Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
Not a euphemism for talc on you fanny right 😂
---

Hard read; we were mugs

As early as November 2020, the potential impact of the Covid pandemic on cancer treatment was already beginning to cause grave alarm. More than 300,000 planned screenings, it was then reported, had not taken place because testing services had either been reduced or suspended altogether in the months since the crisis had struck in March of that year.
The National Screening Service, testing for breast, bowel and cervical cancers, had planned to screen more than 433,000 people in 2020. Instead, the pandemic lockdowns had left them up to 70% behind their targets. Consultant oncologists were so concerned about the screening backlog that they launched the Care Can’t Wait campaign in late 2020.
A reduction in services due to the pandemic meant that, even when patients turned up with worrying symptoms, it simply wasn’t possible to provide all the tests they needed as quickly as they needed them.
‘The last thing patients need to hear is that we’d like you to get this scan,’ Dr John Crown said at the time, ‘but we can’t do it for a month.’
A combination of missed or delayed screenings, along with a significant decline in the number of people presenting with cancer worries for fear of going anywhere near a hospital during the worst of the pandemic, the consultants warned, was likely to cause serious problems in cancer care in the years ahead.
It now looks very much as if those fears have come to pass.
In the first year of the pandemic alone, around 2,600 cancers went undetected, either because people didn’t attend screenings or didn’t go to their doctors to have worrying symptoms checked out. As a result, the Oireachtas Health Committee heard this week, patients are turning up in hospitals with far more advanced cancers than would otherwise be expected – because they simply didn’t get seen in time.
This figure, remember, relates to just the first year of the pandemic – a period of nine months – since the effects of the lockdown would not have been felt until late March of 2020.
We won’t know until later this year, it seems, just how the figures shaped up for 2021 and 2022, but if the missed diagnosis rate remained at around one in ten, the 2020 figure provided to the committee, the numbers are likely to be far worse.
To add to the misery, said Irish Cancer Society chief executive Averil Power, those now presenting with advanced symptoms arrive into the hospital system at the worst possible time. Emergency departments have reported record numbers on trolleys since the beginning of the year and, said Ms Power, ‘it’s terrifying to think you have to go through an overcrowded ED to get access to care’.
It’s pretty terrifying, anyway, to think that people whose cancers should have been picked up for life-saving early treatment over the past three years have been walking around unaware that they were in mortal danger.
Was it really wise, in hindsight, to sacrifice the care and screening of one potentially fatal disease in our panicked haste to contain another? It was not, after all, as if the threat of the other Big C somehow receded during Covid. Should more effort have been made to maintain cancer services as a priority, back when we were being warned that reduced services were simply a warehousing of misery to come?
Early diagnosis of many common cancers, after all, is the best way to save lives – and, in the process, health service resources. If colorectal cancer is caught in time, for example, there’s a 95% chance that the patient will survive for at least five years. But if the same disease is diagnosed later, that five-year survival rate falls to just one in ten.
The upshot of the pandemic’s impact, Oireachtas members were told, is that instead of being picked up in routine screening or identified by an alert GP, some 14% of cancers are now being diagnosed in emergency departments. Imagine the awful anxiety, the hours of waiting, the vanishing hope that the bleeding or the lump or the sudden pain is something trivial… The tragic reality behind that statistic doesn’t need spelling out.
Once your cancer is bad enough that you need emergency treatment, it’s bad. Imagine getting that most dreaded news after a night on a chair in a chaotic ED.
‘A delayed cancer diagnosis is not a statistic,’ as Averil Power told politicians this week. ‘It is a whole world collapsing.’
My laughing emoji looks wrong since you edited the post 🙁…,Our red flag gyne referrals are 10mths + it’s going to be carnage going forward.

Reactions: 3

E84Blair

They did which has saved many lives. 👍🏻

Of course! Why would Big Pharma lie? What would they have to gain?

• Heart
  • Haha

EnjoyingTheShow

Chatty Member
Its proper comedy now, people still queuing up for them boosters plus the sad cases driving around in their car alone with masks and gloves.

It’s a good visual indicator of exactly who you need to avoid.

• Angry
About bloody time!

This is misleading. They are not ‘banning’ the vaccines. 🙄

From: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/jcvi-advises-an-autumn-covid-19-vaccine-booster

“As the transition continues away from a pandemic emergency response towards pandemic recovery, the JCVI has advised that the 2021 booster offer (third dose) for persons aged 16 to 49 years who are not in a clinical risk group should close in alignment with the close of the autumn 2022 booster vaccination campaign.”

• Haha

Blondeangel2515

VIP Member
I would return and ask for the gynaecologist appointment. Wonder what the nurse would say if you did a full STI screen and still came out negative. I just hope you do find a solution. Dealing with periods is hard enough as it is.

" In July of 2021, a study published by Pfizer explained that “during the blinded, placebo-controlled period, 15 participants in the [Pfizer vaccine] BNT162b2 group and 14 in the placebo group died.” Using FDA-style math, that is a 7% increased chance of death.

After the placebo group was unblinded, an additional 5 participants who received the vaccine died. As Pfizer explains, “3 participants in the [Pfizer vaccine] BNT162b2 group and 2 in the original placebo group who received [Pfizer vaccine] BNT162b2 after unblinding died.”

Adding this up, in the clinical trial from July 2020 to March 2021, 20 deaths occurred among those who received the vaccine as compared to 14 who received the placebo.

Oddly, in a separate FDA report, it said there were 38 total deaths—21 in the vaccinated group and 17 in the placebo, reflecting a 24% increased risk of mortality—and there has been, despite demand (discussed below), no accounting by the FDA for the discrepancy between its data and Pfizer’s data. "

2. Why is the US government protecting Moderna?

3. Shouldn't Pfizer be aware of what's going on and not the other way around?

I’ve been thinking about going back to ask about it as the gp who agreed it is to do with the vaccine suggested to see a gynaecologist but I thought since it’s been 18 months since we had bloods and scans done and there’s been silence from the gp and me it might just seem odd but still nothing’s changed 🤷🏼‍♀️

monga

VIP Member
Better hurry and get those boosters before the two headed dog catches you.

• Haha
  • Angry
Well, talking of echo chambers, I'm sure 'back at the ranch' there will be plenty of snidey comments about 'going around in circles' / 'don't know how you engage with that lot' / 'banging your head against a brick wall'. In fact I'm sure Howl, Owl's head will be spinning in circles trying to get a response out to the gang over there.

But yep, we're the bad guys.
Take a look at the CT thread. Double standards.

• Haha

Blondeangel2515

VIP Member
Fingers crossed your GP does feel it is necessary in your case. Irregular periods are normally always seen. Do you also have support in real life too?

There's always also someone around if you need to talk on the CT thread. It's not just always about conspiracy theories.
I think it’s more difficult that as much as they are seen as irregular they’re regular 🤷🏼‍♀️ which was what my gp found to be really odd because they’re regular just not monthly regular. I’m more concerned over the fact mine were light before the vaccine but now it just seems to be a blood bath. Saying that I’m still getting the same pre period symptoms o always got at the same time of every month for the same duration I’ve always had. 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

I have support but it’s more family members boasting that they never got the vaccine which I had to working in nhs and saying they think I’ll find it hard to conceive now 🙃

• Heart

monga

VIP Member
I think we all know that he was more than likely jabbed so that comment is either a bot or a person seriously in denial.
Looks like a genuine account I’ve cropped out the name, it could be the reason why he couldn’t go on the American tour? he took part in the Irish leg,the band cited family reasons.

mcfeez

VIP Member
Its ok though because all drugs have side-effects .🙄☹
Doctors over reliance on unsafe drugs causes harm to millions .
Roaccutane is a wonder drug in terms of results but have heard stuff like this about it for years. A cousin of mine took it and I'm nearly positive her doctor discussed mental health issues with her frequently but ofc maybe that isn't standard, recommended practice.

OwlAtTheMoon

https://news.sky.com/story/vaccine-...le-conditions-could-be-ready-by-2030-12852533Vaccine for cancer, heart disease and previously untreatable conditions 'could be ready by 2030'
This is incredible news if it pans out - a bona fide cure for cancer, which would be life-altering in an unprecedented way. What's harder to see is how the major pharmaceutical companies will ultimately get behind these individually tailored cancer vaccines when they make so much of their profit from the many types of cancer chemotherapy drugs they already manufacture and develop. This much I know: doctors and scientists working on research & development at pharmaceutical co.s are constantly at loggerheads with profit-oriented bosses. Here's hoping the medics win out. 🤞