COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a complete paradox though. When the AZ vaccine was rolled out, anyone taking it was informed of the known side effects.

The CVST (blood clotting) risk is so rare that no clinical trial would have been sufficiently powered to detect it. It was detected after the vaccines had been given to millions of people, because millions of doses were required for it to occur by chance. Once a causal effect was identified, it was added to the list of known side effects and anyone having it made aware, along with updating guidance on who or who not should be offered it.

This is the case for any very rare side effect of a new drug or vaccine.

You highlight every anecdote you've heard of regarding someone having complications from AZ, but do not highlight those who did from a coronavirus infection. It still remains the case that it was far safer to be vaccinated than remain unvaccinated.

You may not agree with that, and want to make your own decision, but this is why it was rolled out and offered to specific age groups.

AFAIA you don't need an autumn booster to travel anywhere- so that's moot.

Perhaps she wants to be vaccinated, given that it is recommended for her age group, but does not feel comfortable telling you that.
[/QUOTE]
I can assure you they were not! Even in April 2021 they handed out leaflets with symptoms to look out for , not side effects of the vaccine , that came much later.
VITT couldn’t have been that rare when hospitals were seeing cases practically every week.

Reactions: 3
Not questioning how happy you are with your choice or the little info given ,but to state the literature given out is fully informative is wrong (for those that were lucky enough to be given anything )on AZ during the initial rollout there wasn’t enough known about potential side effects to fully inform people.
Like I said, I'm only talking about my experience. I didn't say all literature was informative for every person, or that everyone got a leaflet.

Like I said, I'm only talking about my experience. I didn't say all literature was informative for every person, or that everyone got a leaflet.
Yes, but you keep spouting informed choice when that’s impossible .

Reactions: 4

Perhaps she wants to be vaccinated, given that it is recommended for her age group, but does not feel comfortable telling you that.
Possibly. I'm lucky enough not to have had any friends or family member challenge me on my decision to take the vaccine.

But I think if someone had questioned why I was getting it, I'd keep my response brief, as it's not something I'd want to get into with someone close to me. I don't mind having my say with people on message boards, but I wouldn't want to fall out with close family or friends over it.

Yes, but you keep spouting informed choice when that’s impossible .
I said I made an informed choice. You can't tell me I didn't, only I can say whether I did or not.

It'd be like you disagreeing with my hair or eye colour. I mean, you can if you want, but it's pointless and changes nothing. :D

Possibly. I'm lucky enough not to have had any friends or family member challenge me on my decision to take the vaccine.

But I think if someone had questioned why I was getting it, I'd keep my response brief, as it's not something I'd want to get into with someone close to me. I don't mind having my say with people on message boards, but I wouldn't want to fall out with close family or friends over it.

I said I made an informed choice. You can't tell me I didn't, only I can say whether I did or not.

It'd be like you disagreeing with my hair or eye colour. I mean, you can if you want, but it's pointless and changes nothing. :D
I didn’t say YOU didn’t as I already stated .I’m talking about posts you’ve made where you state people were/ are given informed choices when that’s not correct.

You do need to have had a vaccine recently (within 270 days) to be considered “fully vaccinated” for travel to the Netherlands and other countries when travelling from the U.K.

I didn’t say YOU didn’t as I already stated .I’m talking about posts you’ve made where you state people were/ are given informed choices when that’s not correct.
Well, I'm talking about posts today. I'm sure we could all post about other things said in the past. I probably just meant that people should have been given the same info I was prior to vaccination. However, if they weren't, then they weren't. Like I say, I can't speak for everyone, nor have I ever claimed to.

You do need to have had a vaccine recently (within 270 days) to be considered “fully vaccinated” for travel to the Netherlands and other countries when travelling from the U.K.
This is completely incorrect.

"If you have received a third dose, you are considered fully vaccinated for entry into the Netherlands. There is currently no expiry date."

You do not need an autumn/winter booster for travel, as the PP was claiming (saying their parent was being pressured into accepting one based on travel alone).

It should be pretty obvious, given that most of the population are ineligble for a booster.

Reactions: 1

[/QUOTE]

🤣🤣🤣 if you knew my mother, you would know she's not uncomfortable saying any thing!

Reactions: 3
This is completely incorrect.

"If you have received a third dose, you are considered fully vaccinated for entry into the Netherlands. There is currently no expiry date."

You do not need an autumn/winter booster for travel, as the PP was claiming (saying their parent was being pressured into accepting one based on travel alone).
How do you know they have had a booster though? If they haven’t then they aren’t “fully vaccinated” so do require it.

🤣🤣🤣 if you knew my mother, you would know she's not uncomfortable saying any thing!
[/QUOTE]
Lmao. Oh no you couldn’t be right, they know your mother better than you do 👀😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
How do you know they have had a booster though? If they haven’t then they aren’t “fully vaccinated” so do require it.
Because the poster was specifically claiming their parent was taking up the autumn/winter booster for travel reasons only.

[/QUOTE]

Well then I'd tell her - mum you don't need an autumn/winter booster to travel anywhere.

Surely that solves it?

Reactions: 1
Because the poster was specifically claiming their parent was taking up the autumn/winter booster for travel reasons only.
Yes and you just said they need to have had 3 doses to be fully vaccinated. Perhaps the autumn booster would be their third dose.

Well, I'm talking about posts today. I'm sure we could all post about other things said in the past. I probably just meant that people should have been given the same info I was prior to vaccination. However, if they weren't, then they weren't. Like I say, I can't speak for everyone, nor have I ever claimed to.
The pro people repeatedly go on about informed choice🤷🏼‍♀️
They couldn’t be given the info when it wasn’t there they hadn’t gathered it, same as the new vaccine is recommended but hasn’t been tested .

Reactions: 4
Just sharing this as it was talked about here recently. ✌🏻🕊

Just sharing this as it was talked about here recently. ✌🏻🕊

Why are you still going on about it?

• Wow
To be fair, I'd love an eye roll reaction. God knows I roll my eyes a lot of posts on Tattle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.