live and let live, but some of the pro-mask crowd were absolutely disgusting at times and it's left a mark with me.

• Heart
There are quite a few still wearing masks around my area ,mainly elderly people but also a few young people who work in the shops. I don't judge them, it's up to them what they do but it always makes me feel really sad that 3 years on they still feel that fear.
I also feel angry at how some people have been changed forever by the goverments admitted scaremongering tactics.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There are quite a few still wearing masks around my area ,mainly elderly people but also a few young people who work in the shops. I don't judge them, it's up to them what they do but it always makes me feel really sad that 3 years on they still feel that fear.
I also feel angry at how some people have been changed forever by the goverments admitted scaremongering tactics.
Yes, if I see anyone wearing them now it's much older people. I hate that they are still so scared when most of us are living what passes for normally now. I hate it even more knowing how the government were behaving behind the scenes while we were all doing our best to do right by each other. It makes me feel really sad knowing how betrayed we were.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I commute to work each day on what gets to be an overcrowded train half way through the journey. I've only seen one person who wears a mask everyday (the 3m masks) nobody else has bothered since the mandate was dropped. I think it will be hard getting majority of people to wear one on public transport now.

Reactions: 5
The discussion moves to ah but what about the children

Adults made the decision not to have CV based on misinformation and now they also want their kids to get horrible diseases these parents are irresponsible, views of pro CV

What everybody should have done is listen to the limited information available have blind trust and to show how much of a great parent you are put the children in experimental trials as well, anything less and maybe you should have the kids taken because clearly you don’t know what is best for them is that what comes next?

• Wow
  • Angry
Bit stupid when only certain groups will be offered the vaccine.
---
The discussion moves to ah but what about the children

Adults made the decision not to have CV based on misinformation and now they also want their kids to get horrible diseases these parents are irresponsible, views of pro CV

What everybody should have done is listen to the limited information available have blind trust and to show how much of a great parent you are put the children in experimental trials as well, anything less and maybe you should have the kids taken because clearly you don’t know what is best for them is that what comes next?
How many of these judgemental people actually have kids 🙄 implying people want to harm their own kids is sick imo.

So you can make a choice for yourself but not for your own children 😂 what makes anyone think they know best for someone else’s kids and why does it bother someone what medical treatment someone else chooses to accept for their own kids? Weirdos

• Heart
Hopefully they aren't breeding themselves 🤣.
Wonder whether verbal diarrhoea is contagious.

• Haha
Hopefully they aren't breeding themselves 🤣.
Wonder whether verbal diarrhoea is contagious.
Imagine the outrage if someone said “you can vaccinate yourself but if we’re talking about children it doesn’t feel right if adults are imposing their view on them”.

Apparently their tourism isn’t doing so well. Hmmmmm I wonder why! Absolutely nonsensical!
Hahah!! Any guesses?? 😬 It really is beyond crazy. Biden was in Ireland recently and when a young child asked him what’s the top steps to success he said making sure we don’t all have covid 😳

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Hahah!! Any guesses?? 😬 It really is beyond crazy. Biden was in Ireland recently and when a young child asked him what’s the top steps to success he said making sure we don’t all have covid 😳

Every invitee had to take a covid test.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.