COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My three grandaughter's have been out of school a while now but cant remember my daughter having to give a reason for refusal.

The kids who got it though were given certificates and stickers .

This is a very interesting video on Ivermectine .. These people should be in prison, Fauci especially. The man is a cold blooded murderer and has been since at least the 80s

It’s a bit much isn’t it! I definitely don’t recall giving reasons on forms in the past. I’m going to ask the teachers if my children will also get a sticker or whatever they’re giving out as it’s not fair to treat them differently when they’re in a group like that and all of the class have a sticker and one or two don’t!

Reactions: 5
For anyone following the gp harassing me to get my sons the flu vaccine story…

I got in touch with the GP. Had to call in as hellish trying to get through phone and they said to me that they were sorry for the volume of messages but that for every vaccine on the schedule now they will send me these updates and that they can’t stop them but that everytime i receive one I need to send a letter notifying I decline and the reason I decline. I asked so I’ll need to send a letter every year then? And she said yes that’s correct. I asked was that not a waste of resources for someone to need to open my letter and have a doctor glance at it so they can update the record and she said it’s just how it is now and she apologised for the inconvenience it would cause me.

In other news I got the letters from the school today inviting them for flu vaccines - being chased from all angles here. Also asks on that form to explain my reasons 😂 does anyone else decline nasal flu vaccine? Does your form also ask this. I don’t recall seeing this on the form in previous years although maybe it has been and I’ve not noticed.
Wtf! Why do they want to know why you decline a vaccine ANY vaccine for yourself or your children? I would ask them that before answering. Not that you have to answer it anyway if you don't wish to. Such intrusion.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wtf! Why do they want to know why you decline a vaccine ANY vaccine for yourself or your children? I would ask them that before answering. Not that you have to answer it anyway if you don't wish to. Such intrusion.
I know! I wonder why they don’t ask everyone accepting it why they have decided to take it 😂😂

Yep, as I said you don't care.

Then they came for me
I should add that I didn't mean all these Facebook groups were 100% misinformation, but like it or not, there will be some misinformation in these groups.

Facebook don't have the resources to continually moderate every group and hence they close groups that trigger certain words.

I don't see how people with concerns about the vaccines are being 'silenced', when this thread exists and there are various other places on the internet where discussion of that kind is allowed and encouraged (Substack, Conservative Woman, etc to name a few - many of which are linked to on here).

At the end of the day, Facebook is its own company and, therefore, is allowed to remove content from its own platform if it wants to. It's a bit like how you have the right to say who enters your home and who doesn't.

Forcing Facebook to host content against its will, would be dictatorial and I don't think many people would want that.

Reactions: 1

I got in touch with the GP. Had to call in as hellish trying to get through phone and they said to me that they were sorry for the volume of messages but that for every vaccine on the schedule now they will send me these updates and that they can’t stop them but that everytime i receive one I need to send a letter notifying I decline and the reason I decline. I asked so I’ll need to send a letter every year then? And she said yes that’s correct. I asked was that not a waste of resources for someone to need to open my letter and have a doctor glance at it so they can update the record and she said it’s just how it is now and she apologised for the inconvenience it would cause me.

In other news I got the letters from the school today inviting them for flu vaccines - being chased from all angles here. Also asks on that form to explain my reasons 😂 does anyone else decline nasal flu vaccine? Does your form also ask this. I don’t recall seeing this on the form in previous years although maybe it has been and I’ve not noticed.
I refused the flu vaccine and hpv for my youngest son (15) in the reason why I just put 'NO'. Nothing ever came back from that.🤷‍♀️

I'm pretty sure it's to cover themselves. They'll want to reduce any future legal action being taken against them which is why they ask regularly and get the person to declare a reason. Though you should be able to cross through the reason if you don't want to give one, as they can then say "we asked a reason and the patient declined to provide one".

If they only ask once, then they're assuming the opt out applies for the rest of that person's life, which could be seen as making assumptions.

One thing we can probably agree on is that there should be an option to opt out permanently. They could easily provide a disclaimer and get the patient to sign it to reduce any chance of future litigation.

Reactions: 2
I refused the flu vaccine and hpv for my youngest son (15) in the reason why I just put 'NO'. Nothing ever came back from that.🤷‍♀️
Yea I am just gonna do the same! Don’t remember them ever asking for reasons on forms before.
I assume they probably do it so they can work on campaigns to target vaccine hesitancy instead of just accepting that people are entitled to make an informed decision 😬

Reactions: 4

When little one's school was doing the nasal flu sprays last year, I received a letter like you've described. I sent it back declining and stated 'Decision reached to decline' in the reason box.
I didn't hear anything else from school though I did get an NHS text a while later stating that, as I had not vaccinated my child in the school programme, I could book it at the GP. It mentioned the availability of the injection version too and had a couple of links. I did not respond and heard nothing else.
I phoned the school on the day too, to remind them that I had declined and they were totally understanding. Not all the kids had it and there were no stickers etc. thank goodness.

This year, it was just an email and, surprisingly, it is opt in rather than opt out.

I am also surprised that, even though I am CEV, I've only had one basic text saying flu jabs are available and the wording wasn't as 'assertive' this time.
I haven't had any Covid jabs and haven't received anything about that for more than a year... either they've got the message or I've just tempted fate and I'll now be bombarded!

• Heart
When little one's school was doing the nasal flu sprays last year, I received a letter like you've described. I sent it back declining and stated 'Decision reached to decline' in the reason box.
I didn't hear anything else from school though I did get an NHS text a while later stating that, as I had not vaccinated my child in the school programme, I could book it at the GP. It mentioned the availability of the injection version too and had a couple of links. I did not respond and heard nothing else.
I phoned the school on the day too, to remind them that I had declined and they were totally understanding. Not all the kids had it and there were no stickers etc. thank goodness.

This year, it was just an email and, surprisingly, it is opt in rather than opt out.

I am also surprised that, even though I am CEV, I've only had one basic text saying flu jabs are available and the wording wasn't as 'assertive' this time.
I haven't had any Covid jabs and haven't received anything about that for more than a year... either they've got the message or I've just tempted fate and I'll now be bombarded!
This is really reassuring thank you so much for sharing your experience. I’m hoping our school aren’t giving stickers out for it either! Makes more since to opt in rather than out doesn’t it! Most of the kids in their classes usually have had it, a lot of them have even paid for the chicken pox vaccine so I’m not sure what to expect this year.

I'm pretty sure it's to cover themselves. They'll want to reduce any future legal action being taken against them which is why they ask regularly and get the person to declare a reason. Though you should be able to cross through the reason if you don't want to give one, as they can then say "we asked a reason and the patient declined to provide one".

If they only ask once, then they're assuming the opt out applies for the rest of that person's life, which could be seen as making assumptions.

One thing we can probably agree on is that there should be an option to opt out permanently. They could easily provide a disclaimer and get the patient to sign it to reduce any chance of future litigation.
No doubt this is true as this is the culture here now but also its like the school are trying to open up a discussion to try and persuade those who decline.

To whom it may concern
Gosh those vaccinated folk seem to be feeling rather sick today judging by their reactions. What ever happened to scrolling by respectfully like an adult 😴 b for boring.

i wonder will the school offer those certificates out for my boys if they’re offering certificates to the vaccinated children 🤣🤣 there’s an idea 😍

Reactions: 6
Gosh those vaccinated folk seem to be feeling rather sick today judging by their reactions. What ever happened to scrolling by respectfully like an adult 😴 b for boring.
Gosh here it is again. The holier than thou act. Loads of my posts get the sick emoji, don’t see you say anything about that.

If we go by your logic, the same could be said to those who are unvaccinated, they could scroll by respectfully like an adult. Why did you even have to mention it?

Practise what you preach. Oh look Poddular left a sick emoji on Ensay’s post earlier today but that’s okay isn’t it?

11873F83-B339-4E0C-9F96-67E4CD2474F9.jpeg

i wonder will the school offer those certificates out for my boys if they’re offering certificates to the vaccinated children 🤣🤣 there’s an idea 😍
I learnt from the best..

Screenshot 2022-09-16 at 22.35.19.png

Two in two minutes earlier today.

Reactions: 1
I don’t know why you are singling out ‘vaccinated folk’ when plenty of other posters who are not for the vaccine react with sick of laughing emojis.

Your comment is trying to goad.
No I’m not trying to goad. I was making an observation while commenting on a picture that I liked if you read the full comment I posted instead of cherry picking, the original poster shared an image and I noticed people being childish so commented on that too.

You’re attempting, as always, to turn it into an argument because you can’t be an adult and scroll past something you disagree with that. I won’t be engaging with you further on this matter. I am not on this thread to argue. I am here to discuss vaccines. If you don’t want to discuss vaccines please don’t continue to quote and respond to this comment as it derails and becomes very boring for everyone else to read and is totally irrelevant to the topic.

• Heart
No I’m not trying to goad. I was making an observation while commenting on a picture that I liked if you read the full comment I posted instead of cherry picking, the original poster shared an image and I noticed people being childish so commented on that too.

You’re attempting, as always, to turn it into an argument because you can’t be an adult and scroll past something you disagree with that. I won’t be engaging with you further on this matter. I am not on this thread to argue. I am here to discuss vaccines. If you don’t want to discuss vaccines please don’t continue to quote and respond to this comment as it derails and becomes very boring for everyone else to read and is totally irrelevant to the topic.
You noticed people being childish? One poster literally left a sick emoji which you did not have to bring up. You talk about others being an adult and scrolling past when you cannot help but comment about it, when you could have scrolled past.

I am not turning it into an argument, I’m tired of the double standards - so what if a user left a sick emoji. Why not say something about Poddular also doing it. You’re here to discuss vaccines and not to argue, yet you make a comment like that about an emoji. Sure. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.