COVID-19 vaccine #23 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Upset to see the possibilities of masking returning due to the new variant, as I struggled with that more than any other aspect of Covid restrictions last time. I was not too bad in the cooler months but as soon as it was even a bit warm I just could not cope with masks as I have pre-existing breathing difficulties (minor mostly but there's the potential for nasty turns and I've been in hospital for it a few times over the years) and allergies, and masking makes those things much more of a worry.

I'll have to get exempt like last time, and put up with the absolutely evil looks people gave me.
I really don't think mask mandates will ever come back in the UK or Ireland. Here in Ireland, the head of the nurses' union kept calling, all through Winter, for masks to be mandated again, and the government refused. The mandate is gone from healthcare settings here now, as well, since mid April.
I hated masks, I just couldn't breathe in them, I got in trouble at work for not wearing one, scolded by someone who constantly wore hers slung under her nose 🙄 I think that's what I hated the most, the stupidity of it! Like a stupid visor, or a cloth pulled out of a pocket, was going to be hygienic!
My friend worked in TK Maxx, and they were told by management not to tackle any customers not wearing masks, as it wasn't worth the hassle.
That was one of the awful things about mask mandates, that minimum wage staff were expected to police it, at first.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The vaccine or the covid cold? 😂😂😂🙊
Well he's had his fair share of the latter and if we are to trust then he's had his fair share of the former.
Working well then
No wonder he's obsessed with it 🙄🤪.

With respect there are bigger health issues at play here.
In plain sight.
Ones no one seems to talk about seriously!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
I really don't think mask mandates will ever come back in the UK or Ireland. Here in Ireland, the head of the nurses' union kept calling, all through Winter, for masks to be mandated again, and the government refused. The mandate is gone from healthcare settings here now, as well, since mid April.
I hated masks, I just couldn't breathe in them, I got in trouble at work for not wearing one, scolded by someone who constantly wore hers slung under her nose 🙄 I think that's what I hated the most, the stupidity of it! Like a stupid visor, or a cloth pulled out of a pocket, was going to be hygienic!
My friend worked in TK Maxx, and they were told by management not to tackle any customers not wearing masks, as it wasn't worth the hassle.
That was one of the awful things about mask mandates, that minimum wage staff were expected to police it, at first.
Didn't you find though you would always get some jobsworth who would take great pleasure in pulling you up on not wearing a mask. I really think covid brought out the worst in people, it made alot of people feel superior and powerful and they made it their whole personality. They would grass on their neighbour's or pull people up for not social distancing or wearing a mask, clap for the NHS every week then talk tit about people who didn’t, vilified people for not taking the vaccine or for not taking the pandemic seriously enough. Now people act like nothing has happened and all is forgotten but Ill never forget some of the people that gave me tit.

• Heart
Spot on @Mbouzer . It makes me very sad and very angry thinking about it and how people behaved towards others and now want to move on.
I am a forgiving, move on type of person but I can't forget this. I'm not willing to as some people went through so much . All in the name of " health " when most things had eff all to do with health. And even when things didn't make ANY sense, most people caught up with the power carried on regardless, enforcing,belittling and wagging their fingers and tongues.
☹😡
---
Sorry edited to say hearing peoples stories of being refused access to loved ones in hospital or care homes by jobsworths , sometimes for the last time, makes me so upset. And furious.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Didn't you find though you would always get some jobsworth who would take great pleasure in pulling you up on not wearing a mask. I really think covid brought out the worst in people, it made alot of people feel superior and powerful and they made it their whole personality. They would grass on their neighbour's or pull people up for not social distancing or wearing a mask, clap for the NHS every week then talk tit about people who didn’t, vilified people for not taking the vaccine or for not taking the pandemic seriously enough. Now people act like nothing has happened and all is forgotten but Ill never forget some of the people that gave me tit.
Oh definitely! I think I might have posted before about a woman giving out to me because I was walking my dog, and not wearing a mask, through a sort of covered walkway (or long archway), on a university campus, open at both ends, and open doors along the sides of it, in other words practically a wind tunnel, full of fresh air 😅
She acted as if she owned the walkway!
When I answered her back she just put her head down.
The Mrs Hitlers were out in force everywhere!
A lot of it was down to the fear of catching covid, of course, as the media was pumping out the fear, and I can't blame people but it definitely brought out the bossy side of some, and the curtain twitching side!

Reactions: 9
I remember on earlier threads people were getting dogs abuse for going out for a bar of chocolate, hard to believe it was only 3 yrs ago.

Funny how the imodium team clutch their pearls in hypothetical horror at any parent deciding what is best for their child but seem to find vaccine injuries and contaminated blood hilarious. Getting embarrassing now.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Funny how the imodium team clutch their pearls in hypothetical horror at any parent deciding what is best for their child but seem to find vaccine injuries and contaminated blood hilarious. Getting embarrassing now.
Can you please stop taking things out of context and lying. No one finds the above funny.

Reactions: 1
Everyone can see the thread title suggestion and all the laughs under it.
Just like everyone can see the piss taking of vaccine injury discussions .
It's not invisible ink 🙄.
Good night

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Good night
And people can see what it is in reference to Poddular. There was no discussion about contaminated blood illnesses and vaccine injuries were people are laughing and taking the piss.

You’re trying to stir.

I remember on earlier threads people were getting dogs abuse for going out for a bar of chocolate, hard to believe it was only 3 yrs ago.
Does anyone else ever feel like it was a bad dream and we never even went through it?!
I honestly can't even believe it was real sometimes.
That we couldn't travel more than 2km and the Gardaí enforced it, doesn't seem real!
One of my neighbours developed a phobia of her bins, put on gloves to touch them, afraid of catching covid off them from the binmen. I had to drop a letter around to her house, during the lockdowns, and she made me leave it on the floor in front of her 😪 rather than take it from my hand.
I posted before about another neighbour whose eye went red after his booster vaccine. He's since been diagnosed with cancer of the eye, and had an operation.
Please God, we never ever go through lockdowns, mask mandates, vaccine passports or anything like that ever again!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Yea it’s quite scaremongering how they’re coming across too. Rambling on about tetanus. Tetanus is incredibly rare. But anyways so is vaccine injury yet only one is an acceptable risk to take right?
---
Good night
They’re evil bastards. Imagine even popping a joke about that. Sickening!

• Heart
  • Sad
Yea it’s quite scaremongering how they’re coming across too. Rambling on about tetanus. Tetanus is incredibly rare. But anyways so is vaccine injury yet only one is an acceptable risk to take right?
---

They’re evil bastards. Imagine even popping a joke about that. Sickening!
Just to say I am no stirrer. I just want to post and not argue. The one that came on defending isn't even an offender. Some actually disgust me but I try to ignore or laugh, so bleeping high and mighty, but I do know someone who has just had a pay out for losing their spouse years ago through contaminated blood. Fecking hilarious.
---
Another medical scandal!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Does anyone else ever feel like it was a bad dream and we never even went through it?!
I honestly can't even believe it was real sometimes.
That we couldn't travel more than 2km and the Gardaí enforced it, doesn't seem real!
One of my neighbours developed a phobia of her bins, put on gloves to touch them, afraid of catching covid off them from the binmen. I had to drop a letter around to her house, during the lockdowns, and she made me leave it on the floor in front of her 😪 rather than take it from my hand.
I posted before about another neighbour whose eye went red after his booster vaccine. He's since been diagnosed with cancer of the eye, and had an operation.
Please God, we never ever go through lockdowns, mask mandates, vaccine passports or anything like that ever again!
My MIL’s sister has been diagnosed with eye cancer, she went through 6 months of chemo and it’s come back ….It does seem like a lifetime ago ,maybe it’s only sinking in now 🙁

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Get your facts right first. It was nothing to do with what Poddular said and you’re a right one to talk…down playing the severity of Covid and calling it attention seekers disease.
Get your facts right love. I said long covid is an attention seekers disease.
Cruel to make a mockery of the contaminated blood scandal, perhaps educate yourself and maybe you’ll come back with your tail between your legs.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Get your facts right love. I said long covid is an attention seekers disease.
Cruel to make a mockery of the contaminated blood scandal, perhaps educate yourself and maybe you’ll come back with your tail between your legs.
That is down playing the severity of Covid since long Covid is an effect of Covid, okay I made a typo as I missed out the word ‘long’ - you should look at yourself before making comments about others who did not mock contaminated blood. It was a discussion about thread titles not what Pod is saying.

I don’t need to educate myself on anything, thanks. 👍🏻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.